Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Parking Sensors - Problem

laurag84

Hi all

First time poster, be nice :)

I have a 2010 60 reg Fiesta Titanium, which came with parking sensors. I think it was supposed to be a mobility car but the dealer poached it for me first!

Anyway, I'm having an issue with my parking sensors. Intermittently when I put the car into reverse the sensors beep once (normal) and then beep rapidly as if I'm reversing towards something, except all there is is fresh air. I've noticed that the paint on one of the sensors is bubbled and I wondered whether this could be causing the problem?

Has anyone else had this issue? The car is going to the dealer on Tues for the condensor to be replaced after a stone flew up and broke it so I was going to mention it to them then.

Thanks

it does sound a problem with one of the sensors and could be the one with the bubbled paint.

you were saying that they beep once when selecting reverse, mine dont do that. only beep when i get close to an abject.

does sound like a sensor fault tho, let us know what the dealers say

Thanks guys. My Dad drives a Mondeo and had a similar problem, he said he carefully scratched off the bubbled paint with his nail and that solved it. I might give that a try, but also mention it to the dealer on Tuesday. Can't wait for my aircon to be sorted!

Motocrossmad my sensors have always beeped once when I engage reverse, I note your car is a 2011 Zetec S model, I wonder if that's something they've changed? I so wanted a Zetec S but couldn't afford it :(

Thanks guys. My Dad drives a Mondeo and had a similar problem, he said he carefully scratched off the bubbled paint with his nail and that solved it. I might give that a try, but also mention it to the dealer on Tuesday. Can't wait for my aircon to be sorted!

Motocrossmad my sensors have always beeped once when I engage reverse, I note your car is a 2011 Zetec S model, I wonder if that's something they've changed? I so wanted a Zetec S but couldn't afford it :(

to be honest i thought mine would have beeped once. every other car with sensors i have been in normaly beep once to signal reverse and that the sensors work. must be a new thing ford are doing i suppose. let us know what the dealers say about the sensors tho please

I have sensors on mine. It is an 11 plate and sensors beep once when selecting reverse. Had same on all previous cars with sensors.

I have sensors on mine and they don't beep when selecting reverse (11 plate Titanium)

were all these sensors a factory option or added later on? mine were part of a pack, so came like this from factory. 2012 spec ZS, seems weird people having different things happening

mine were added by the ford dealer

had toyota in past, mazda and all beeped when you go into reverse, i thought they were supposed to do that, otherwise you wouldnt know they were working, esp if they then didnt beep as you nearly reversed in to something as in, if they werent working....

I picked up my 11 plate Titanium on Friday but have been away all weekend and only just got to have a play with it. It has the city pack fitted and I noticed it doesn't beep when I put it into reverse. Also the beeping is very quiet,especially when the radio is on. In my previous car it used to do a single beep and then automatically cut the volume on the stereo. Is this not the case on the Fiesta and is there anyway of turning the volume up at all?

p.s. my sensors malfuntioned once on my previous car and it turned out to be a leaf stuck to one of the sensors.

thanks

I picked up my 11 plate Titanium on Friday but have been away all weekend and only just got to have a play with it. It has the city pack fitted and I noticed it doesn't beep when I put it into reverse. Also the beeping is very quiet,especially when the radio is on. In my previous car it used to do a single beep and then automatically cut the volume on the stereo. Is this not the case on the Fiesta and is there anyway of turning the volume up at all?

p.s. my sensors malfuntioned once on my previous car and it turned out to be a leaf stuck to one of the sensors.

thanks

unfortunetly there isnt a way of doing a music over-ride or increasing the volume. i have spoke to dealers after going through every menu in the system. mabye in a software update at some point it will be avalible

ford have a habit of hiding the sounder for the sensors,in one way its good because it makes a neat installment but it can muffle the volume,see if you can find the sounder and reposition it for a better volume.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, my car came back from the dealers with working sensors, yay! The culprit was indeed the bubbled paint, so it's all sorted now. As is my aircon, just in time for summer to end!

glad you got the problem sorted :)

you never know you may get 1 more day left to try out the air con a bit.

• 4 years later...

Hi I'm new to this forum, joined because of a reverse parking sensor problem on my 62 plate fiesta titanium, they bleeped erratically (especially when wet) when reversing even when totally clear behind, after checking wiring and plugs to no avail I followed another members advice and looked for bubbled paint on the sensors, it wasn't much and had to use a light to see it but once I scraped the blistered paint off the face of the sensor they work perfectly, Well Chuffed 😀😎😄

Mines a 2013 Ecoboost 100 and it beeps once when selecting reverse.

• 1 year later...

I have got Ford Fiesta 1.6 tdci titanium 2010 I bought this car but the rear parking sensors not working so checked fuses but they are ok .No bleeps or visual display took car to Ford turned out to be rear parking sensors module that had stopped working. Hope this may help others

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone, I have a Ford Fiesta eco boost 2015 and  my parking sensors usually work fine by beeping once when the car is put into reverse and then beeping more the closer I get to an object. Lately it’s been beeping once when going into reverse then beeping 4 times then more as I get closer to something. I just wanted to know why? If anyone could help I’d appreciate it 

• 1 year later...

Hi I have just took ownership of a 67 plate ford titanium and was just wondering about my reverse parking sensors as I thought I should get a display on my dashboard, but only get a quite beeping sound, can anyone help please thanks 

12 hours ago, Rosetta said:

Hi I have just took ownership of a 67 plate ford titanium and was just wondering about my reverse parking sensors as I thought I should get a display on my dashboard, but only get a quite beeping sound, can anyone help please thanks 

Are they factory / Ford fitted sensors or are the sensors after market ones that have been fitted? That could explain the lack of anything showing on the display.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mavroz said:

Are they factory / Ford fitted sensors or are the sensors after market ones that have been fitted? That could explain the lack of anything showing on the display.

That's a point. I believe they are now standard on a Titanium but were certainly on the factory options list when the Mk 8 was first launched, so could well be aftermarket.

On 9/17/2016 at 9:24 AM, Bobr said:

Mines a 2013 Ecoboost 100 and it beeps once when selecting reverse.

I now have a 2017 Ecoboost 100 titanium auto and it doesn't beep when going into reverse.   I think, though, that this is because you have to go through reverse from park to get into drive so it would be beeping rather a lot even when you didn't intend to reverse.

Not sure I’m going to take into ford to have a look but thanks 

14 hours ago, Rosetta said:

Not sure I’m going to take into ford to have a look but thanks 

If you could post up some pictures of the sensors we might be able to identify it they were aftermarket or not. Aftermarket may not be as well colour matched as factory fit and could be in slightly different positions.

• 5 months later...

Hi I have a 2009 diesel fiesta and can any one tell me we're the reverseing sensors buzzer is located please