Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta St (Concept) Announced!

AntonyJ

I'd be interested to know where ford gained the 60ps, most of course will be from the turbo but just how much? If all 60ps comes from the turbo that's an increase of 50% power, I'm no expert on turbos but that seems alot.

As it's the same engine (more or less) underneathe, do mountune even need to make new kits? the 140ps and 155ps packs should be a direct replacement? If so, that'd be 200ps (140ps pack) and 215ps (155ps pack). Those would be pretty hot figures to be readily available at car launch!

40MPG should also be achievable too on the long runs, when turbo's aren't on boost they use very little energy, and you should see similar MPG as the N/A 1.6. It's gunna plummit when you thrash it though, I get my ZS down to mid 20's occassionally!

It's not more or less the same engine though :huh:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MarkyR

• MRC89

• Sam C

• hula89

Top Posters In This Topic

A current Fiesta from Frankfurt. For some reason Autocar put it on the ST storey?

Anyway, looking at this, then looking at the ST, the ST looks better i think?

Ford-1391111727234081200x795.jpg

The whole idea of an Ecoboost engine is not only are they turbo charged they are much lighter than a normal petrol and smaller in size too. Resulting in a more powerful and lighter car

them st models look stunning!!!!!!!! and they will probably only get tweeked to look better tooo... and as with a previous post, i wasn't the fezs biggest fan at first, then it grew on me and grew on me too the point i got one... also with this (and speaking from a teen to early twenties age group here i imagine) with it being a 1.6, the insurance wont be as bad as the last 2L one

them st models look stunning!!!!!!!! and they will probably only get tweeked to look better tooo... and as with a previous post, i wasn't the fezs biggest fan at first, then it grew on me and grew on me too the point i got one... also with this (and speaking from a teen to early twenties age group here i imagine) with it being a 1.6, the insurance wont be as bad as the last 2L one

If anything, the insurance will be higher. Last ST was 150 BHP, this new one is 180. So i'm guessing insurance wont be cheap for 1 second. Anything that has the ST name will have a high insurance tag for anybody under 25.

If anything, the insurance will be higher. Last ST was 150 BHP, this new one is 180. So i'm guessing insurance wont be cheap for 1 second. Anything that has the ST name will have a high insurance tag for anybody under 25.

yeha i understand that bit... but i can dream okay?? haha ;)

This is a whole different board game to the current 1.6 engine being breathed on - the ST will be packing a tuned version of the Focus' 1.6 litre ecoboost, it's a big change. Mountune can then attack it and get some serious numbers out of it I'm sure.

As for insurance - yes Nico, I think you're in dreamland if you think it'll be cheaper to insure than the mk6 ST! :lol:

The white is already growing on me after a day of oggling. I just like how it smoothes out some of the creases, the grille looks pretty good one the white one, ut I didn't like it on the orange?

The whole idea of an Ecoboost engine is not only are they turbo charged they are much lighter than a normal petrol and smaller in size too. Resulting in a more powerful and lighter car

Sounds like ford's version of MultiAir. I worked for Fiat and those MultiAir engines were far from what they were cracked up to be "more power same economy" theyre supposed to do. I managed to get 40mpg out of the standard 1.4 and the multiair only managed about 35 (both in a Punto Evo GP).

I refused my company car in the end and carried on driving my Peugeot 107 because of how bad they were on fuel.

Now I'm a bit gutted if I'm honest as I havent had my fiesta over 40mpg yet (1.25 82)

Sounds like ford's version of MultiAir. I worked for Fiat and those MultiAir engines were far from what they were cracked up to be "more power same economy" theyre supposed to do. I managed to get 40mpg out of the standard 1.4 and the multiair only managed about 35 (both in a Punto Evo GP).

I refused my company car in the end and carried on driving my Peugeot 107 because of how bad they were on fuel.

Now I'm a bit gutted if I'm honest as I havent had my fiesta over 40mpg yet (1.25 82)

It isnt the same technology as multiair, multiair actually worked, you were just unlucky obviously.

driving mine (the same engine) as soft as i can and changing gears asap, 5th gear doing 30 and what not, it never tops 40 mpg town driving, but on the motor way it will comfortably... the spare wheel in the boot (if you have it) reduces the MPG from the advertised amount and a few other silly factors.

but as for the interior that wont be the one on the sale ST... wouldnt surprise me if its something like the US option interior such as...

fiesta-personalization-3_653.jpg

Full Set Of Pictures...

at least thats my view on what it may be, or even close too

Still can't get passed that grill! What is it with modern care needing massive mouths? Audio are by far the worst for it.

The seats look good - supportive and grippy. No doubt a good sign!

Still can't get passed that grill! What is it with modern care needing massive mouths? Audio are by far the worst for it.

The seats look good - supportive and grippy. No doubt a good sign!

You can actually thank European legislation pedestrian safety requirements for the massive grills mate. If you notice every new car has a big front, it's to reduce pedestrian injury and is part of that NCAP safety test now.

You can actually thank European legislation pedestrian safety requirements for the massive grills mate. If you notice every new car has a big front, it's to reduce pedestrian injury and is part of that NCAP safety test now.

I know its affected the bonnet heights (which was one of the reasons why the R56 MINI looks so awful compared to the R50). Audi began the big gills before that legislation came in. It started with the B6 A4 and 8P A3 facelifts but has only git worse with higher bonnet heights.

Although with the ST, its just designed with a big grill. Shame really because I really like the rest of the car. No doubt it will do well though if sales of the last one are anything to go by.

I think the grill would have looked better if it were lower down, like the existing grill. It just looks a bit awkward now

Interior on Nico's link looks a millions times better than the all plain black bland bla bla, I'm guessing thats an extra you'll have to pay for. :rolleyes:

Well had my car serviced yesterday, need 3 new tyres at some point too!! So basically four! Anyway, I saw the chap I brought my car of and expressed I am VERY interested in an ST, he was his usual coy self haha but he has taken note, I asked him for a guestimate on price and he said around 17K which is what I'm thinking anyway, I also asked about any new options being offered next year but he doesn't think so, or doesn't know.

I'm actually hoping the only options I need are the top end DAB radio handsfree bluetooth etc, most likely without satnav, tinted rear windows, automatic air con, and front parking sensors so I don't nis jude and go over the kerb with the low front :unsure:

My get the rear view camera for sheer techy showing off but they may not offer it on the ST. Everything else I want that I have now, side skirts, quick clear windscreen should be standard. And 17" rims I think will be standard too. But if we get Ford Sync or not I've no idea? But it syncs my contacts and links via bluetooth as it is already so that's fine.

Roll on next March...

Black alloys anyone?

blackalloys.jpg

..and if you're not a fan of DRL's you could always re-wire indicators into those lovely 'halo' strips.

8g4jiF.gif

For those of you that don't know, the white ST is a very clever photoshop (it's actually orange). Beyond my capabilities :D

I made both of these in GIMP 2 (free alternative to photoshop) If anyone wants more, just ask

Well looks like us down under are not going to see the ST on the forcourts

ford australia spokesperson announced basically said so in a nutshell,the XR4 in 2008 being the last small sports hatch to end the line.

Might have to look into getting a crated engine shipped over.

Black alloys anyone?

For those of you that don't know, the white ST is a very clever photoshop (it's actually orange). Beyond my capabilities :D

I made both of these in GIMP 2 (free alternative to photoshop) If anyone wants more, just ask

Nah, I don't like the black alloy's, prefer the standard Silver look? And it took me a while to figure out the white version was photoshopped! Hell of a job who ever did it. Ford should have shown it off in white in the first place, really not sure about Orange?!