Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide To Fit A Focus Rear Badge Light

Preee

I've read that the top tip is to put a dab of sillicone around the bolt holes.

I'm assuming any clear sillicone will do the job?

I've read that the top tip is to put a dab of sillicone around the bolt holes.

I'm assuming any clear sillicone will do the job?

yes ive used regular tube of clear bathroom sealent silicone for this job, also filling the pocket in the centre of the boot under the spoiler where the spoiler clips to the body, this has made a instant noticable difference when you have the ST spoiler fitted to your car,

because without the silicone under the spoiler, the rain water from the roof flows to the rear and in between the boot panel and spoiler where it becomes trapped,

but with the silicone in their, the water doesnt go down their, instead in continues to flow across the rear spoiler, then through the fins in the st spoiler and on to the rear window, where you get a free wash of the rear window and you can wipe it off with the rear wiper lol,

its great to put your foot down after the rain is restion on the roof and see it all run down the back window in the rear view mirror lol im sad i know. but its better than it going under the spoiler.

Cheers for the tip.

Will not hedge my bets by buying the sillicone yet.

Knowing my luck - meaning none - I'll lose the bid and have a tube on the shelf mocking me for months to come.

Cheers for the tip.

Will not hedge my bets by buying the sillicone yet.

Knowing my luck - meaning none - I'll lose the bid and have a tube on the shelf mocking me for months to come.

lol dont buy the gun for the silicone though mate,

as a few lads at work for the loan of one, theirs no pint in buying one because the just gather dust in the shed.

I have a gun and I'm not afraid to use it. ;)

I do have one in the cupboard and used it when fitting a bathroom and kitchen a little while ago.

Also handy for applying painters caulk after decorating to tidy the rough edges.

Yeahh.

Won the spoiler with one bid.

£45 and the exact colour so very chuffed.

If i'd tried getting one from Ford it would probably been well over £100 and then of course it would have been in primed state only so probably £80 - £100 for spraying too.

$(KGrHqN,!pEE9ln1JiM!BPbt7nLS-Q~~60_12.JPG

Even if there turns out to be small marks on it, that won't be anywhere as expensive to cover as a full spray would be.

Yeahh.

Won the spoiler with one bid.

£45 and the exact colour so very chuffed.

If i'd tried getting one from Ford it would probably been well over £100 and then of course it would have been in primed state only so probably £80 - £100 for spraying too.

Even if there turns out to be small marks on it, that won't be anywhere as expensive to cover as a full spray would be.

nice one clive,

you should do a fitting guide on this mate, B)

Will do, may even consider changing the brake light to a clear lens with red L.E.D's just to keep you interested. ;)

Will do, may even consider changing the brake light to a clear lens with red L.E.D's just to keep you interested. ;)

:D im always interested.

and that would look really good with the silver body mate,

the w5w red led's are available as a kit on eBay for the focus,

http://www.ebay.co.u..._fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

and

http://www.ebay.co.u..._fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Nice one Mate, B)

or it may be this brake unit, hard to tell from the picture.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4ab5d4da32

if its this one, then you dont need the w5w led's because its a sealed unit with the leds inside and cant be touched.

Just the ticket and thanks for the pointers.

• 2 weeks later...

Nighttime shots,not too clear wifey parked to close to my bumper to get right behind.

post-22424-0-87216800-1315595766_thumb.j

post-22424-0-90343600-1315595770_thumb.j

I've seen a few focus's lately with that black rubby looking thats on the reg light panel, can you tell me what its for?

If you mean this?

21a.jpg

That's the keyless entry thingy i believe?

Correct Stoney.

It is indeed the lock button for the boot and keyless entry , the same button is on the driver and passenger doors. Single press = lock double press = deadlock.

• 1 month later...

If you show a white light to the rear you are breaking the law. Be careful and only use the white on the front of the vehicle.

If the white light is connected to the reverse circuit only then it will be legal.

I wouldn't recommend anyone use blue ones, though they do look cool.

There's only a couple of us on here that can get away with blue lights (as far as i know anyway), That's me and ndsussex.

Regulars on here will know why. ^_^

Evening All , mind how you go now. ;)

• 2 months later...

If the white light is connected to the reverse circuit only then it will be legal.

There's only a couple of us on here that can get away with blue lights (as far as i know anyway), That's me and ndsussex.

Afternoon P.C Plod :lol:

Who knows stoney - might be more than you think!

Who knows stoney - might be more than you think!

I don't mind everyone knowing what I am, hopefully then people can see that coppers are human and not a##holes (not all of us anyway) ;)

I don't mind everyone knowing what I am, hopefully then people can see that coppers are human and not a##holes (not all of us anyway) ;)

I know your not one of the Garda Síochána hug.gif

I know your not one of the Garda Síochána hug.gif

Are you inferring they are not friendly lads like me? :D

Are you inferring they are not friendly lads like me? :D

yes.gif

yes.gif

Ah, i bet some of them are perfectly lovely really.

Ah, i bet some of them are perfectly lovely really.

ah some of them are sound,

but others are just kids in uniform trying to prove themselves and perhaps jealous of what you drive so start to hold you up at checkpoints and bag you.

Unfortunately people in a position of authority are a cross section of the community so some wanger-1.gif will get in.