Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reversing Lights Not Working

oilcan

bulbs ok,but feed wire is dead.Tested connector on gearbox switch no power either wire.tested fuse (no.80) behind glove box,ok====but when I tried my test light on the fusebox connectors that the fuse connects with they were also dead.Ignition is switched on and in reverse gear.I need help!!!!!!

relay ?

Thanks for reply,never thought about a relay.Have you any idea where the relay is?Thanks

Thanks for reply,never thought about a relay.Have you any idea where the relay is?Thanks

Should be in the engine compartment Fuse Box, lift the bonnet, small rectangular box close to the battery,

also under the lid should display a diagram of each relay and its purpose :)

• Like 1

Thanks to all for info on reversing lights,but today I think my turbo is on its way out,so reversing lights on hold Thanks Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Its the reverse light switch im the gearbox. Part is 17 quid from ford, they are a weak part and do go. I had mine replaced last week xx

• 2 months later...

I changed the reverse light switch a while back, couldn't find an how to anywhere so put something together. Hope it helps anyone who's looking at changing the part.

Reverse light switch video

Stu

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

I had same problem. But after fitting new switch the lights still dont come on. Need to check relay maybe

22 hours ago, dancki said:

I had same problem. But after fitting new switch the lights still dont come on. Need to check relay maybe

Mysterious relay. I tried to find this but not described on the fuse box lid. Also not listed in manual. When checked visually all my relays seem to have good coils. Difficult one

AFAIK there is no relay for the reversing lights, as the load is very low.

• Like 1

I have same problem. The car is in FORD's garage and the guys are investigating it. As soon as I have answer will post it here as may be helpful. If I will have no joy will need to tap somewhere to 12v, utilize the reversing light switch, pull some cables and glue on some 12v led's

• 1 year later...

Any body got to the end of this problem with revcing light not working on mondeo mk4 

Handy tip, create a new thread rather than necro bump some old ones. 😉

How about you start by telling us what you have checked? I happen to have just about every wiring diagram for the car due to my own electrical problems so perhaps we can work it what's what.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/6/2018 at 6:26 AM, Dee_82 said:

Handy tip, create a new thread rather than necro bump some old ones. 😉

How about you start by telling us what you have checked? I happen to have just about every wiring diagram for the car due to my own electrical problems so perhaps we can work it what's what.

Hi I have checked the blub no power at the plugs in the hatch plus has a code of c1120 of a diagnostic machine 

Any help would be appreciated 

Ok, thats a generic code which doesn't give us all the detail we need.

If you have no power the rear lights then we need to trace back what is going on. so I assume you had it in reverse with the ignition on (engine off) when you checked for power.

So lets check the fuse in the CJB. it should be F11. If that has power then check that the grounds to the reverse lights have very little resistance to a known good ground point. if you have power at the fuse but no power to the rear and the ground is good then we are probably looking at a broken wire

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi lads

My reverse lights are not working I've tried the bulbs the fuse and the switch on the gearbox still no joy any help appreciated.

• 1 year later...
On 1/31/2020 at 7:49 PM, Martin Gallagher said:

Hi lads

My reverse lights are not working I've tried the bulbs the fuse and the switch on the gearbox still no joy any help appreciated.

Did you found out the problem for reverse lights as mine are not working and changed bulbs fuse and switch 

• 2 years later...

Hi all, I've got the opposite problem,my reverse lights won't go off.. Also,the headlights are flickering on and off.. when the engine is running, the headlights are on without being turned on.. but if I put it in reverse, the headlights Go off 

Hi,  dunno if you've asked this before or elsewhere, but I've seen a post recently that says it's due to the BCM getting water in it from a leaking washer pump! There is a YouTube video somewhere, I'll try to find it and post the link here. 

1 hour ago, nicam49 said:

but I've seen a post recently that says it's due to the BCM getting water in it from a leaking washer pump

You're responding to the same post I answered last Friday and you replied to on Saturday 🤣

"Would never had believed it!

Might be worth taking out the BCM circuit board and see if it's possible to dry and clean it up."

just look at the OP's first post. He's posted the same question twice.

• Like 1