Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide To Converting Stock Climate Controls To Custom Set

Lenny

Fair cop - surely you can see the light strip on the front of the dial though and know that feet is 6 o'clock etc???

Also bud - not sure if you seen the updated link but these are £12 new delivered so think you might struggle getting £20 for them.

I can see the light on the dial, and the dot that marks the position is very clear, but it's the symbols around the knob I can't see properly. There are 6 symbols on there and I can see 3 of them clearly, one of them I can just about half see, and two are completely hidden.

I'm awkward enough that I don't want to be guessing where to turn the knob to get what I want, or to have to calculate that if that symbol is there then the one next to it that I can't see must be X and then one next to that must be Y etc.

I'm also terrible at remembering things like that, I struggle to remember names at the best of times and even if I've been somewhere a dozen times I still need the sat nav to find it. Just the way my mind works (or doesn't work) I guess.

Price now dropped to £12 to reflect market forces...

• Like 1

LOL - Not sure i'll have that issues as my air flow is 99% of the time directed to the windscreen (12 oclock)

Noticed this last night after posting that these dials for £12 delivered are very slightly different - nothing major - just the indent on the front of the dial is different (according to the pic's anyway) - still made from al etc and apart from that detail they look and sound the same. Just thought i would mention that.

You should of made a hooha about you being able to post alot quicker and purchaser would receive dials before the ones from china and charge a extra quid for this ;) (although you might need to chuck in a few PGtips tea bags as well :lol: )

Yeah I thought about mentioning quicker postage as a selling point, but with the Christmas postal rush, plus me being away for a week visiting relatives, I didn't want to promise something that I couldn't deliver - it wouldn't be fair to the buyer.

Maybe I should chuck in some tinsel or a bad joke from a cracker...

Thanks for the suggestion though.

:) Picture of mine Fitted

Cheers Lenny for the Guide

20111129082337.jpg

• Like 1

WOW!!! These have arrived from China already!!!!

Thats 7 days from date I placed order!!

So for info - these are the same as in the first post - have the same indentation as them - NOT the worse looking smaller indent as shown on the eBay sellers pics - BONUS!!!

Will post up before and after shots if i remember!!

• Like 1

wooohoooo that confirms it!!! cheers baz... i got a letter in the post today 'sorry you wernt in' from royal mail....

i was thinking the only parcel I'm expecting that wont fit through the letter box is these custom knobs but thought it was far too early to receive them as it was estimated mid-January!! cant wait to pick them up now lol

• Like 1

Right decided to stick these in earlier - here is before and after pics (will add a night shot later)

IMG_20111218_122733.jpg

IMG_20111218_123223.jpg

• Like 1

Did the conversion myself a month back, it looks really smart and makes a big difference.

18112011022.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

think I'll get these, they look brilliant. Thanks Lenny for the guide!

The issue about not seeing the directional indications could be annoying but I'd try remember what is where.

More importantly, has anyone got the aluminum steering wheel inserts or whatever they are? My Lx doesn't have them and I'd love them but only if they were done right and I wouldn't be catching them or they were obviously raised.

cheers

• Like 1

think I'll get these, they look brilliant. Thanks Lenny for the guide!

The issue about not seeing the directional indications could be annoying but I'd try remember what is where.

More importantly, has anyone got the aluminum steering wheel inserts or whatever they are? My Lx doesn't have them and I'd love them but only if they were done right and I wouldn't be catching them or they were obviously raised.

cheers

You can have mine if you like, drop me a line

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Received mine today albeit from a different seller. Blimey the factory fit ones are tight on aren't they???

20120303_100546.jpg

20120303_100429.jpg

Looks great Paul .

They are a bit snug, i know it's recommended by some sellers to pull out with pliers but i got a better result by levering them out with a screwdriver lined up with the fat end of the grip.

Mine were very tight to get out and even covered in a rag i still managed to damage one slightly , but they won't be going back in so no loss there :)

I did the same on the first one i removed, ripped the rubber on the grip and got a nasty skin pinch in the progress hence the screwdriver idea.

They are worth the effort though ain't they. :)

Cheers Preee. Yeah they are well worth it Stoney, i'm well chuffed with them. Even 'er indoors likes them lol.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Lenny....

Do you know of anywhere else you can get the custom climate controls? i've had a look on eBay but it just keeps saying out of stock?!

Hi Lenny....

Do you know of anywhere else you can get the custom climate controls? i've had a look on ebay but it just keeps saying out of stock?!

Hi mate,

chinese engalish very bad, so eBay listing hard find due to not spell properly,

or have same term of speach as we do the only down side to their sales is their english isint very good,

so that leaves their eBay listings very difficult to search for and find, but here you go.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4cff097c48

and

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-FOCUS-Custom-Air-Con-A-C-Dash-Control-Knobs-Heater-Dials-3-BLACK-NEW-/320870166412?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ab55a2f8c&clk_rvr_id=328064251653&afsrc=1

This is who i got mine from and he also does the illuminated igntion rings too.

He's a top lad and posts very quickly.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-FOCUS-Custom-Air-Con-A-C-Dash-Control-Knobs-Heater-Dials-3-BLACK-NEW-/320870166412?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ab55a2f8c

• 1 month later...

Shame that no-one does these type of dials for the MK1 Focus. These won't fit the MK1 Focus as the MK1 has two smaller knobs and a larger one, rather than three the same size.

I am wondering if a set for a Suzuki SX4 will fit on our little Suzuki Alto

-T

Shame that no-one does these type of dials for the MK1 Focus. These won't fit the MK1 Focus as the MK1 has two smaller knobs and a larger one, rather than three the same size.

I am wondering if a set for a Suzuki SX4 will fit on our little Suzuki Alto

-T

Not sure if they will cross fit from other models mate,

but i have saw some custom knobs on the mk1 ill see if i can get some pictures or links for you.

• 1 month later...

16.jpg20.jpg

19.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

21.jpg

Image0849.jpg

Thanks For Looking!

Please Check my List of Guides Listed Below For More Information. cool.gif

Really liking these.... do you just simply push the new ones in by hand? also (may be a stupid question) but why use a pliers if you just "lightly pull", couldnt you do this with your hand? Thanks.

Really liking these.... do you just simply push the new ones in by hand? also (may be a stupid question) but why use a pliers if you just "lightly pull", couldnt you do this with your hand? Thanks.

If you use pliers you tend to rip the rubber on the original dials even if you use a cloth.

I used a wide blade screwdriver to lever the dials off (under the side where the grip is widest.)

All you are really doing is releasing the grip from the split metal spring band around the spindles.

If you use pliers you tend to rip the rubber on the original dials even if you use a cloth.

I used a wide blade screwdriver to lever the dials off (under the side where the grip is widest.)

All you are really doing is releasing the grip from the split metal spring band around the spindles.

Thanks I'll try it like that first... I'll just take it easy!