Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Warranty

Stewie316

So i've finally come to the conclusion that i just don't put enough miles on my fiesta. When i bought it new from ford in Feburary they told me that the car is under warranty for the first year and i'd have to pay an extra 200-400 for extra two years (Not exact). I've now just checked the ford.co.uk website on extending the warranty and noticed that it seems to be standard now that the car is under warranty for 3years/60,000 miles. What did they offer in regards to warranty for you, and is it worth extending?

http://www.ford.co.uk/BuyingandprotectingyourFord/Warranties/NewCarWarranty/NewCarExtendedWarranty

EDIT: I've confused myself with WARRANTY & Fords Protect plan. Warranty is fine and correct.

http://www.ford.co.uk/BuyingandprotectingyourFord/ServiceandMaintenancePlans/NewCarsServicingandExtendedRoadsideAssistancePlans

Does anyone buy it or wait for each service yearly?

As you say, the warranty is for 3 years or 60.000 miles.

As the warranty extension says, it covers the 4th and 5th years up to 80000 miles.

Buying it or not depends if you intend to keep the car for 5 years and if you think that selling the car before that time will be a better bet for the intending buyer considering that the warranty can be transferred to the new buyer.

This is correct karl i've found it in the log book i was going through some of the paperwork and it was the Ford Protect Premium that the salesman wanted me to get. I just couldn't find it on the ford website at first, has anyone decided to get this when they've purchased new? I would think it would be the same as just servicing the vehicle yearly yourself but you don't get the extended "Ford Assistance".

From brand new you get a Ford Warranty for 1 year/unlimited mileage and then years 2 and 3 are dealer warranty up to 60,000.

Year 1 covers everything then 2 and 3 is less comprehensive.

So i've finally come to the conclusion that i just don't put enough miles on my fiesta. When i bought it new from ford in Feburary they told me that the car is under warranty for the first year and i'd have to pay an extra 200-400 for extra two years (Not exact). I've now just checked the ford.co.uk website on extending the warranty and noticed that it seems to be standard now that the car is under warranty for 3years/60,000 miles. What did they offer in regards to warranty for you, and is it worth extending?

http://www.ford.co.uk/BuyingandprotectingyourFord/Warranties/NewCarWarranty/NewCarExtendedWarranty

EDIT: I've confused myself with WARRANTY & Fords Protect plan. Warranty is fine and correct.

http://www.ford.co.uk/BuyingandprotectingyourFord/ServiceandMaintenancePlans/NewCarsServicingandExtendedRoadsideAssistancePlans

Does anyone buy it or wait for each service yearly?

I bought the Ford Protect Premium Plan shortly after taking delivery of my Fiesta - basically to "inflation proof" the servicing costs for the first 3 years. It's O.K. although on each of the (two) services which I've had so far there's been a bit of a battle between myself & my Ford dealer. 1st service - although I told the dealer I had this plan, when I collected the car they presented me with a bill for about £120 & insisted I had to pay - despite me showing them Ford's confirmation that I had the Premium Protect Plan. Kicked up a fuss in Reception & they eventually honoured the agreement. 2nd service - dealer insisted that I pay £29.99 for a brake fluid change - which is covered by the plan as it's part of the standard servicing schedule. Took that one up with Ford Protect prior to taking the car in - they were extremely helpful & I got a letter back within only a few days saying that I was correct, my dealer was wrong & they'd been on to the (Ford) dealer to explain the (Ford) servicing plan.

Would buy the Premium Protect Plan again though dealer seems to have a woeful lack of understanding of this product!

Thanks Andy!

Just wanted to get a heads up before i grab it before first service next year. I don't know if i'd take it to get serviced at the same dealer i got it from i'd use another ford dealer a city away. My dealer wasn't very helpful when i had a problem with the steering rack. I took it to ford over in another city and they took care of it all and gave me a hire car free and dropped it off back to me.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club