Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problems With Bluetooth Audio

Richaj

You not get any other dealers near by? I wouldn't accept that if I was you, the audio quality is far better over bluetooth / USB along with being alot easier to use,

I'm having this issue too on my iPhone 4s.

I have never had the software updated in the Fiesta though, so I imagine this might be the problem? When it does work, I don't see track names??

I just took it in and told them i was getting these errors after updating my phone and suggested it may need an update and they did it for me free of charge

I just updated my iPhone 4 to ios5. I've got a 2010 Fiesta Econetic.

Before I updated the phone bluetooth audio was fine. Connected automatically. The only slight annoyance was it would automatically start playing on the phone even if I just turned on the radio (i.e. didn't select bluetooth audio on the AUX button).

Since the ios 5 update I'm having all the same problems described here - connection dropping in/out, "BT Error" every time I push FF or RW on the steering wheel, incoming calls not coming through on the stereo.

As for track names, I never got these before the update and I am not getting them now. From what I read here, will updating the stereo software allow me to see track names via bluetooth and fix the problems?

Is the update free from Ford?

They're doing mine "under warranty", which indicates they'd normally charge (though I suppose this could differ from dealer to dealer). If they do usually charge, then I see that as a rip-off.

I've had the same problem since the iOS 5 update too. BT Audio error message, not able to process voice commands to the phone, audio cutting off after 20-30 minutes, no audio on phone calls etc etc.

My Fiesta was back in the garage for some other warranty work the other day (faulty oil filler cap which kept coming off and leaking oil in the engine bay), so I asked for it to be done at the same time while the car was in there. I understand that it was short notice, but even after explaining that people on the owners club forums had reported an upgrade had resolved the issue I was told that "It was to do with the phone", "they didn't have the right type of engineer" and that "the bluetooth updates are a pain in the ****". Great customer service! I'm off to another Ford garage soon to see what they can do to resolve the problem.

I've noticed since updating iPhone 4 to ios5 that the phone signal strength on the car's display screen is no longer there. I've also had a couple of calls drop off for no apparent reason. Anyone who's had the Ford software update know if this cures the missing signal strength monitor?

thanks

Since ios5 my 3gs and now 4s are having exact same issues as described.

Hopefully Apple will correct the problem with an update soon.

I've got my car booked in for the 19th, seems like my dealer knows about the problem. Will report back if they agree to update my radio software.

I've got my car booked in for the 19th

Same here (Milton Keynes).

Is there anyone here who has successfully had their software updated through Ford who can confirm the newest software?

I have a horrible feeling a lot of us will get smoke-screened at the dealerships until we can approach them with some knowledge and fact about the situation!

Who has a iPhone 4 with this problem showing up on connection via bluetooth who has had a update from ford dealer that removed the problem????? My dealer claims I have the latest bluetooth software. So I still have the problem on connection, the occasional drop out and no info displayed. And what year/month is your car? Are you Ford or Sony sound system??

Hi ALL,

have same type of issues, have 2010 mondeo Tit X with top of the range DVD SAT NAV &6CD & USB (touch screen with satnav, bluetooth, phone, etc....) All working great until upgraded iPhone 4 from 4.3.5. to 5

Now signal strenth icon in bottom lefthand corner has gone !!!! and now losing calls but address book is there so must be talking via bluetooth to the phone !*!*

Rang Apple to ask to downgrade the phone back to 4.3.5. which is only 4 months old, but was told to go away ! great customer service Apple ?

p.s. still have problem with 6 CD changer in boot which only reads any 4 discs at one time even if it has all 6 CD's inserted, was told by Fords that it also needs software update ....just great

Anybody else have these issues ?

Just off the phone to Ford....

Long story short, they say check online to see if there is an update, go back to them, if need be they'll do it, and it'll cost aswell!

Cost depends on how long the download takes for them, at a price of £72 an hour!!!!

What a joke <_< <_<

And also they say warranty doesn't cover it.

I don't see how they say it's not under warranty, they should either make it possible for us to do the update our selves or cover it for us. I simply booked mine in saying my bluetooth wasn't working properly, when I was there the guy told me he tested it and it was fine, I then suggested maybe it needs an update if there's one and he agreed and did it.

Was there 3 hours glad it didn't cost!

I don't see how they say it's not under warranty, they should either make it possible for us to do the update our selves or cover it for us. I simply booked mine in saying my Bluetooth wasn't working properly, when I was there the guy told me he tested it and it was fine, I then suggested maybe it needs an update if there's one and he agreed and did it.

Was there 3 hours glad it didn't cost!

Conversation was going fine too and I thought I was en-route to a free upgrade until he then said well he didn't really know, then fobbed me off to the website, then said it'd cost.

Not sure what to do now really? No way I'm paying a penny to them. Worse case I'll downgrade to 4.3.5 again.

I'd try another dealer if you have one near, just explain that your getting bluetooth errors.

Out of intrest what site was you sent to?

Well, my car is back from the dealer to be told "No update for your radio" They also said the radio is only covered for one year from new. Past that, its a charagable update. I was told to come back early next year to see if an update is out.

I'd try another dealer if you have one near, just explain that your getting Bluetooth errors.

Out of intrest what site was you sent to?

The ford connectivity website mate, told me nothing about wether mine needs an update, typical.

Not sure where my next nearest dealer is mate, need to have a check.

i have been having the same fault with my 2011 fiesta and its only six month old but after reading this it going to the dealers

I'm sure someone on the Apple site had the same story as Mark - no updates yet, come back in six months. Maybe Apple will put in a fix

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club