Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec S Skirt Cap - Missing Help

PTATE12345

Hi All, I seem to have lost the Cap / cover from the passager side skirt from my Zetec S, does any one who where I can get a replacment or the part number if I have to get it from the dealers?

Your only hope is a scrapyard as Ford only sell it as part of the complete skirt - not on it's own.

They are available from Ford, pretty expensive for what they are tho.

Frt RH 1540326 @ £34.16

Frt LH 1540327 @ £34.16

Rear RH 1540328 @ £34.61

Rear LH 1540329 @ £34.64

Part numbers and prices.

Ha that's exactly what I have missing on my Zs too on the same side aswell!! :(

Mine fell off at weekend passenger side,either that or it was nicked cos u have to buy the full skirt in the region of £140 anyone got any ideas lol

:angry:

:o

Steal someone else's? ;)

could not live with myself lol so maybe there not falling off but getting nicked so this could go on forever lol :o

It's just so absurd that Ford refuse to sell them as a spare part :angry: They must have these made by the thousands to fit on new cars so probably cost buttons.

One of mine is loose & I would hate for it to fall off.

Hmmm, will have to check mine, but as I've screwed down the mud flaps at the bottom, the rear ones [behind the wheels] are fastened down, just the rear facing ones to worry about, the ones more likely with forward motion to be lost!

Got a reply from a scrapdealer ,wants £108 delivered for passenger side skirt wont sell end cap alone by the look of things he must know ford dont do them :(

• 3 weeks later...

Mine came of last week on the motorway, FordPartsUK gave me the same "only sold as a whole" garbage

It's not garbage - they're telling the truth! I can show you Fords part system which shows part number is only for skirt kit.

Nathan, I'm not sure he means "garbage" as in "lies", I think he means "garbage" as in its rubbish.

I spoke to a mate at Ford that confirmed this. Tis definitely rubbish.

It's not garbage - they're telling the truth! I can show you Fords part system which shows part number is only for skirt kit.

Now that's garbage allright ... :D Ford does sell the 2 removable pieces for where the jack goes under the car ... not only the whole skirt kit.

But Ford keeps refusing to sell the end-caps, according to them, for SECURITY reasons ... as if one needs to be an engineer to screw those things on the wheelarch ...

This will probaily be a big thing now if you can't just buy the plasic bit just to go on the end of the skirt you will be getting people going round nicking them and next thing eBay will be flooded with them. Ford is a rip of like

But Ford keeps refusing to sell the end-caps, according to them, for SECURITY reasons ... as if one needs to be an engineer to screw those things on the wheelarch ...

!? Security? Like they don't trust people to fit em? Why would they sell alternators, springs, various sensors and fuses etc etc etc.

Mental

Now that's garbage allright ... :D Ford does sell the 2 removable pieces for where the jack goes under the car ... not only the whole skirt kit.

Fine you got me there - the end cap only comes with the skirt excluding the 2 caps and the fixing part!

skirto.jpg

• Like 1

Both of my mates were robbed, at the end of the day if ford are been c**ts about it then everyone will just have to rob each others. Without one can cause some bad damage as they collect water and hang off

I wasn't denying that they weren't telling the truth, merely displaying my disappointment for Ford wanting me to pay for a new Skirt to repplace a cheap plastic cap which shouldn't be falling of in the first place

• 2 weeks later...

anyone been able to do anything about Missing Caps? I really don't want to go in to the Winter with a missing CAP - But the cheapest I have found is £120! for the full Kit.

• 3 months later...

after replacing them once all ready - I can out to the car this morning to find them missing again! Has any onehad any look with ford selling these yet?

Also a couple of questions - If I remove the skirts - what am I left with?

Has any one used these skirts - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FIESTA-CURRENT-MODEL-SIDE-SKIRTS-FULL-LENGTH-ZETEC-S-/230714843609?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35b7ad21d9