Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water Leak

cliffih

My Daughter has just purchased an 09 fiesta Style, she has only owned it now for a week and last night we had heavy rain, this morning when she went out in the car, she noticed that the floor mats where wet, does anyone have any idea where this water could be coming in from?

My Daughter has just purchased an 09 fiesta Style, she has only owned it now for a week and last night we had heavy rain, this morning when she went out in the car, she noticed that the floor mats where wet, does anyone have any idea where this water could be coming in from?

It could be flooded channels and so the drainage is coming in through the door, check the ceiling after it gets wet and see if theres any damp there, also check for water marks on the inside of the door and around the footwell to try and trace it...

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I am a new member and joined for this very reason. I have a 58 plate Fiesta Style and I had exactly the same problem. The footwell behind the drivers seat was filling up with water everytime it rained. At first I thought it must be coming in from underneath the car as there didnt appear to be any visible signs of water coming in. THIS IS A KNOWN MANUFACTURE FAULT. I took mine into my local Ford garage who informed me of this. My leak was coming from the A Post, due to not enough sealant on the welding. Ford customer relations offered to pay 50% of the cost but the dealer told me not to accept and to argue, which I duly did and they raised the offer to 75%. I have just been contacted by my dealer today and they have agreed to pay the remaining 25%, so the repair is now free. They had my car for over a week and kindly lent me a loan car. I also contacted Trading Standards and threatened Customer relations with going to Watchdog because I dont think it is fair that I am expected to pay for a manufacturing fault. Trading Standards told me that under the Sale of Goods Act my car should have been free from defects when Ford sold it to me (I bought it secondhand from them with only 1800 miles on the clock) and they already knew that there was a fault on this Model and year of car.

I really hope this helps. Do push for them to pay, Im sure it must be the same fault. Good Luck

• 1 year later...

Hi, I have the same problem but I bought my 58 plate fiesta from a non-ford dealer, so they have obviously denied any knowledge of the leakage.

I haven't dared get a price yet, do you mind me asking how much you were originally quoted for the work to fix the leak?

I am really worried about being ripped off as I cant be 100% sure the leak is exactly the same as yours.

Any help or suggestions would be gratefully received. Thanks.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club