Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Induction Kits

Kingmunky

Has anyone fitted an induction kit on a Zetec-S that has made noticeable differences in power?

I've been looking around eBay and other places but there isn't a lot on offer from what I can see. I'm always a bit dubious about the claims on adverts. Had K&N kits in my first car and never buyin them again, but in my last car I was able to get an induction hose that made a real difference. It was redeirected to the bottom of the engine bay, behind the wheel arch and increased the repsonsiveness, made a decent sound and was fairly cheap (£80 iirc). Is there anything out there for the fiesta at the moment?

he j1 kit is ment to be the best around just now, its next on my list of parts to buy.

you wont seel any real gains untill you add an exhaust system and get it mapped tho

• 2 weeks later...

J1 kit bought and fitted! :D

Sounds mint and you can feel a marginal difference in response (might just be the noise making me think that though). No difference on mpg after doing 3 full tanks worth of miles and that's with me puttin the foot down a bit more than usual! I'm well chuffed with it, would recommend to anyone.

• Like 1

the big one with induction kits is the air feed... if you get that sorted your likely to see some gains, the J1 kit is the best from the box kit around, but to improve it a lil more you could probably add ducting coming from the bottom of the engine bay, and i not sure if it comes with a hose, or if its any good but i know sparco do one for the fez so maye have a look into that

J1 kit bought and fitted! :D

Sounds mint and you can feel a marginal difference in response (might just be the noise making me think that though). No difference on mpg after doing 3 full tanks worth of miles and that's with me puttin the foot down a bit more than usual! I'm well chuffed with it, would recommend to anyone.

How easy was it to fit? I'm wanting to buy the J1 but have zero experience with fitting parts.

Aye that's not a bad idea Nico, could try running the ducting towards the lower grille on the bumper. I'm pretty happy with how its working now though, see how long I last lol.

for my 2p's worth;

i quite like the pipercross; similarly to the J1 this also has been custom made for the fiesta mk7, the J1 is a beautiful application, and works well.

however its very obvious and 'in your face' some people love that and i dont doubt the j1 for a minute in terms of performance.

Personally i like the stealthy pipercross, this looks from the engine bay identical, as you keep the cover, however from the air filter cover downwards the system is replaced to give that strong induction roar, that you are undoubtly looking for, the bhp gains are proven as its a similar set up to the mountune kit,plus there is no chance of heat soak (as it uses the standard set up)- no exposed air filter e.g K&N cone.

plus its half the price of the J1 for very similar performance gains, however in all honesty hp gains can only be noticed and appreciated to thier full extent when replacing parts with performance exhausts, manifolds and remapping.

however users have claimed good mpg from both kits and deep induction roars.

two main options to tailor personal preference.

How easy was it to fit? I'm wanting to buy the J1 but have zero experience with fitting parts.

the J1 is not hard to fit, simply remove existing and replace with the new, it seems to have been designed to be user friendly as possible.

the alternative pipercross uses the existing mounts, and also incorparates a cold air feed, no need for the extra pipes and additional cold air feeds previously mentioned.

I dont want to seem arguementative or bias, just like to mix things up a bit :) i love a bit of automotive banter.

Solaris,

I was a bit dubious about them saying 5 mins fitting time but it really is easy. The only fiddly thing for me was securing the MAF sensor into the new intake as my torx driver isn't a proper screwdriver (one of these tools with 8 or so bits on hinges) so getting one of the screws fully tightened was a bugger. Apart from that it is a shoe-in.

Link to the instructions below:

http://www.j1automotiveshop.co.uk/pub/files/Product%20Documents/1284901071_20141_Installation%20Instructions.pdf

Anyone put an induction kit on the tdci model? Can you put one on?

• 3 months later...

When you have one of these fitted and you get the car on the motorway do you get any extra roar in the cabin. I ask because i would love to get one as i love the sound, not really interested in performance gains but i do like the roar. But i wonder if it would become tiresom on motorways. Ive never done anything like this before so any info would be appreciated.

Cheers

Adrian

When you have one of these fitted and you get the car on the motorway do you get any extra roar in the cabin. I ask because i would love to get one as i love the sound, not really interested in performance gains but i do like the roar. But i wonder if it would become tiresom on motorways. Ive never done anything like this before so any info would be appreciated.

Cheers

Adrian

It only roars when you're put the foot down, when you hit your cruising speed and stay there it aint noisy. Go on, get it......... B)

• 1 year later...

I am seriously considering this kit.

Only thing is i have just read (i have a 2012 1.4 diesel) that it is not suitable for cars with a DPF.

I cant see this realy being an issue though.

Is the MAF sensor a simple unplug and plug back in job

With my 1.0 125ps Ecoboost I've bought a K&N panel filter and cut out the airbox to root a ram air intake, proper decent sound! Also a stealth modification for those looking to maintain OEM looks...

• Like 1

With my 1.0 125ps Ecoboost I've bought a K&N panel filter and cut out the airbox to root a ram air intake, proper decent sound! Also a stealth modification for those looking to maintain OEM looks...

Do you have any pics of the ram intake?

I am seriously considering this kit.

Only thing is i have just read (i have a 2012 1.4 diesel) that it is not suitable for cars with a DPF.

I cant see this realy being an issue though.

Is the MAF sensor a simple unplug and plug back in job

Just have the DPF removed phisically and have a stainless steel exhaust fitted, have the DPF electronically deleted and the ECU remapped - there are companies that do this as a whole package

The airbox is "tuned" to match the engine, and often boosts bottom end and mid range torque - important on a diesel (i tried just about everything, and found a de-ribbed, gas flowed stock airbox worked best)

You may be better off just fitting a pipercross panel filter

You should do a guide for this mod (if you have not already)

• Like 1

No pics I'm afraid and I'm not gonna dismantle the car now to take any I'll see what I can capture when I get the car up on ramps in a week or so.

• 9 months later...

ive fitted a BMC panel filter to my 1.4 TDCI and made not much difference really. but does make the engine sound alot smoother. and hasnt effected my MPG

• 3 years later...

Looking for an induction kit for my 2015 fiesta zetec s tdci, any recommendations?

You guys crease me, you don't need power, you just need the balls to exceed the speed limit. If I do over 60mph in a 30mph you're dust in my mirror.

What is it with you folks? You wanna sound like a dragster yet don't have the balls to do the speed?

Laughable. My 1ltr 125 will burn off most things, simply because you don't have the balls to jitter above 30mph.

I get bmw's and marcaydees lost in dust, basically because they cant be bothered (have the nouse/guts) to look for speed cams.

Induction kits my bottom.

7 hours ago, winemart2 said:

You guys crease me, you don't need power, you just need the balls to exceed the speed limit. If I do over 60mph in a 30mph you're dust in my mirror.

What is it with you folks? You wanna sound like a dragster yet don't have the balls to do the speed?

Laughable. My 1ltr 125 will burn off most things, simply because you don't have the balls to jitter above 30mph.

I get bmw's and marcaydees lost in dust, basically because they cant be bothered (have the nouse/guts) to look for speed cams.

Can't tell if you're trolling or if you are genuinely being serious...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, winemart2 said:

It's not about balls. I choose not to exceed the speed limit, in the same way I choose not to steal or murder people.

I don't quite understand your need to constantly big up yourself, for your apparent lack of consideration.

If you have nothing constructive to add to a thread, then don't post anything.

If you continue to troll, you'll find yourself banned from this forum.

Your little 125 will burn off most things because they aren't trying to race you, they have the restraint not to put people's lives in danger. If I saw you driving at double the speed limit in a 30 I would be the little spec in your mirror reporting you!

I'd like to think you are just trolling, and bigging yourself up like a lot of the keyboard warriors.

I'd rather hear a bean can exhaust and loud BOV trundling past than see people like you go past in a blur.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club