Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

2.0 Tdci - Sluggish

krassivy

I have a 2004 c-max done 70k miles. LAst month it would not start and got a new fuel pump fitted. day afterI got it back it did not start again. ot taken to a different brach of same garage and they replaced a faulty sensor!

In last week car has statrted to be a bit sluggish when I change gear - at around 2000 revs power is slow to 'kick in'. Tok it to garage who have advised that clutch is slipping and needs replaced For £1200!! However, reading this website it looks like the problem could be injectors, EGR valves etc and I am wondering is it related to new fuel pump?

I dont want to spend that type of money and find it has not soled the problem. Can anyone give any advice?

i would remove and clean the egr, its a messy job but will only cost a few quid for some cleaner,while the valve is off check the large pipe on the bottom of the egr for splits as this would cause a power loss at around 1800 revs.