Share Your Car Experience
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members

itsrelfy

Spare Wheel Retaining Bolt

Hi all

Im after bit of advice from those of you that have a mk7 fiesta with a spare wheel. I have an 09 reg and have just purchased a spare wheel and the jacking kit etc but it didnt come with the retaining bolt. so I bought one from fords that has a big black plastic piece at the topMy link but it didnt fit so i rang another ford dealer and asked for advice and they in turn have sold me a longer one with a small black plastic handle at the top My link but this is too long doesnt fit either. So can someone please tell me what am i doing wrong cause i am feeling abnormally thick and annoyed that this is beating me.

cheers

Adrian

Hi all

Im after bit of advice from those of you that have a mk7 fiesta with a spare wheel. I have an 09 reg and have just purchased a spare wheel and the jacking kit etc but it didnt come with the retaining bolt. so I bought one from fords that has a big black plastic piece at the topMy link but it didnt fit so i rang another ford dealer and asked for advice and they in turn have sold me a longer one with a small black plastic handle at the top My link but this is too long doesnt fit either. So can someone please tell me what am i doing wrong cause i am feeling abnormally thick and annoyed that this is beating me.

cheers

Adrian

Is it a 15 inch steel rim? If your answer is yes then you need this:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item35adc51066

By the way this bolt will retain the jack and is fine on the mark 7:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item35aa033d5a

Nothing worse than the jack bouncing around the boot.

I have ordered and used both these parts in my 2009 1.25 Style. Good luck.

Edit just to add:

The item I have listed is the same as the one you claim is too long. Screw the bolt and cap in as far as you can. You will then find that the plastic cap will push down the shaft of the bolt and it fits nicely into the centre of the wheel.

Hi guys,

I was wondering, could someone post what are the details for the retaining screw/bolt?? What's the thread? I got a spare wheel which is the same 16" alloy as fitted on the car and now I hope to make the retaining bolt myself.

Cheers