Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec S Skirt Cap - Missing Help

PTATE12345

after replacing them once all ready - I can out to the car this morning to find them missing again! Has any onehad any look with ford selling these yet?

Also a couple of questions - If I remove the skirts - what am I left with?

Has any one used these skirts - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FIESTA-CURRENT-MODEL-SIDE-SKIRTS-FULL-LENGTH-ZETEC-S-/230714843609?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35b7ad21d9

No still not able to get caps on there own from Ford.

Is it really worth £100+ and replacing the whole skirts just for the sake of the end caps?

I know its fustrating, I'm missing one too. :(

No still not able to get caps on there own from Ford.

Is it really worth £100+ and replacing the whole skirts just for the sake of the end caps?

I know its fustrating, I'm missing one too. :(

I remember the old 1997 BMW 318 used to have caps in the skirts and the guys used to remove them and fill the holes with isopon then smooth and spray,

is the same possible with the fiesta or do you need to remove the cap to fit the wheel jack or anything?

mmm after reading this i am going to go check mine on my new car and superglue the !Removed! out of them. Really dont wanna be loosing these.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys, We sell them for £35 for the pair delivered :rolleyes:

They are available in Grey (as per originals) or Black and are made from fibreglass but look exactly the same when fitted :)

Heres the link to where you can get them :-

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.311656672236661.68696.247344178667911&type=3

If your interested in buying some send us a message through facebook not on here :)

Cheers,

Kev.

Triple R Composites.

You can actually buy them from ford here are the part numbers

RH side - Finis 1771885 - £10.50 (inc VAT)

LH side - Finis 1771888 - £10.50 (inc VAT)

Cheapish to

Was going to say you can get them.

My main dealer has ordered them in before. Be aware they are just the cap. The little plastic push in screw that holds through the cap, arch liner to the body is extra.

Only extra 50p or so but it doesn't come with the caps.

Mine had fallen off (passenger side); thought it had been stolen so replaced myself. Came off again this time side skirt had come away from the wing.

Ford glued it back on and put a new end on for £40 (plastic trim only covered for 1 year). Been fine for a while, until yesterday I noticed it had gone again.

Next time its getting bonded with tigerseal or something like that to the arch liner etc so its less likely to come off.

• 2 months later...

Was going to say you can get them.

My main dealer has ordered them in before. Be aware they are just the cap. The little plastic push in screw that holds through the cap, arch liner to the body is extra.

Only extra 50p or so but it doesn't come with the caps.

Mine had fallen off (passenger side); thought it had been stolen so replaced myself. Came off again this time side skirt had come away from the wing.

Ford glued it back on and put a new end on for £40 (plastic trim only covered for 1 year). Been fine for a while, until yesterday I noticed it had gone again.

Next time its getting bonded with tigerseal or something like that to the arch liner etc so its less likely to come off.

Hi people

Sorry to raise an old thread but doesnt anyone know where I can get the plastic push rivet from or a part number. I have bought the trim from Ford but my local dealer couldnt give the plastic rivet part as by the looks of it from there system it had to be purchased as part of a full kit at a cost of about £22. Also there is 2 metal clip type things ive noticed on a picture above that goon the inside of the trim would i need these as well and if so where can i get them.

Any info grealty appreciated as im getting tired of driving on incomplete car around.

• 9 months later...

I agree I am missing my passenger side front side skirt cap and the rivets on both sides... do ford sell the end caps now and the rivets?

Ford call the skirt cap an 'Extension - Body Rocker Panel' and the passenger side one is part (Finis) number 1771888 and is about £11 (i believe they come primed only).

The Rivet fastener is Finis 4179287 and about 80p a pair.

post-28494-0-50387500-1389924258_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club