Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Focus Advised By Dealer To Cancel Order And Choose Differnt Engine.

stugga

A few weeks ago oi ordered a New focus titaium 2.0 tdci, this morning i have had a call from Ford autopark ipswich advising that there is unlikly to be a build date allocated to my car befor the end of November with no guarentee that it would even happen.

Given i have my heart set on a focus, would i be better replacing the order with a 150 ecoboost or a 1.6 tdci, whatever i choose i will now be able to order the titaium x version plus add ons, any assistance appreciated.

Stu

personally I wouldn't just take one dealers word for anything, why not give another dealer in your area a bell and ask them if you ordered a new focus titaium 2.0 tdci - when is the earliest they can deliver.

Next thing is do you wait for the car you want or buy something your going to be unhappy with and always think 'if only'. :(

Your problem is adealer may say they can get one just so you order then call you again to say sorry you can't have it once they have your order. 2.0 dsl will take ages. Why not cancell or wait. No point going for a Ecoboost you was buying a dsl for a reason I take it. And if you are looking at Ecoboost now why not hang on till new 180ps Eco is launched

totally agree, maybe smell a rat with the dealer. I agree i have to cancel the ecoboost as the fuel economy is way belowthe 47.9 combined quoted, probs more like 35.

The reason i ordered the 2.0 was to get the added grunt over the 1.6. I have previously had both in the old shape but the 1.6 only had 5 gears then.

does anyone know how much poke the 1.6 tdci actually has.

I may just wait.

I have 1.6TDCi done 1800 miles now. Fuel computer indicating a disappointing 45.2 mpg :(

how do you find it to drive m8, and especially when you want to put the foot down to overtake on bendy roads etc???

how do you find it to drive m8, and especially when you want to put the foot down to overtake on bendy roads etc???

Much, much slower than my 2.2 Civic (140BHP). Not best pleased with steering either - very 'numb' no feedback so quite easy to understeer. Also don't go for 18's as turning circle is crap. Brakes not as good either possibly due to drums on rear ?

just out of curiosity tomo..why did you swap your 2.2 civic for a 1.6 focus? those 2.2 civics are amazing..id get one if could afford one

Your problem is adealer may say they can get one just so you order then call you again to say sorry you can't have it once they have your order. 2.0 dsl will take ages. Why not cancell or wait. No point going for a Ecoboost you was buying a dsl for a reason I take it. And if you are looking at Ecoboost now why not hang on till new 180ps Eco is launched

I'm getting 45 out of mine average. Not the fastest on the road but I make progress. But your right the diesel will obviously better than that. However, having moved from a diesel its so smooth and refined.

Apologies I missed quoted I was trying to reply the earlier comments about 47.9 not being acheiveable .

Much, much slower than my 2.2 Civic (140BHP). Not best pleased with steering either - very 'numb' no feedback so quite easy to understeer. Also don't go for 18's as turning circle is crap. Brakes not as good either possibly due to drums on rear ?

Hi, but why are you comparing a 2.2l diesel engined civic with that of a 1.6, its not quite in the same ballpark is it? Also the 18" wheels aren't that bad, I found the turning circle just fine when I test drove a Focus with those wheels on it. Also the EPAS system takes a little getting used too, however, again from my experience, I found that coming from my Mondeo's PAS to that of the Focus, that there was good turn in and excellent feedback from the system, in fact as good as the Mondeo. I also doubt the rear drums have any bearing on the 'feel' of the brakes at all, as you are using the front discs for 70-75% of the braking power anyway.

Chris

just out of curiosity tomo..why did you swap your 2.2 civic for a 1.6 focus? those 2.2 civics are amazing..id get one if could afford one

Co. car came to end of lease - can't get diesel Civic at the moment as engine not Euro V compliant or something. Have to wait till 2012.

Hi, hence the reason you aren't happy then, I guess that if it had been your own, or first choice, then you would have a different car altogether.

Chris

Hi, hence the reason you aren't happy then, I guess that if it had been your own, or first choice, then you would have a different car altogether.

Chris

Where did I say I was unhappy ? Car just not living up to expectations in some areas - bit disappointing when its £23k's worth.

Also its increasingly difficult to get any dealer to give you an extended test drive when you mention company car, they just aren't interested. No demonstrators were available with 18's on and I'm sure for one the turning circle is much better without them as a steering rack limiter has to be fitted when they are chosen.

Personally I chose the car for tax (and fuel economy reasons) cause I'm sick of giving a large chunk of my wages to the taxman. Unfortunately the fuel economy at the moment is below that of my 2.2 Civic and way below what Ford advertise. I've tried driving the car like a Grandad and it makes little difference although I have had an award come up on the display saying I am and 'Advanced Eco Driver' - what at 45.0mpg FFS ? Hopefully it will get better as the engine loosens up and when my Stop/Start is fixed, but that's another matter.

Hi, £23k, crikey the company that supplied yours would have paid well under £17k, probably under £16k, I know because I can buy one for £16.6k retail. I also know about the the rack limiter, it adds about 0.5 of a metre to the turning cicle, making about 11.5m kerb to kerb, which is actually less than my current car. I've also picked up this info on the turning circle of a civic:

EP3 11.4m

2.2 EX, 1.8 Si 11.1m

1.4 VTEC 10.5m

1.4 VTEC SE 10.2m

FN2 11.2m

Depending upon the wheel size as smaller diameter = smaller turning cicle of course.

It is difficult I know to get a test drive, so why tell them the truth, I went to about four different dealerships to test drive a focus, then went and ordered one locally.

Chris

Unfortunately the downside of having a company car !!

We didn't pay £23k, we lease it on a monthly payment inc. all maintenance and consumables. However you need the full price of the vehicle to calculate your tax liability so although theoretically you could buy the car from an online broker for say £17k, the list price from Ford is £23k and this is the value the HMRC use. :(

Hi, bummer :(

Chris

Works out approx. £90 per month. :)

well my lease was goung to be

Vehicle Details Vehicle: FORD FOCUS 5D(N)11.5 2.0D TITANIUM P11d Value(including options)(£): 23135.00

Fuel Consumption(Combined Value): 51.30mpg Insurance Group: 19 CO2 Emission: 129g/km

Optional Services Maintenance & Repairs: YES Breakdown/Recovery: YES Road Fund Licence: YES Fuel: NO

Accident Management: NO Relief Vehicle: NO Insurance: NO

Replacement Vehicle Category: Similar vehicle Mechanical Relief: No Mechanical Relief Additional Relief: No Additional Relief

Options

Factory Fit:

City Pack

Metallic Paint

Driver Assistance Pk

18in Alloy Wheel

Appearance Pack -Ttm

£

Option

Rental/

Payment* P11d

Value(£) Driver

Paid?

5.13 275.00

0.00 495.00

13.98 750.00

7.46 400.00

9.79 525.00

Costs £

Total Rental/Payment: 356.94

(ex VAT)

Comments

Mileage Variation Adjustment (MVA)/Excess Mileage

Total MVA/Excess Mileage (ex VAT): 5.42 ppm

Hi, around the same I'm going to pay over four years for the ownership of mine, however I have to pay servicing and road fund licence on top..

Chris

totally agree, maybe smell a rat with the dealer. I agree i have to cancel the ecoboost as the fuel economy is way belowthe 47.9 combined quoted, probs more like 35.

The reason i ordered the 2.0 was to get the added grunt over the 1.6. I have previously had both in the old shape but the 1.6 only had 5 gears then.

does anyone know how much poke the 1.6 tdci actually has.

I may just wait.

Hi ive a 2010 1.6 TDCI you will get 165Kmph tops Maximum i had a 1.3 Toyota starlet non turbo and i could get 190kmph out of it both standard cars no K&N air box fitted or anything, im sorry didnt buy a 1.8TDCI instead but ive purchased now so best i can do is tell other people the power lol :lol:

Hi, if it can be done get the 1.6 remapped, you'll get an extra 30ps and around 45ftlb's out of it...

Chris

Hi, if it can be done get the 1.6 remapped, you'll get an extra 30ps and around 45ftlb's out of it...

Chris

Thanks Chris, Re-mapping unfortunitly isint very big over here in ireland yet, lots of cowboys doing it and piggy back tuning box's i would like to get a remap done like you guys in the uk can get,

with a warrenty and tunned on a rolling road, ill bring the car over their to be tuned if i have to :lol:

, i plan to get it done maybe in a couple of months,

Not enough Horse Power at the mommnet

moving.jpg