Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide To Converting Stock Climate Controls To Custom Set

Lenny

The difference they make is fantastic , i think these should also fit the New mk3 focus as well with out climate of course.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen theses, they look great! I presume they fit the mk2 aswell, look to be the same dial set up.

Is there anywhere you can still buy these from? All of the eBay links have ended and I cant seem to find them anywhere...

• Like 1

you guys sure like your red stuff lol im waiting for some white ones but they only seem to have red in stock :(

• Like 1

Will these fit the mk1 facelift version?

Please upload a picture of the controls and we can advise you or PM me and i will give you my emaill address and you can send me a picture of your dash via email,

then i will let you know,

Just found them selling for £11 from china Guys Click Here

free P+P aswell... sounds too good to be true?

have you ordered from these guys?

free P+P aswell... sounds too good to be true?

have you ordered from these guys?

Dont forget the Free Tea Bag too :D

No havent Purchased mate,

but he was listing them before and has sold 11 sets that i saw in his previoys listing, now on the second listing selling another 10 sets

and the feedback looks good too.

Dont know about the tea though :lol:

Hmmmm ordered!!!!

Cheers for the link - will let you goes know how the seller is - deliverly etc and what the dials are like. I mean for £12 you can't go wrong!!! Bargain!!

Ohh let you know what the tea is like as well :lol:

EDIT - Postal estimate is "Your item(s) should arrive between Jan 12 - Jan 20, 2012" not too bad considering its over xmas!! I Bet the come before the 9th Jan though!!

Hmmmm ordered!!!!

Cheers for the link - will let you goes know how the seller is - deliverly etc and what the dials are like. I mean for £12 you can't go wrong!!! Bargain!!

Ohh let you know what the tea is like as well :lol:

EDIT - Postal estimate is "Your item(s) should arrive between Jan 12 - Jan 20, 2012" not too bad considering its over xmas!! I Bet the come before the 9th Jan though!!

My guess is they will arrive around the 19th December mate,

not too sure of the tea though lol, maybe it makes the climate controls look better to the person who drinks it :blink:

My guess is they will arrive around the 19th December mate,

not too sure of the tea though lol, maybe it makes the climate controls look better to the person who drinks it :blink:

:lol:

Hmmm hope i don't need to drink it so they look as good as yours LOL.

Mods so far - mist jets and soon to be climate controls LOL (MOT this weekend fingers crossed!!)

Talking about climate stuff - Anyone ever use the recirculation button?? If so what for - never used this in any car i've owned - wondered if its better at demisting or something.... And why does the aircon come on when dial is at 12 o'clock and do people use aircon with the heating up on red and if so why?? Just curious!

Aircon is programmed to come on to help demist windscreen (something the 12 o'clock setting believes you want to do). The aircon system also has a dehumidifier which helps to do this regardless of the heater temperature settings.

hi all, ok so i have ordered the heater controls at last!!! (thanks to lenny :D). slightly concerned as i emailed the seller asking 'does this item have the black grip as shown in the picture??' and this is the reply i get 'Yes, my dear, as shown in the picture,is transparent. Thank you, have a great day.'

haha so is the seller saying that the grips are transparent hahah oh i duno but hey it is only £11.99 after all lol

fingers crossed.

• Like 1

The recirculating button opens & closes a vent that allows fresh air from outside to enter the cabin. When the switch is pressed, and the little light is on, the vent is closed and no outside air can get in - the air inside the cabin is recirculated.

You might want to to this when there are fumes or bad smells outside, say when driving in heavy city traffic or past a farmers field when he's just spread it with manure. Pressing the button means these bad smells won't enter the car.

But the downside is that with no fresh air coming in, the moisture in your breath gradually builds up and the windows steam up. Even with the blowers on full you're just moving that moist air around, so the windows never really clear.

Opening the recirculating vent by pressing the button again means fresh air comes in and your windows will clear a lot faster.

Re: the air conditioning - its for the same reason. Air con also acts like a dehumidifier, removing moisture from the air. This means the windows will clear faster, so when you put the right-hand dial to 12 o'clock (all air directed at the windows) the car is programmed to switch the air con on, to help you demist your windscreen.

• Like 1

Thought as much. No wonder never used the recirculation option LOL

@ Alkyz89 - LOL - oh well - sure they are black as its described like that - would of prefered the silver myself but only black listed. Got a tracking email already!!

Thought as much. No wonder never used the recirculation option LOL

@ Alkyz89 - LOL - oh well - sure they are black as its described like that - would of prefered the silver myself but only black listed. Got a tracking email already!!

Tracking number today then you will recieve by the 17th December mate,

takes 10 days china to Ireland so you should be less than that, and to think i bought mine for £45 :ph34r:

yea same i got my tracking number too... im not to fussed when they turn up now the fact ive got them ordered is enough lol

thanks again lenny.. you could always buy in bulk and sell on here make some money back lol

just looking for the ignition light now... and was thinking of fitting a light in the center arm rest compartment...

the list is endless haha

• Like 1

yea same i got my tracking number too... im not to fussed when they turn up now the fact ive got them ordered is enough lol

thanks again lenny.. you could always buy in bulk and sell on here make some money back lol

just looking for the ignition light now... and was thinking of fitting a light in the center arm rest compartment...

the list is endless haha

No problem, happy to be of assistance, B)

I've had my custom aluminium heater knobs for a few weeks now, and have decided to change back to the standard controls.

So I have a set of aluminium knobs for sale. They're in perfect condition, and I've only had them for around 4 weeks.

They are the exact same model as all the other knobs on this thread, so the front face is black plastic, with a silver aluminium ring around that. The knurled section that you grip with your fingers is black aluminium.

The rear plastic part is clear, so when you're lights are on they'll be the same colour as the rest of your dash controls (my Focus is a Mk2, so they were lit up green)

A bargain at just £20 £12 including P&P, drop me a message if you're interested.

enk8o.jpg

bg6amb.jpg

10z5tsj.jpg

30w849i.jpg

why the decision to change back to stock mate?

why the decision to change back to stock mate?

I find that the custom knobs stick out more than the standard controls, and the bottom & left part of the 'scale' is hidden by them.

Not too much of a problem for the left and middle knobs, but on the right one half of the 'positions' are hidden and I cannot see where the 'face' and 'feet' positions are. Maybe it's my height (6ft) but I find myself craning my neck down to see past the knob, and taking my eyes off the road...

This picture gives an idea what I mean - bear in mind that the camera was lower down than my usual eye level, so when I'm driving I find that more is obscured than you will see here.

10zmnvd.jpg

It's a shame because I think they look beautiful and are great quality, but unfortunately it's one of those things that bothers me.

I find that the custom knobs stick out more than the standard controls, and the bottom & left part of the 'scale' is hidden by them.

Not too much of a problem for the left and middle knobs, but on the right one half of the 'positions' are hidden and I cannot see where the 'face' and 'feet' positions are. Maybe it's my height (6ft) but I find myself craning my neck down to see past the knob, and taking my eyes off the road...

It's a shame because I think they look beautiful and are great quality, but unfortunately it's one of those things that bothers me.

I'm the same height as you mate and have the same trouble with viewing the third control at the bottom,

but I planned to become familiar with the configuration of the third control knob :lol: ,

I think it will be worth it in the end as they do look great.

Fair cop - surely you can see the light strip on the front of the dial though and know that feet is 6 o'clock etc???

Also bud - not sure if you seen the updated link but these are £12 new delivered so think you might struggle getting £20 for them.

• Like 1