Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Ls Rns Sat Nav Cd Player

Gabbalot

Hi I'm thinking of buying a FORD LS RNS SAT NAV CD Player for my fiesta all I know is that this came out if a focus and I'm not sure if it will fit my fiesta?? I have a 56 reg mk5 fiiesta style, can anybody please advise??

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Can't help I''m afraid but just to clear up confusion your Fiesta will be a mk6.5

Can't help I''m afraid but just to clear up confusion your Fiesta will be a mk6.5

Technically its a 5.5 just everyone on here gets it wrong. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Fiesta

Its like how everyone calls the current corsa the mark 3 but its actually the mark 4 (well its Corsa D in their terminology) because the Nova was a Corsa on the continent.

Technically its a 5.5 just everyone on here gets it wrong. http://en.wikipedia....iki/Ford_Fiesta

From your link:

Fiesta Mark V (2005–2008): facelift

In November 2005, a revised version of the Mk 5 Fiesta went on sale, also known as the Mk 5 facelift. A number of cosmetic changes were introduced: front and rear lights featured new detailing, and bumpers, side mouldings and door mirrors were altered. A bright new colour palette was introduced. The facelift is known as the Mk 6.5 in the UK,

I'm going to be even more awkward here and suggest that if we are to differentiate the pre and post facelift 1997-2001 fiesta (Mk4 and Mk5) we should differentiate the pre and post facelift 2002-2008 fiesta as Mk6 and Mk7. Thus making the 2008 onward model in fact a mark 8!

But who really cares! It's just a name...

:-) ok so I've got a mk6.5 whenever looking for stuff for it on Internet or eBay it always made the car out to be a mk5 but still don't know about the cd player, I will drop by the main dealers when a chance this week and pick thier brains.

I dont get why theres so many different terms for each fiesta its annoying like I dont get why that is known as a 6.5 its not like we had any extra fiestas lol.

Btw if you finish your quote it says:

The facelift is known as the Mk 6.5 in the UK, or Mark 7 elsewhere (mistakenly)

On topic Ive looked into this stereo and it seems to have different fitments so I suspect that it would work but would require centre console modifications to do so. I may be wrong though but it doesnt look like a standard Fiesta stereo in shape etc. Id take your current stereo out and see if it looks to have those fixings on.

Ok thanks for that, sounds like it could be more trouble than it's worth!!! Might take the car to an audio expert to see what options I have, just found that after driving a mates focus with the same system in it, the standard 6000 model in my fiesta sounded rubbish and tinny in comparison.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club