Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Connectors

diamondlock

Hi all, I have a ford Focus LX 1.4. the connection plug and socket connecting to the passenger air bag has broken and needs a replacement , where can I purchase one of these. its a two pin unit. :blink:

Hi all, I have a ford Focus LX 1.4. the connection plug and socket connecting to the passenger air bag has broken and needs a replacement , where can I purchase one of these. its a two pin unit. :blink:

You would be more beneficial to replace the connectors with aftermarket type, ie bullet crimp etc. Would save you alot of hassle and you could do it for less than a fiver:)

Just remember to disconnect the battery before you go removing connectors.

stef

I would add to that : After disconnecting the battery leave it for at least 20 minutes. Otherwise you could set off the airbag if there is residual charge in the system.

You would be more beneficial to replace the connectors with aftermarket type, ie bullet crimp etc. Would save you alot of hassle and you could do it for less than a fiver:)

Just remember to disconnect the battery before you go removing connectors.

stef

Many thanks for the information Stef, however do you know where I can obtain these items, ?

Many thanks for the information Stef, however do you know where I can obtain these items, ?

Any DIY shop, homebase, B&Q, Halfords. I have a suspicion Halfords will be the dearest. You will need a pack of bullet crimp connectors which contains a male and female parts. and also a crimp tool. It is very simple to do, strip around 5mm of the insulation from the cable and give the wires a little twist together, push them into the crimp and crimp using the tool. Note what colour of crimp you use, if you get a selection of crimps you can try them out. if the cable is too thick it wont fit into red crimp. once you have put a crimp on each cable, simply just push the appropriate connectors together. they might be a little tight to fit but just use a little force and try to make sure the plastic insulation of the crimp hides all the bare metal(may be more obvious when you see the connectors) if there is any metal showing the best idea would probably just be a little insulating tape around it. bullet crimps can be a little akward at times, especially the female part as its hard to tell how far the wire is inside. might take a few attempts to get it right but if you can do it right it should not cause you any problems in the future.

if you need any more help or if any of the above doesnt make sense, get back to me and i will help you out

If you dont want to go down the road of crimping, homebase and b&Q etc sell a little connector block, just found one in my toolbox from a while back. If you can wire a plug you can wire one of these to say the least. unscrew the cover and you will see 2 terminals and 4 screw, i think there is also a couple of cable grips too. strip the wires, put them into the terminals and tighten up. basically 2 wires go in at one side and the other 2 at the other side. these are only a couple of quid too

Any DIY shop, homebase, B&Q, halfords. I have a suspicion halfords will be the dearest. You will need a pack of bullet crimp connectors which contains a male and female parts. and also a crimp tool. It is very simple to do, strip around 5mm of the insulation from the cable and give the wires a little twist together, push them into the crimp and crimp using the tool. Note what colour of crimp you use, if you get a selection of crimps you can try them out. if the cable is too thick it wont fit into red crimp. once you have put a crimp on each cable, simply just push the appropriate connectors together. they might be a little tight to fit but just use a little force and try to make sure the plastic insulation of the crimp hides all the bare metal(may be more obvious when you see the connectors) if there is any metal showing the best idea would probably just be a little insulating tape around it. bullet crimps can be a little akward at times, especially the female part as its hard to tell how far the wire is inside. might take a few attempts to get it right but if you can do it right it should not cause you any problems in the future.

if you need any more help or if any of the above doesnt make sense, get back to me and i will help you out

If you dont want to go down the road of crimping, homebase and b&Q etc sell a little connector block, just found one in my toolbox from a while back. If you can wire a plug you can wire one of these to say the least. unscrew the cover and you will see 2 terminals and 4 screw, i think there is also a couple of cable grips too. strip the wires, put them into the terminals and tighten up. basically 2 wires go in at one side and the other 2 at the other side. these are only a couple of quid too

Thanks again stef, I will try this out, best wishes to you and yours for the new year

regards

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club