Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2005 Tdci 2.0 Clutch Amongst Other Problems

monty187

Hello all

I have just been given the bad news that my focus 2.0 6 speed needs a new clutch. This includes a new Duel Mass Flywheel and Hydraulic Release Bearing. My mechanic says this will cost around 1000 pounds :(

He said I can try source the parts myself as this figure is madness to me!

I thought I would post here to see if anyone has had the same nightmare or has sourced parts like this from anywhere decent. I have looked on eBay and the prices seem a little better, also notices a make LUK at reasonable prices.

I was just about to sell the car and now need to spend this much on it to get it sold :(

Thanks for any comments

Michael

You can get a modified flywheel which does away with the dual mass. I have fitted two or three of these kits and haven't noticed any difference in performance etc.

You can get a modified flywheel which does away with the dual mass. I have fitted two or three of these kits and haven't noticed any difference in performance etc.

Thanks Craig, are they the same price? Where do you buy em?

Yeah absolutely, that method worked out perfectly for my Granddads Mondeo TDCI. The Ford garage quoted him about the same price as the OP, but he had the work done at a different garage which fitted a different flywheel and the whole job worked out cheaper for him, although I think the work wasn't carried out at a main dealer - the car is 8 years old or so with 100,000 miles so getting on a little.

Isn't the dual mass flywheel supposed to ease vibrations of the diesel engine? Or make the clutch smoother?

Dan

Actually got a reasonable price of 464GBP for duel mass flywheel, clutch kit and hydraulic bearing. Not bad at all I think, got it from a local europarts. Think ill try them for the air flow meter I need as well. Labour is between 250 and 300 from my mechanic. Giving me a total of about 800 which is better than 1k!! Had a look for the conversion kit but aint seen any for my model. Ill be selling soon anyway, had a few problems so far and none have been cheap.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club