Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Focus Washers On Mk7 Fez.

D4nz0

before

IMAG1342.jpg

after (painted panther black (can hardly tell from pic)

IMAG1344.jpg

looks more noticeable here..... polish covered one on right is old one lol

IMAG1343.jpg

spray pattern before (please click image for video)

th_VIDEO0077.jpg

spray pattern after (please click image for video)

th_VIDEO0078.jpg

How my car is currently sat

gloss3.jpg

Everyone who ordered through me should have them by today.

cheers

Dannyboy

Picked up and installed mine yesterday - very impressed with coverage. Need need to wire them up now!

Picked up and installed mine yesterday - very impressed with coverage. Need need to wire them up now!

Me too mate. Thanks Danny!

Any ideas for wiring Nathan? :)

Any ideas for wiring Nathan? :)

Not yet, need to have a look at the weekend.

John, possibly, but not painted anymore.

I can't do them for any less than £6 posted. You can pick em up from your local Ford dealer for around £5.80 a pair.... might need pre-ordered though.

Got mine today - Cheers D4nzo!

As for wiring them up, supposedly on cars that have them as standard they're wired to come on whenever the ignition is on. Sounds a bit odd, but they're low power consumption and low temp so it's obviously not a problem. There must be something under the bonnet which comes on with the ignition that could provide a piggy-back connection for the washers.

My first thought (and it seems that of many people on t'interweb) is to wire them into either of the heated screens or possibly the heated front screen relay. Looking at the fuses and relays in the handbook, the heated screen relay is behind the glovebox, rather than in the engine fusebox, so that might require a little too much disassembly of the car to wire them in.

John, possibly, but not painted anymore.

I can't do them for any less than £6 posted. You can pick em up from your local Ford dealer for around £5.80 a pair.... might need pre-ordered though.

You got a part number for the glossy/heated pair? I will see if my local dealer can get them in. If not I will get back to you.

Thanks

John

btw your wheels looks awesome...what colour are they?

You got a part number for the glossy/heated pair?

Heated ones are 1708797 - don't come glossy though - they've been painted,

I've not got mine yet, hopefully get them tomorrow?

Can anyone give me a guide of how to fit pls? I haven't got a clue when it comes to things like this.

The coverage looks a lot better than the standard :)

They're pretty straightforward, open the bonnet, then remove the things holding the insulation in place, these are just pulled off with the help of something like a knife.

Once the insulation's off, you'll see the washer tube, pull the connectors off the jets. The jets can then be pushed out and the new ones pushed into place.

Reconnect the tubing and insulation and you're done!

I'm still uncertain as to how to wire them up though.

I used a screwdriver to get em out,couldn't get em with fingers.

After taking off underbonnet insulation stuff (well, i took off 2 clips per side, enough space to get in), I used the screwdriver to push the top of the jet as you look at it from bonnet, it moves a couple of mm, then pushed bottom with screwdriver and it pops out.

I'm not convinced at how effective the heated ones will be...... if water gets frozen all the way up the pipes, how does just the jet being heated solve the problem?

I suppose if your scree wash concentration is at the appropriate levels for winter, it shouldn't freeze whilst in the pipes? The jets ate probably more likely to freeze due to windchill.

I'd think the purpose of heated ones is to help remove snow/ice from the windscreen in the winter, and to allow it to dry out without getting frozen again.

The coverage does look alot better, but it doesn't seem as "misty" as I was thinking they'd be.

Mrc, the video doesn't make it look v misty, I think the camera isn't picking up the fine spray. It's definitely better in person.

Also, I have a heated windscreen, so I wouldn't need warm water to thaw it. But I can see the point about windchill freezing the nozzle.

I'd like to get mine connected.... but do the Fez that have them heated as standard have a button to activate the heat, or is it purely on ignition? So theyd even be heated in summer?

I don't think any fiesta has heated jets. So it'll probably be a bit if work to get them connected,