Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Number Plate Bulbs

kirst88

Even better :P

Indeed...got mine from that seller and I am pleased with the transaction.

ive got LED Bulbs aswell, i got multi directional ones tho, someone was saying on one of the forums that the single direction bulbs miss part of the plate because of the angle they are fitted at... dont know how much of that was true, but my multi directional ones work a treat :)

ive got led bulbs aswell, i got multi directional ones tho, someone was saying on one of the forums that the single direction bulbs miss part of the plate because of the angle they are fitted at... dont know how much of that was true, but my multi directional ones work a treat :)

Me also mate :rolleyes:

ive got led bulbs aswell, i got multi directional ones tho, someone was saying on one of the forums that the single direction bulbs miss part of the plate because of the angle they are fitted at... dont know how much of that was true, but my multi directional ones work a treat :)

You mean like these ones?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2pcs-501-W5W-25-SMD-LED-Xenon-White-Dash-Wedge-Bulbs-/190570426269?_trksid=p4340.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DDLSL%252BSIC%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BIEW%252BFICS%252BUFI%252BDDSIC%26otn%3D8%26pmod%3D190569453241%252B190569453241%26po%3D%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D2490478783333738751

Kirst, multidirectional without a doubt.

Leds are very very directional... ur number plate bulbs actually point to the right, and a normal bulb will shine in every direction, an led points in the direction its facing... i put a directional one in first to see how it looked at night, the plate was hardly visible.

Changed to multidirectional and looks great.

Dannyboy

Kirst, multidirectional without a doubt.

Leds are very very directional... ur number plate bulbs actually point to the right, and a normal bulb will shine in every direction, an led points in the direction its facing... i put a directional one in first to see how it looked at night, the plate was hardly visible.

Changed to multidirectional and looks great.

Dannyboy

Thanks Danny, any idea where I can get some? Thanks

I have just two LEDs in my look great but like the idea of the multidirections ones just can't seem to find ones for my 53 plate

they wont work if their not can bus compatable which they dont look like they are.

These ones are sure to work and be bright enough Click Here

I have just two LEDs in my look great but like the idea of the multidirections ones just can't seem to find ones for my 53 plate

Hi,

the bulbs you require are Can Bus Bulb T10 501 W5W LED Bulbs, thats the fitment type as they may not be listed specificly for your car make or year,

thats the type you should search for, their are a range of SMD options after that,

SMD= Led Bulb the more SMD the more lights on the chip 5 should be plenty,B)

Kirst, the ones Tato posted look as good as any.... these ones will fit and do the job perfectly.

As a side note, probably 25 LED is to much for the number plate. I would recommend 6-8 LED, which will be enough.

Hi,

the bulbs you require are Can Bus Bulb T10 501 W5W LED bulbs, thats the fitment type as they may not be listed specificly for your car make or year,

thats the type you should search for, their are a range of SMD options after that,

SMD= Led Bulb the more SMD the more lights on the chip 5 should be plenty,B)

These are the only Smd LEDs I can find but I don't think there multidirectional, but there what bulbs fit my number ate lights

Why can't we have number plate lights like the BMW ones! I ended up drilling holes in my number plate light holders and slipping a bigger 501 LED in making it a much much brighter light

Why can't we have number plate lights like the BMW ones! I ended up drilling holes in my number plate light holders and slipping a bigger 501 LED in making it a much much brighter light

Why do you need so much light for the number place? How many LED you have now?

Anyone got some tips on replacing the bulbs? I cant seem to get the holders out :(

theres a link with pics somewhere bud.

basically you need a thin allen key or a glasses screwdriver.

when looking directly at bottom of light holders there is a wee slot. put the allen key up there and push lightly towards the light fitting. there is a wee metal tab that needs pushed in, then the holder will drop out. dont force the tab in as it will break. just a small amount of force will do.

theres a link with pics somewhere bud.

basically you need a thin allen key or a glasses screwdriver.

when looking directly at bottom of light holders there is a wee slot. put the allen key up there and push lightly towards the light fitting. there is a wee metal tab that needs pushed in, then the holder will drop out. dont force the tab in as it will break. just a small amount of force will do.

Couldnt stress enough about only using small force! I used brute force and ended up damaging my holder and it doesnt sit in right now. :rolleyes:

Couldnt stress enough about only using small force! I used brute force and ended up damaging my holder and it doesnt sit in right now. :rolleyes:

ONETrueSaturday is perfectly right. I sort of did the same thing but I was lucky and only scratched a bit the paint.

Patience is the key ;)

ONETrueSaturday is perfectly right. I sort of did the same thing but I was lucky and only scratched a bit the paint.

Patience is the key ;)

I got excited :angry: and mangled the metal strip of mine up,

in the end i had to remove the boot handle to get them out as the metal strip got pushed away from the bulb unit instead of towards it,

bought a replacment set off e-Bay.:)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club