Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Metal Power Difference

kahulakarma

I currently drive a Fiesta 1.6 Titanium and I am waiting for my new Fiesta Metal to be delivered at the end of September.

I was wondering if the difference in the power and handling will be noticable?

Has anyone on here driven the Metal yet?

According to top gear, it's 1.7 secs quicker to 60mph than the standard Zetec S/Titanium, you'll be sitting fractionally closer to the road also, which will make things feel a bit quicker. The difference in Standard/Zetec S suspension is quite noticeable, though it can get uncomfortable over broken country lanes, and speed bumps.

You should enjoy the change :)

Isn't it just a 1.6 mountuned 135 and zetec s springs? Also with chin spoiler and different interior?

Obviously gloss black alloys and the rest of the small details. And are they making them in white too I hear?

Saw one when I was in the Ford garage earlier in the week. I'd definitely still fit eibachs onto it coz it doesn't sit any lower than the zetec s. (which might not be bad when you're used to the titanium)

I'll shut up now.

Isn't it just a 1.6 mountuned 135 and zetec s springs? Also with chin spoiler and different interior?

Obviously gloss black alloys and the rest of the small details. And are they making them in white too I hear?

Saw one when I was in the Ford garage earlier in the week. I'd definitely still fit eibachs onto it coz it doesn't sit any lower than the zetec s. (which might not be bad when you're used to the titanium)

I'll shut up now.

That's usefull, one of the reasons I ordered it was for a firmer more positive ride. I don't want to modify it too much because of the insurance, but I was thinking of getting a cone filter on it to change the engine note and maybe squeeze another couple of bhp out of it.

The Fiesta Metal is down 6ps on a Mountune MP140 Fiesta. The metal only has 134ps. Not sure what's different, tailpipe looks similar. Maybe the manifold or air induction is different? Unless the metal has all the hardware of the MP140 but has a more conservative map?

Anyway, looking forwards to seeing pics of your Metal. I know what I'd do if I was getting one.

Replace sports grill, spray all plastics, coilovers. Mountune MR155 and J1 induction would be the next step after lots of saving...