Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2003 Street Ka Overheating And Fan Problem

TrickKa

Hi all

my girlfriend has just bought a 2003 street ka 1.6 8v duratec and when she arrived in it i noticed that the cooling fan was going flat out and i thought this was a tad strange but let it go thinking it had just being on a long trip to mine, ( looking on here seems like this is a problem with them ) anyway a few weeks went by and she had just set off to go home and when sat in some roadworks the warning light came on for overheating followed by steaming from under the bonnet. i recovered the car back to mine and as im a mechanic i was sure of the circulation from the water pump was good and as i had heard the fan working i knew it wasn't that so i replaced the thermostat. i got it replaced and had all the air locks removed and had good circulation again all hoses hot and running it upto temp waiting for the fan to cut in. 15 mins passed and no fan 20 mins later the warning light came on to say overheating and i check for a feed at the fan and it has no feed. :blink: no idea why it has decided to not work. by this time it was dark outside so i had a quick check of the fuses under the steering column and they are all alright. so

1. can any body tell me where the radiator fan fuse is

2. where the relay is

3. is there any common wiring faults with them

4. is there only one temp sensor on the system on top of the thermostat housing??

5. what is the resistor for in the fan housing at the bottom of the radiator??

any help would be great thanks

Hi all

my girlfriend has just bought a 2003 street ka 1.6 8v duratec and when she arrived in it i noticed that the cooling fan was going flat out and i thought this was a tad strange but let it go thinking it had just being on a long trip to mine, ( looking on here seems like this is a problem with them ) anyway a few weeks went by and she had just set off to go home and when sat in some roadworks the warning light came on for overheating followed by steaming from under the bonnet. i recovered the car back to mine and as im a mechanic i was sure of the circulation from the water pump was good and as i had heard the fan working i knew it wasn't that so i replaced the thermostat. i got it replaced and had all the air locks removed and had good circulation again all hoses hot and running it upto temp waiting for the fan to cut in. 15 mins passed and no fan 20 mins later the warning light came on to say overheating and i check for a feed at the fan and it has no feed. :blink: no idea why it has decided to not work. by this time it was dark outside so i had a quick check of the fuses under the steering column and they are all alright. so

1. can any body tell me where the radiator fan fuse is

2. where the relay is

3. is there any common wiring faults with them

4. is there only one temp sensor on the system on top of the thermostat housing??

5. what is the resistor for in the fan housing at the bottom of the radiator??

any help would be great thanks

just a quick reply for anybody else wanting to know. the fuse is a 60amp one on the positive battery terminal. there are three fuses one 80amp and two 60amp and it is the right hand side one for the fan.

the reason why the fuse had blown was because the fan was broken so when i fitted a new fuse the fan worked for about 10 seconds but then blew the new fuse because the fan was chucking sparks out so the brushes must be worn out. the reason why the fan had broke was because the thermostat was not opening properly not allowing the coolant to flow through the radiator so the coolant that was going through wasnt enough to cool the engine down and after however long with the fan going flat out all the time trying to cool the coolant down it gave up. so in the end new thermostat new radiator fan and new fuse all is well no more crazy fan all the time and no more over heating. :D

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old post but I have same problem,I'm waiting for new relay nut need to drive the car,anyone know what the 60amp in the middle is for??

Also,is there a fan switch on these or just a cts?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club