Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Low Windscreen Wash Warning Light/message

Barry_

As per the thread title - had a google for this and search on here but can't seem to find anything mention before.

So just brought my new motor as in the info on the left - now reading the manual etc a thought this was a standard feature - my car ran out of fluid and i got no amber warning light or warning message on the digital display (the 2 line display) (then again the manual mentions instant mpg reading which most of us don't have either)

Question is - This normal - some cars have this/others don't (thought being a titanium it would) or should there be a warning light??

Oh all the lights bulbs work in dash - done all the tests when i brought the car. I assume it should work - any ideas why it wouldn't be - blown fuse? connection on plugged in etc

Thanks in advance

My 55 reg has this where as my missus' 59 reg doesn't.

Hmmmmm.

Strange isn't it.

Anyone got any ideas of things to check for?

I had it on my 55 ZC, it did come up with the amber light and a note "Washer Fluid Level Low", it could have been disabled, or possibly the sensor has been disabled. Unfortunately without taking the arch linings off to look for the sensors, and taking it in to check the ECU etc there is no guarantee we can say for definite.

Think i'll just top it up and forget about it for a while. Might get ford to check at somepoint or check the senors when i remove the wheel to clean. At least the Low Fuel warning works ;-)

Its a strange one though - Jennings Ford seem to think the functions are not on vehicle (Question asked on a April 2006 Focus 1.6 Zetec Climate!!)

The function should be there, as long as you have a trip computer you should see it, unless its disabled for one reason or another... I wonder if the previous owner got it switched off, johnH, doesnt the magical Ford tool do that? have you gone and bought it yet :rolleyes:

nah not yet jee, saving the pennies, after i needed a new turbo pipe, aircon compressor and condensor, installing the ford multimedia system, im running a little low on funds. and now it needs a service and some taxing.

anyways i bet you could activate this...i did it on my peugeot and it worked...activated alsorts on my pug and soon as i get the ford one ill be doing the same...

-activate the change gear light

-possibility of cruise control

-washer warning

-disable ESP via computer

everything basically...ill also be able to help those in need of a DPF reset and fault diagnosis for some beer tokens :lol:

you may be able to just leave the RAF mate and start servicing peoples cars with it! you probably make a profit on what your on now, without charging dealer prices... stick an ad in some of the northern gazettes, you will be truely popular!

Shame Hampshire and the north are a fair distance apart, barry you could have popped by and exchanged beer for lights... :P

• 11 months later...

Recently purchased a new shape zetec and that does not have one where as my 51 ghia tdci did, another thing cut down on.

On recent cars it's only fitted to models that also have headlamp washers. No headlamp washers, no low washer fluid warning. :(

I have it on my 2006 Ghia, which has no headlamp washers.

To be fair, it's more of a nuisance than anything else. It takes over the trip computer and refuses to display anything else (mileage, fuel consumption, temperature, nothing!) until it is filled up.

And also, to be fair, a full tank of washer fluid lasts me over 2 months during the summer, so it's a warning I don't really need in any case.

I have it on my 2006 Ghia, which has no headlamp washers.

To be fair, it's more of a nuisance than anything else. It takes over the trip computer and refuses to display anything else (mileage, fuel consumption, temperature, nothing!) until it is filled up.

And also, to be fair, a full tank of washer fluid lasts me over 2 months during the summer, so it's a warning I don't really need in any case.

when it comes on, press the end of your stalk to acknowledge, and although the yellow light stays on, the stalk works as normal. (It resets every time you take the key out though! !Removed! annoying)

This sounds like an extra you are better off without. :mellow:

It does no harm, like tommy said, click to acknowledge and it just adds itself to the menu, so as you circulate your TC, you then get to the end and see the reminder that its low. I found it handy, saves you running out, and blowing the pump inadvertently.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club