Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clutch Help

leest170

Hi All,

I brought a Ford Focus ST170 about 4 months ago and this is my 1st Ford car. I have noticed that sometimes, when changing into a new gear, I maintain my speed (even when I am trying to accelerate) and my Rev counter goes way up, and then settles back down on its own. It doesn't happen all the time, but is now causing me some concern. Any ideas before I start getting thobbed off by some garages!!!

Cheers...

if this happens in the higer gears more than the lower ones, its usually a sign of the clutch starting to slip.

if this happens in the higer gears more than the lower ones, its usually a sign of the clutch starting to slip.

have to second that my old foci did the same slipping clutch revs rise but speed doesnt youre better getting the full kit done clutch and slave cylinder etc if done at ford its all in the pack personally iwould when i had my clutch done after a day the slave cylinder burst its seal and spewed clutch fluid out as it was done at ford they replaced everything at there cost as the clutch was contaminated with fluid tempting to save cash and get it done cheaper but in my case that would have been a false economy

i had a similar issue with rising revs around 1st & 2nd gear and maintained same speed when my coil pack went bad. if you give it full throttle in 4th gear and speed is the same but revs keep climbing then yeah its most probably clutch slip.

dont touch coil pack with engine running i nearly killed myself by accidentally touching it last time.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club