Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ok What Do I Do Know????

dee1

Soooo,,,had to call out the AA as my 03 Mondeo petrol wouldn`t start,it decided to when they arrived(sods law), was advised it was the crankshaft sensor. Replaced this and now it still won`t fire up? Could it be my fuel pump. Am totally new to mechanics so I don`t even know what this looks like or how to test if it is,,,Please,,Please help me..Damsel in distress

Soooo,,,had to call out the AA as my 03 Mondeo petrol wouldn`t start,it decided to when they arrived(sods law), was advised it was the crankshaft sensor. Replaced this and now it still won`t fire up? Could it be my fuel pump. Am totally new to mechanics so I don`t even know what this looks like or how to test if it is,,,Please,,Please help me..Damsel in distress

Usaully its better to look at the smaller things rather then the big. You could try looking to make sure its getting enough air into the manifold. You can buy easy-start from Halfords which you spray into the manifold whilst turning the car on. Other to that try looking at the spark plugs and make sure all the leads are on correct. Other to that...lol check your fuses. Sometimes a simple blown fuse can cause a sensor to not work. If you go under your dash, there should be a fuse box somewhere, if you take the box off it should list the fuses, check all the ones to do with ignition and sensors then make sure non is blown.

Last resort get a multimetere and check eletrics =)

hope this helps

Nat

Usaully its better to look at the smaller things rather then the big. You could try looking to make sure its getting enough air into the manifold. You can buy easy-start from halfords which you spray into the manifold whilst turning the car on. Other to that try looking at the spark plugs and make sure all the leads are on correct. Other to that...lol check your fuses. Sometimes a simple blown fuse can cause a sensor to not work. If you go under your dash, there should be a fuse box somewhere, if you take the box off it should list the fuses, check all the ones to do with ignition and sensors then make sure non is blown.

Last resort get a multimetere and check eletrics =)

hope this helps

Nat

OMG,,,Thankyou sooo much am gonna look in the morning,,,cant go anywhere soooooo gonna give it a try,,,will let you know the results,,,fingers x`ed...major hug to you :)

..xxDeexx

OMG,,,Thankyou sooo much am gonna look in the morning,,,cant go anywhere soooooo gonna give it a try,,,will let you know the results,,,fingers x`ed...major hug to you :)

..xxDeexx

lol ok hope this helps =)

lol ok hope this helps =)

BOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!! it did`nt work so it defo looks like its my fuel pump....I found where it is but do I have to take off the tank to replace the pump????

BOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!! it did`nt work so it defo looks like its my fuel pump....I found where it is but do I have to take off the tank to replace the pump????

Thats a shame =( if it is your fuel pump then you should take the whole pump off and refit a new one. it mite be an idea to get it to a local mechanic first tho to get it check over just in case, as sometimes it can be a heafty bill for a new fuel pump.

If u was local i would of come looked at it for u i got all the tools lol but let me know how it goes anyway

Goodluck

Awww thanx,,, really p###d off,,,do i have to drop the tank??? and where should I look for a new 1???Any ideas greatfully received,,, :unsure:

xxdeexx

Awww thanx,,, really p###d off,,,do i have to drop the tank??? and where should I look for a new 1???Any ideas greatfully received,,, :unsure:

xxdeexx

Yeh you will have to drop the tank, it wil be abit of a heafty job unfortunality =/ but you can pick up a new fuel pump from eBay or Halfords. I would recommend a garage to fit it but if you buy the fuel pump first then take it to a garage it will be cheaper then buying it from them. So your just pay for labour work =)

Goodluck n hope this helps

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club