Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bye Bye Fiesta - Hello Volvo C30 R Design!

calmcdermott

It's time to say goodbye to my Fiesta, i'm fed up of being constantly let down by it and the insane rattling.

Went down to a Volvo dealership test drove the C30 and instantly fell in love it, so much more refined and quality is impeccable. Picking it up on Tuesday, cannot wait plus it's costing me less per month than the Fiesta! I'm really relluctant to let it go but its time....

I'm still not going anywhere will still be over looking the forum and leaving comments, thought you guys would deserve to know!

The C30 is a really stylish car, and you're right the quality of Volvo's is amazing. My neighbour has always had Volvo's and I guess that's for a reason.

Anyway, best of luck with your new car! :)

the c30 is a stunning car, looked at one many times, but the fiesta keeps calling me back.

what colour did you go for? what engine?

best of luck with it, remember to get some pics up when it arrives

Thanks guys iv gone for the 1.6 100hp petrol, not as fast as the fiesta, the black and White interior it's lush!

Thanks guys iv gone for the 1.6 100hp petrol, not as fast as the fiesta, the black and White interior it's lush!

Nice car m8, not sure about the engine tho,quite slow and very high fuel consumption.....

Always loved the C30, they seem to retain their value well so it's probably a good move!

May also have something to do with the fact i've never really liked the MK7 Fiesta...

Hopefully it's around the same consumption on the fiesta, hopefully it will be bettr quality as well!

Love the look of the new C30 :) I'm sure you'll love it, but just a little word of warning, my mum had an 05 S40 (effectively the same car) and we had huge ECU problems where the car wouldn't start due to electrical problems :) I think it went through about 4 ECUs in the end! Otherwise, built like a rock, and extremely comfy :)

Love the look of the new C30 :) I'm sure you'll love it, but just a little word of warning, my mum had an 05 S40 (effectively the same car) and we had huge ECU problems where the car wouldn't start due to electrical problems :) I think it went through about 4 ECUs in the end! Otherwise, built like a rock, and extremely comfy :)

Thanks but hopefully there will be none of that, especially as it's a newer car so hopefully that bug will have been sorted out but yea signed for it today so roll on Tuesday!

Thanks but hopefully there will be none of that, especially as it's a newer car so hopefully that bug will have been sorted out but yea signed for it today so roll on Tuesday!

The only thing that bothers me nowadays at Volvo is that I still can't cope with the fact that I would buy a Chinese Volvo...Somehow I was expecting a different road...

The only thing that bothers me nowadays at Volvo is that I still can't cope with the fact that I would buy a Chinese Volvo...Somehow I was expecting a different road...

I don't understand lol!

Hopefully it's around the same consumption on the fiesta, hopefully it will be bettr quality as well!

Congrats on the new car. Seen a few sporty ones round here and they certainly are a headturner. I would expect consumption to be a bit higher than the Fez as the C30's official MPG of only 40.4 and emissions around 165g/km are quite poor for a 1.6 nowadays. Real world consumtion will be around low to mid 30's I guess.

Volvo's are great cars, i have a V50 and fiesta van. love both cars but the fiesta has been the best. fault list on the volvo:

leaking rear washer hose

leaking shark fin

new gearbox

wind noise on the drivers door when traveling over 60mph

cracked sump

SCU (start control unit) where the key goes

Steering lock motor

cambet ideler

alternator

lose wheel tracking like mad.

fiesta:

rubber door seal came off

would i but another volvo YES

main deailer was crap best thing i ever did was to find a independent volvo dealer

Congrats on the new car. Seen a few sporty ones round here and they certainly are a headturner. I would expect consumption to be a bit higher than the Fez as the C30's official MPG of only 40.4 and emissions around 165g/km are quite poor for a 1.6 nowadays. Real world consumtion will be around low to mid 30's I guess.

Hopefully as it's not as fast il be lighter on the accelerator haha!

Volvo's are great cars, i have a V50 and fiesta van. love both cars but the fiesta has been the best. fault list on the volvo:

leaking rear washer hose

leaking shark fin

new gearbox

wind noise on the drivers door when traveling over 60mph

cracked sump

SCU (start control unit) where the key goes

Steering lock motor

cambet ideler

alternator

lose wheel tracking like mad.

fiesta:

rubber door seal came off

would i but another volvo YES

main deailer was crap best thing i ever did was to find a independent volvo dealer

Ouch!, well iv'e gone over this with a fine toothcomb and as far as I can see there is nothing wrong with it, plus I still have a year's warrenty

Sorry to interrupt this thread but pukka could you confirm what the model of your fiesta is as now both my door seals are broken and getting bored of it to be honest.

Ant.

Sorry to interrupt this thread but pukka could you confirm what the model of your fiesta is as now both my door seals are broken and getting bored of it to be honest.

Ant.

Both mine went as well and had to be replaced under warranty.

its a 2010 fiesta van, just spoke to the local garage and they did the work under warranty took a few hours.

Thanks

Paul

The C30 is a cracking car. EVO really rate the long term T5 they ran. I'm in love with the Polestar version to....they really need to make that.

Volvo make some pretty cool cars, by aunt has an XC90 D5 sport which is a really really nice car and well built. My uncle had a V40 T4 a while ago, which was a pretty good car too.

Have you picked it up yet?

The C30 is a cracking car. EVO really rate the long term T5 they ran. I'm in love with the Polestar version to....they really need to make that.

Volvo make some pretty cool cars, by aunt has an XC90 D5 sport which is a really really nice car and well built. My uncle had a V40 T4 a while ago, which was a pretty good car too.

Have you picked it up yet?

Wicked, yea I picked it up last night and said my bye byes to the fiesta ( I was actually rather upset!) but OMG the car is fantastic, cruise control, HD stereo which makes the fiestas sound !Removed!! quality is impeccable, smooth ride, heated leather seats, full bluetooth and everything including the buttons seem better made, im really really impressed!!!

what the fudge is global opening?!

It's when you can open the doors anywhere in the world :P

Haha it's when you can open with windows with the remote, something that I and many other people wanted on the fiesta

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club