Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Want A 2.o Tdci Focus Forget It, Don't Order It

stugga

I am now the proud owner of a All New Ford Focus Titanium X 2.0 litre Diesel Auto Powershift in Candy Red

Hi, pictures please and how is the new car?

Chris

I tried to post a pic but it said it was too big. I will have to sort it out. The car itself is great, I have only driven it from the dealers but it was lovely to drive, engine is so quiet. I am going to give it a long run on Sunday so I will let you know after then.

post-26783-0-74305500-1319657380_thumb.j

Hi, pictures please and how is the new car?

Chris

Think I managed to attach a pic

I tried to post a pic but it said it was too big. I will have to sort it out. The car itself is great, I have only driven it from the dealers but it was lovely to drive, engine is so quiet. I am going to give it a long run on Sunday so I will let you know after then.

Hi, yup you have posted a pic, looking good :D

Chris

I feel looking back now , maybe the dealer had me with mine and allocated to a paying customer at the dealership instead of to my lease company.

I was looking forward to the focus but am very happy with the astra also.

I eventually got a demo 2.0 tdci last week and it was great to drive and i loved it but i also loved the demo astra and it has loads more extras and is cheaper for tax. so hey ho never mind it wasn't to be.

maybe the wife might get a focus next year

Hi, oh well we all make mistakes ;) , and, hopefully, learn by them. In a recent Auto-Express hatchback 'shoot-out' the Astra was 12th, the Focus 3rd, behind the Golf, with the new BMW 1 series taking 1st. But then the BMW is a estate, as far as I'm concerned, and is more expensive with less equipment than the Focus...

Chris

I find it baffling how the new 1 series can come top, the focus is a better all round car, yest the bmw has more power and rwd but my god the ride is sill hard. don't get me wrong its a beauty to fling round corner just not for passengers.

yes the astra i am getting is dearer but apart from the steering there really isn't as much in it as many would like to think.

in the end i would have loved the focus titainium but the astra elite isn't as bad an alternative and importantly doesn't deserve 12th in the hatchback league.

the wifes cars up next year and a focus is deffo on the list then.

not too mention the golf, have u ever sat in the back seats, my god they are bad. allways suprises me why the golf wins everytime, its tosh

Hi, how anyone could want to buy two cars that quite clearly have their styling origins back in the 80's, dare I say it, even the astra looks fresh standing next to either the BMW or the Golf. Then take how bland and dull the interiors are compared to many cars.

Chris

hi

to all you new owners, what are your opinions on the build quality of your new focus.

also when you went to pick up your new car were there any issues that you spotted whilst checking the car over that should have been picked up on the pdi.

one last thing, has the sound insulation improved. on my present focus a 2.0 diesel titanium powershift, the tyre noise is the only thing that lets it down.

thanks

soon to be new focus owner

Hi, my pdi missed the none functioning passenger door sensor not working but this was fixed under the warrenty. I don't think the tyre noise is that bad, comparing it with my Mk4 Mondeo, also with 18" wheels, it is better supressed. I think the 'problem' is that any other noise is so well supressed the tyre's appear to stand out out more. I have no problems with the build quality overall the car is well put together and we're not having the same issues that those across the pond are having. US cars are built in in the states, unlike ours that are built in Germany.

Chris

hi

to all you new owners, what are your opinions on the build quality of your new focus.

also when you went to pick up your new car were there any issues that you spotted whilst checking the car over that should have been picked up on the pdi.

one last thing, has the sound insulation improved. on my present focus a 2.0 diesel titanium powershift, the tyre noise is the only thing that lets it down.

thanks

soon to be new focus owner

Total class my new Titanium is ! Quality is great and my brother has a new Audi A3 Black Edition and he even says the new focus is better than his Audi !!!

hooray

car arrived at dealers today

2.0 diesel titanium powershift, frozen white, app and con pack

should be able to pick it up next friday

approx 20 weeks after ordering

Hi, good job, makes the heading for this posting redundant...

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

hi everyone

picked up my new focus yesterday (saturday 12th)

feels and drives great, spent most of the afternoon programming everything in before going for a run in it.

fantastic.

last word, sorry in a way to say goodbye to my old focus (58 reg 2.0 diesel titanium with sport pack in panther black).

really good car which never gave any problems. whoever buys it as got themselves a brilliant motor

hi again

been reading through the manual and checking things out.

i noticed i did not have a radio code.

i emailed the dealer and he replied that the new focus doesn't have one because the radio is built into the dash.

but the radio was built into the dash on my last 58 plate focus and i am sure that had a code card, though i never needed it.

i wondered if other owners could check their information packs to see if there is a code for their cars.

thanks in advance

allan

nice to hear you are starting to see delivery, I really enjoyed my week with the 2.0 focus to the point where when i can get one second had we are buying one. bit gutted about having to change to an astra. but its got more bhp and is only 119kg co2 compared to 129kg co2. so the less company car tax softens the blow a little but not to the extend i wish i could of gambled and waited for the focus .

I couldn't have waited until January because of termination charges on my current lease.

hope u all enjoy Ur new focus's

hi again

been reading through the manual and checking things out.

i noticed i did not have a radio code.

i emailed the dealer and he replied that the new focus doesn't have one because the radio is built into the dash.

but the radio was built into the dash on my last 58 plate focus and i am sure that had a code card, though i never needed it.

i wondered if other owners could check their information packs to see if there is a code for their cars.

thanks in advance

allan

Hi, your dealer is correct in that it doesn't have a code...

Chris