Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Change Radio

ChrisH

I have a 2006 56 plate Zetec climate 1.8tdci. It currently has the old square type 6000CD in it. Have seen nicer Sony units, but they appear to be oval. Is it possible to get a later radio surround, and fit the newer Sony units in this car, and do these Sony units do integral bluetooth, and connect to the existing connectors? Also where do I get these bits from?

Cheers

Yes all you need is the curved surround, ford sell them at around £26 + vat, and also the stereo quadlock should all fit the same

look at the 2 surrounds below both from same year focus....

post-25115-0-68553800-1313403025_thumb.j

post-25115-0-36460600-1313403032_thumb.j

All the oval units illuminate in orange.

Hope that you are OK with that?

Yeah, not too fussed about the lighting being orange. Thanks for the replys.

Do I need any adapters to fit the radio into the existing hole?

You need the curved surround that steve77 said above. You may also need another plastic adaptor that goes behind the surround that allows the curved CD player to be screwed to the dash. The surround then fixes over the top. I changed the one in mine but I already had a curved CD player in there. Changed it for the Sony MP3 version. You can pull the surround off by getting your fingers underneath it below the heater dials. Start pulling and work your way to the top. It's only pressure fitted. ;)

Wiring harness should be the same.

• 2 weeks later...

managed to get a head unit, surround and fitting brackets, but came with no screws. Any idea where I can get them from, or do Ford do them?

• Like 1

Hi

Sorry to bug, been to ford, they seemed to have no idea of what I wanted. They went all through their systems, and all we could find were the brackets for the curved stereo, but no torx bolts were shown. Does anyone have any idea what the part number is for them, or where I can source them. Alternatively, what size screw will fit...

Would welcome any advice here, im a bit stuck now.

Chris,

The ones in mine were standard philips screws. See if you can get some from B&Q or somewhere like that. Once the island fascia is back on you cant see them anyway ;)

managed to get a head unit, surround and fitting brackets, but came with no screws. Any idea where I can get them from, or do Ford do them?

Where did you get the surround from & do you know the part number also what fitting brackets did you need? and how much were they?

I've got the old type stereo as well & wouldn't mind upgrading.

Chris,

The ones in mine were standard philips screws. See if you can get some from B&Q or somewhere like that. Once the island fascia is back on you cant see them anyway ;)

Thanks. Thats what i was going to do. Ford have been totally unhelpful, My main issue is that I cant just drive through the holes in the brackets, as there are sqaure holes behind in the dash. i was hoping there would be plastic. I am going to have to find largish pan head self tappers, and make threads in the plastic brackets. Will post a photo of what I see when the fascia is off.

@Kingsblue... Got it all as a job lot off E-Bay, radio,brackets and fascia for £60... Part numbers are

fascia 1539347 @ £23.22

Brackets 1547964 x 2 @ £4.37 each

Good Website for info on this is http://www.jamessimpson.co.uk/focus-mk2-facelift-stereo-into-preface-lift

Just to say also thanks for all the advice I have had here.

Photos as mentioned. As you can see, there are holes in the dash, where I would need to screw into. I was hoping to use the standard ford screws as pictured, and may get away with it on the lower screw holes, if I drill a pilot hole.

@Alexlark. Out of interest what was behind the brackets in yours, or were the screws screwed directly though the brackets, with their own threads...

post-4199-0-33047400-1315166872_thumb.jp

post-4199-0-07624000-1315167173_thumb.jp

Well... got sick of waiting for a response from Ford, so I went out and got some 6mm diam self tappers, approx 1" long, and screwed directly though the brackets. Fitted perfectly, and it does look much better than the older unit.

Thanks for all the help and advice chaps.