Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No Serial Number In Cd Panel!

kristoffer

Hello all, new guy here, please be gentle :unsure:

Just bought a 2nd hand Mondeo Zetec 2000 today and my request for help is in respect of the CD player, which is the 6000CD RDS EON. It is currently LOCKED. I know that a code can be generated via the serial number within the little front panel that clicks off and the serial number should be within a label beginning either M or L.

However...this panel has no serial number listed! Either a sticky label has fallen off and the previous owner didn't bother about it as he knew the code or alternatively, was truly evil and removed it prior to selling. I have no means of obtaining it through the guy at the local garage as he did not get it from the fella he bought it off.

Anyway, long and short of it is...Is there any way of getting hold of the serial number by another means so that I can put in a request to get an unlocking code?

Pulling my hair out here :blink:

Many thanks in advance to any kind soul who can assist.

Kris

the serial number will be on the body of the radio, this means you will have to remove the radio to get it,but if the radio displays locked it usually means that too many attempts have been made to enter the code and will require a visit to the dealer to unlock it.

the serial number will be on the body of the radio, this means you will have to remove the radio to get it,but if the radio displays locked it usually means that too many attempts have been made to enter the code and will require a visit to the dealer to unlock it.

Thanks for that. Forgive my ignorance, but does this mean removing the entire cd/radio or just the front panel where the 1-6 numbers are located? If just the panel, is there any other way at all to find the serial number other than the first option you mentioned?

Thanks again,

Kris

Thanks for that. Forgive my ignorance, but does this mean removing the entire cd/radio or just the front panel where the 1-6 numbers are located? If just the panel, is there any other way at all to find the serial number other than the first option you mentioned?

Thanks again,

Kris

hi you need to pull the radio out of the dash a few inches then you will see the m number, post the m number then 1 of us will generate your code, ;)

hi you need to pull the radio out of the dash a few inches then you will see the m number, post the m number then 1 of us will generate your code, ;)

Hi, thanks for the advice, tnp.

I have found this number on the cd player screen:

MVP DJ S (or 5) 4-04 04-03-00

When I held down 6 and 1 on the front panel.

Is this of any use? Just in case, before I start to take the player out of the dash board.

Thanks again,

Kris

Edited by kristoffer

Sorry to ask again, but does anyone know if that is the serial number at all?

no its not it will be on the body and begin with M

• 1 month later...

no its not it will be on the body and begin with M

At long last :D , I've been able to get the M number M107428 (please see pic attached):

Is there any possibility anyone could generate a code for me?

Many thanks in advance,

Kris

At long last :D , I've been able to get the M number M107428 (please see pic attached):

Is there any possibility anyone could generate a code for me?

Many thanks in advance,

Kris

Having the same problem... where did you find the number? Did you have to remove the stereo?

Having the same problem... where did you find the number? Did you have to remove the stereo?

YES YOU DO HAVE TO REMOVE THE RADIO to find the stcker on the radio body which has the serial number on it, but as said earlier IF THE RADIO SAY'S 'LOCKED' then it will need to go to a dealer to be unlocked before the code can be entered.

(be intresting if kristoffer comes back and says he's managed it, even though his radio says locked)

Thank you so much sir! Will give it a bash tomorrow, how do you key in the digit 8 though, if the panel runs from 1 to 6?

Thank you so much sir! Will give it a bash tomorrow, how do you key in the digit 8 though, if the panel runs from 1 to 6?

If your radio still say's LOCKED then your not even going to be able to do anything (or enter an code) as it IS locked.

If your radio still say's LOCKED then your not even going to be able to do anything (or enter an code) as it IS locked.

It's not actually locked at present. :mellow:

SUCCESS! It worked. Thank you very much, I really really appreciate your time and help.

:D