Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Detailing A New Car

renglish

Hi,

My new Fiesta in Frozen White should be delivered at some point next month.

Having passed up on adding diamondbrite to my order, I'm now looking at treating the paintwork myself to get the car looking it's best and help protect the paintwork.

I've read the detailing guide, but was wondering what stages/products would be recommended to use on a new car?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

You can buy the Diamond Bright two stage kit for around £5 on eBay. This is better on the paintwork than Supaguard in my opinion.

The latest car, I treated the paintwork with Permaseal and the wheels and interior with Supaguard and am very pleased with the results.

Our problem is the water around here is very hard and you always get water marks, so I use Poor Boys QW+ after every wash to keep the shine up. It doesn't help having a black car either. Wish I had gone for Frozen White now.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

You can buy the Diamond Bright two stage kit for around £5 on eBay. This is better on the paintwork than Supaguard in my opinion.

The latest car, I treated the paintwork with Permaseal and the wheels and interior with Supaguard and am very pleased with the results.

Our problem is the water around here is very hard and you always get water marks, so I use Poor Boys QW+ after every wash to keep the shine up. It doesn't help having a black car either. Wish I had gone for Frozen White now.

Turtle wax enduracoat Kit is the dogs Nuts Click Here £20 although i bought mine in Halfords Ireland cost me three times the e-bay price well worth it though,

ideal for a new car and for older cars just wash it with the supplied cleaner wax as normal with McGuires then 24 hours later wax again with the turtle wax from the kit for 12 Months shine and protection,

i cant recommend this kit enough, its very good and a free storage case that locks, to store all your waxing and detailing kit.

If you want to restore a deep shine to Black try this Click Here This link is for black cars only, the first link above is enduracoat and for all colour types.

• Like 1

If I was buying a new car right now - my first detail would be this...

Wheels cleaned with Bilberry alloy cleaner and bodywork/wheels decontaminated with Autosmart Tardis and Iron X.

Snow foamed with Valet Pro snow foam through a snow foam lance.

Car washed with Dodo Born to be Mild shampoo.

Car clayed with Dodo Born Slippy lube and Sonus green clay bars.

Car washed with Dodo Born to be Mild.

Wax base - Dodo Lime Prime Lite.

Wax 2 to 3 layers of the best hard wax you can afford it. Autoglym High Def is high up on my list and a bargain. I have Swissvax Best of Show so this would be my choice on a brand new car.

Top with Zaino Z8 Grand Finale.

Tyres dressed with Tyromania.

Maintained weekly with Born to be Mild shampoo and topping up the Z8, it'll look great for a long time.

I think all 'long term' paint sealants/treatments are a waste of time.

Total cost of above products (assuming you use AG HD and including a foam lance) - £150-£200 - but they'll last you a good while.

• Like 1