Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stop Start Doesn't Work Very Often

teejay28

Tried the above and did not work. Will have battery check completed also

Make sure its the rear fog you try,

if the battery light doesnt flash then theres a current issue with stop start. Suprissed if your dealer cant fix it, make sure the battery is tested with a stop start battery tester, normal tester wont show true state of battery

I have this stop/start problem with my 1.6 Ecoboost Focus. The main agents told me that the battery was not fully charged causing this problem. I charged the battery & now everything works correctly. Could the Alternator need to have a higher output to keep all the electrics working?

Hello Yes tried all still the same looks like Fords cannot find either will keep trying though

Thanks

If your dealer cant fix it then thats a poor dealer. As saying goes , its not rocket science , stop start not complicated.

You would think, they want the car for 5 days, asked for a quote and they will not supply so could be quick or thousands? Just cannot tell me. I will leave overnight on charge again and see though. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hiya sorry been away , tried all ofv the above looked at another dealer and back to square 1 as they want to run the diagnostic test again £96 although still have results, Not sure if I want all this pain now. Think may run car till 100,000 and no more Fords for me. Shame as new cars normally for me and family every 3 tears amounts to lot of cost. Fords really not caring when spoke to them.

• 2 weeks later...

Very recently I chopped in my 2011 1.6 Petrol Fiesta Tit for a 2011 1.6 Diesel Focus TitX, first registered on 10/12/2011. I have just discovered that it has the engine Start/Stop feature. This has not worked at all since I got the car, as the car had been in the Dealership for some time I think that the battery is not all it should be. ~ This was confirmed by the Sony Radio switching off when I was using it to tune it and sort the phone contacts well short of the hour it should go with the ignition off. A Ford tech said it will do this if the battery is low.

As it has been raining nearly all the time since I bought it I do not know if it has the correct battery [one cause of them not working] I did hire a car which had this facility but I really disliked it, yes, you could deactivate it but it would recycle on, when the engine was next started. In my opinion it would be better if it could be perrmantly enabled disabled in a menu. I am wondering it the previous owner who had it from new got a different battery as a way of permantly disablying it ! it seems a bit drastic but it could be. If it has the correct battery I am wondering if it will suddenly start working again.

should be an enhanced flooded battery, should say on the top of battery.think the diesel is 700amp

I Have just got the car and this feature has not worked at all. It was checked out at the dealer today. After a long check I was told that the battery was the problem. Aparently it was below 74% charged but it's health was alright, they offered to charge it overnight. I am not overly concerned as I do not like the feature, but I did want to know if everything was OK. As had been said before there are a lot of things that will make it not work. Aparently there is no way to permantly disable it.

it will never be much more than 80 charged, not meant to be,if over 80 charged then smart charging will discharge ,try resetting battery monitoring

• 4 years later...

Hi I'm having a problem with my stop start on my Ford focus titanium 1.0 petrol ecoboost some days it works straight other days not at all. does anybody have any ideas please thanks 

1 hour ago, Markalm said:

Hi I'm having a problem with my stop start on my Ford focus titanium 1.0 petrol ecoboost some days it works straight other days not at all. does anybody have any ideas please thanks 

Did you read the thread you replied to 5 years after it's last post? 😄

fd2c2cacd717b66fe123b864a3e7b0b8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

On 6/16/2015 at 9:56 PM, iantt said:

Ign on for 10 secs

press rear foglamp switch 5 times

press hazard switch 3 times

wait up to 10 secs while watching battery light

battery light flashes

ign off.

it may or may not fix your problem,worth a go though

think all your problems are related to the clutch position switch.

hill launch assist, cruise/ speed limit and stop start all require clutch position to work

I was going to post a link to a youtube video but iantt posted the details a few posts (and 5 years) ago! This seems to work well

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club