Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can You Make Lights Flash On Door Lock?

Dave71

This morning I found I'd left my car unlocked overnight, which was a bit alarming (sorry).

Anyway, it made me realise that on my Focus there is no visible sign when you lock the car; it doesn't flash its lights, and the only way you know if it has locked by is hearing the click of the doors. That's fine if you're next to the car, but it's not always easy to tell if it has locked if you're a short distance away or you're somewhere very noisy.

The lights flash when I unlock the car, but is it also possible to make the lights flash when I lock it too?

When you lock the car activate the deadlocks - this will make the indicator lights flash. Deadlocks mean that the car can't be openned from inside using the interior door handles.

To do this you just press the lock button the remote twice. Once locks the car - still be openned from inside, 2nd press activates the deadlocks and flashes indicators

You can test this by leaving the windows open and opening door. Good way to test alarm too.

Cheers, much appreciated.

My (very) old car just had a simple one-press lock/unlock, I've never owned a new fangled car with different locking modes.

No worries bud. He he - i could say RTFM!! LOL

Actually you should - you can read to see if the auto window closing/opening remote functions work etc as that can be useful 2.

Found out other stuff like changing powersteering to sports comfort etc which i never knew about.

Yep, I actually write manuals for a living (not car ones), so I've got absolutely no excuse on that score!

I need to read it to suss out the voice controls too; I'm sure there's a command to make a cup of tea.

Congratulations: You have passed the first test of manhood - never read instruction manuals.

I HAVE A MK1 FOCUS, USING THE KEY - TURN TO THE RIGHT FIRST THEN LEFT, INDICATORS WILL FLASH TO CONFIRM!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club