Sign in to follow this  
Ricksta77

Switching Off Auto Air Con

Please could someone help? As soon as I start my car up (Festa Eedge 2012) the Air Con automtically fires up? I was wondering if it was possible to stop this coming on by itself (im assuming its to do with the current temp) In the book it does state to hold the "auto" button on the fan dial. Unfortunatly, I do not have this button, But surely I shouldn't have to turn my air con off everytime I gt in the car? Sometimes I like to just open a window lol.

Thanks again for putting up with my daftness. :P

Please could someone help? As soon as I start my car up (Festa Eedge 2012) the Air Con automtically fires up? I was wondering if it was possible to stop this coming on by itself (im assuming its to do with the current temp) In the book it does state to hold the "auto" button on the fan dial. Unfortunatly, I do not have this button, But surely I shouldn't have to turn my air con off everytime I gt in the car? Sometimes I like to just open a window lol.

Thanks again for putting up with my daftness. :P

I believe, if you have your blower set to windscreen AC always stays on, I think. :rolleyes:

I currently have an Edge as a temporary car whilst my Zetec S is being built, and when you put the blower onto the windscreen the air con comes on automatically to clear the wind screen quicker.

You can stop the A/C comming on and still have it blow on the front windscreen. To do this move the dial 1 click away from the windscreen icon. You will still have it blow on the windscreen, but the A/C wont come on :)

You can stop the A/C comming on and still have it blow on the front windscreen. To do this move the dial 1 click away from the windscreen icon. You will still have it blow on the windscreen, but the A/C wont come on :)

Thats what I do with mine, I dont always want aircon on as it uses more fuel!

Thanks for all your replies, very helpfil indeed. Tried the suggestions out today and work a treat :)

Mine still comes on no matter where the dial is set. Am I doing something wrong?