Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide To Fit A Focus Rear Badge Light

Preee

Unfortunately people in a position of authority are a cross section of the community so some wanger-1.gif will get in.

that is so true :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Grr you lads really need to stop putting ideas in my head ;) I really wanna do this mod now :P

Grr you lads really need to stop putting ideas in my head ;) I really wanna do this mod now :P

Its a great little Mod Brigante and still working well

You should have done it when you were fitting your spoiler, It's so much easier to run the positive feed when you have full access to the wires.

If you do want to do it both wires to the spoiler brake light are I'm sure you'll remember black.

The positive feed is the thicker of the two.

You should have done it when you were fitting your spoiler, It's so much easier to run the positive feed when you have full access to the wires.

If you do want to do it both wires to the spoiler brake light are I'm sure you'll remember black.

The positive feed is the thicker of the two.

I know mate was thinking that, can always unbolt the spoiler I suppose. Really fed up of ordering things from china though. The main reason I'd wanna do the mod is for the blue illumination but reading your previous comments I can't do that cause I'm not one of your lot lol.

Its a great little Mod Brigante and still working well

And Preee I'm blaming you for this one mate for making the guide or I'd have never got the idea. If I do decide to do it it'll be you the missus won't be happy with lol :P would give Lenny a break I suppose ;)

Yep sorry mate red only unless you feel brave and do the red and white one to match your second reverse bulb.

I think I've stirred up enough now.

:( why'd they make a blue option if it's not legal. think I would do the white to go with the reverse lights though.

It's not illegal to sell blue but would be to fit and use blue.

Foreign markets are different.

You can go into shops in the Irish Republic and buy magnetic blue flashing car beacons but can't use them here but try buying them from UK police supply companies and they will refuse to supply you unless sent to a Police station.

• 1 month later...

Man this sucks. I wish these badge illuminators would be available for Fiesta MK7. I'm so disappointed!

damn you people! the more i read this thread the more i want want :( i particularly like the idea of the white light wired to my reverse light. reckon that would look really tidy with my twin cree's especially if the badge light is bright as you lot say.

"*Manly tears running down the cheek*" - I already measured the badge, Fiesta's badge is a lot smaller, so no joy I'm afraid.

I haven't seen any red/white combined ones for ages.

If you're going to fit one then the red is the best and safest option.

I had already spotted that size but was waiting for the measurements of your badge before linking to it for you.

I think I'm going for the red ones. There is no point to be moping around. Chances are there will never be white/red combo one for the Fiestas badge so I have to go with what I got.

1. Should I attach these to brake lights or side lights (i.e. keep then constantly on when the lights are on, or when I'm breaking? Your thoughts or opinon. (I'm leaning more towards as 4th brake light)
  2. How much wire do I need tom order? Is 2 m sufficient?

1. Should I attach these to brake lights or side lights (i.e. keep then constantly on when the lights are on, or when I'm breaking? Your thoughts or opinon. (I'm leaning more towards as 4th brake light)
  2. How much wire do I need to order? Is 2 m sufficient?

If your going to have it active with the side lights then you wouldn't need to purchase any extra cable because you can splice in to the reg late lighting below the badge.

But if you want to fit it as a brake light,

Then 2 metres would be enough and to save weight, you could earth to the reg light earth feed and run a single posituve feed to the rear spoiler brake light.

I'm really torn between the dilemma.

One one hand it would be cool that it stays on whenever the side lights are on which happens mostly when its dark.

On the other hand it would be also awesome to have it as 4th break light and as you are also breaking during the day time it would essentiallly get some exposure at day and night.

I wonder if it would be possible to do it in the following way - during the day if you break it will go on but as soon as you switch on the sidelights they will come on and stay on (if this makes sense). This way I could sort of get best of both worlds. Could it theoretically be done?

What i did when i was searching for these lights was go on alibaba.com , find the dealer and contacted them , gave them the size of the light required and they replied with the options they had which was white/red , white/blue , blue/red , green/red.

When I first fitted my light I had it on permanently.

The problem with that is you only get to show it off when your lights are on.

After a couple of weeks I decided it looked more trick to have it work with the brake lights.

Far better in my view.

What i did when i was searching for these lights was go on alibaba.com , find the dealer and contacted them , gave them the size of the light required and they replied with the options they had which was white/red , white/blue , blue/red , green/red.

Cheers. I have done it now. It can't really hurt to try. (sort of as a last straw).

When I first fitted my light I had it on permanently.

The problem with that is you only get to show it off when your lights are on.

After a couple of weeks I decided it looked more trick to have it work with the brake lights.

Far better in my view.

I think that was the option that I was more leaning towards to anyway.

At same time, do you think that theoretically it can be done in a way as described in my previous post?

You mean being able to have them on permanently with lights and also have them work as a brake light when the lights are off?

You could double live it so a live would run from the numberplate live and also from the brake light feed.

A similar principle as the courtesy light which comes on with the doors opening (the brake light principle) and the light illuminates with the switch on the unit too (the side light principle).

Perfectly feasable in my books.

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to get home to order this.....

Cheers.

I take it you're happy? :D

Glad to help.