Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Keyless Entry - Frustrating ??

tomo2001

Anyone else got a Mk3 Focus with keyless entry ? Do you too find it a bit 'hit and miss' ?

Numerous times I have gone to the car, opened the boot then closed the boot (keyless entry). Then gone to drivers door and nothing happens, car doesn't unlock in fact it sounds if it is trying to lock the car. End up getting frustrated and just using the fob to press the car unlock button. Went to petrol station today, filled up locked car with a 'handswipe' on drivers handle - all ok. Went in, paid, came out, grabbed drivers door handle and NOTHING !! Ended up using key fob again - complete and utter waste of money IMHO. Rant over.........................

I have keyless entry on my 2010 Tit , and i had to go and get it updated as it went crazy locking me out of the car , since the update its been fine.Although if ihad purchased the car from new i would not have added that option

Mate I pick mine up Friday with keyless so let you know in time !!

Anyone else got a Mk3 Focus with keyless entry ? Do you too find it a bit 'hit and miss' ?

Numerous times I have gone to the car, opened the boot then closed the boot (keyless entry). Then gone to drivers door and nothing happens, car doesn't unlock in fact it sounds if it is trying to lock the car. End up getting frustrated and just using the fob to press the car unlock button. Went to petrol station today, filled up locked car with a 'handswipe' on drivers handle - all ok. Went in, paid, came out, grabbed drivers door handle and NOTHING !! Ended up using key fob again - complete and utter waste of money IMHO. Rant over.........................

Hi, if its not working correctly so take it back to the dealership then, it serves no purpose to rant here, mine works fine.

Chris

Hi, if its not working correctly so take it back to the dealership then, it serves no purpose to rant here, mine works fine.

Chris

Not surprised with that answer, you seem to have the perfect car.

Also have 2010 Ti with Keyless system and it works well. Just keep the key in my pocket and has worked 100% (only had car for 4 weeks). Get a little annoyed when I reach my front door and have to get key ring out of pocket.

Had to laugh at his reply to you ! Maybe he does not realise this is a discussion site ?

Also have 2010 Ti with Keyless system and it works well. Just keep the key in my pocket and has worked 100% (only had car for 4 weeks). Get a little annoyed when I reach my front door and have to get key ring out of pocket.

Well I have ordered one with keyless entry and pick it up Friday ! Wonder if I can get keyless entry for my front door then problem solved ! Lol

Hi, lets not go there ok, you seem to have a less than perfect car, however, as I said, you are better off taking your frustration out at the dealership that supplied your car instead of me.

Chris

I do believe this is a discussion site ? I also would have asked the same question on here if I had the same problem - seems to me your a little tense ? If you have a problem with someone's post then don't reply just chill out. Discussion sites = Discuss ;-) "Simples" !!!!

• Like 1

Hi, yes a discussion forum, the question was posed, "Anyone else got a Mk3 Focus with keyless entry ? Do you too find it a bit 'hit and miss'" I gave a straight forward answer, so what's the problem?

Chris

The guy asked a simple question and you seem to jump on him regarding not taking it to dealer - I pick mine up Friday and if I have an issue I would also ask it on here ? Can't see what the issue is - was the way you challenged him regarding taking it to the dealer - very abrupt / sharp that's all.

Hi, well if that was the truth then I'd apologise, however the op used the words rant, frustrated and used capitals. Thus I suggested this should be better aimed at the dealership. However, did your comment 'Had to laugh at his reply to you !' add anything to this discussion about the keyless system?

Chris

Help my engine has blown up can anyone other than my dealer help me please, you have a problem with a new car take it back as far as I know that's what most normal people would do that's the best thong about buying new or you may aswell got a cheap car. then report back to us and tell us how they got on and what to look for or solutions, not avoiding the dealer like he has the plauge and bitching about it on here, to borrow what wick said "SIMPLES" THe term 'some people are never happy unless there complaining' sping to mind anyone???

Chill out you lot and get a life ! Actually you amuse me never mind dont worry yourselves over the guys question and sorry your car blew up lol ! Funny you lot .........;-)

Help my engine has blown up can anyone other than my dealer help me please, you have a problem with a new car take it back as far as I know that's what most normal people would do that's the best thong about buying new or you may aswell got a cheap car. then report back to us and tell us how they got on and what to look for or solutions, not avoiding the dealer like he has the plauge and bitching

about it on here, to borrow what wick said "SIMPLES" THe term 'some people are never happy unless there

complaining' sping to mind anyone???

You lot are complaint about a guys thread ?? What's your problem he asked a question ? I have new cars every year an if I have a fault always ask on the forums due to dealers not being able to book in right away - it was just a "Question" anyway you pair of women I must go now ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Just picked up my 2011 Focus Titanium with Keyless entry system. I had this on my previous Renault and they dont seem to work the same. I dont know if there is a fault as I see people have had to have theirs updated. I'll get to the point. Do you have to physically lock the door when you exit, or do you have to press the button on the door handle? The dealer told us that you just walk away but when we do that the car does not lock. There is also no audiable noise to confirm the alarm is set, i was under the impression the thatcham alarm 'beeped' when it armed.

Any responses would be appreciated, thank you in advance

Jon

Best response is to 'swipe' your hand over the black window on the door handles, do it slowly as it doesn't always work. Sometimes you may find you return to the vehicle grab a door handle and the car doesn't unlock. Usually find it best to walk to car hold handle, count to 10, swear, deep breath and then the car unlocks !!

Also seems to be worse when my key is in the same pocket as the mobile phone - can this block the signal - who knows ??

Hi, for sure it isn't a good idea to keep the keys in the same pocket, I belive the manual does suggest this. My car is having to go in to the dealership on thurs as the front passenger door will not lock and unlock through the black sensor. So not so much the perfect car...

Chris

Hi, for sure it isn't a good idea to keep the keys in the same pocket, I belive the manual does suggest this. My car is having to go in to the dealership on thurs as the front passenger door will not lock and unlock through the black sensor. So not so much the perfect car...

Chris

That's similar to mine - sometimes. My other issue on another thread the stop/start problem has been escalated as I rejected the car on Weds when the Ford technician failed to turn up. Had problem since July and no further down the road. Apparently supplying dealer are going to collect my car and give me a relief vehicle, Ford KA no doubt !!

hi,

i've had similar prob -ie my keyless entry works fine for me opening the drvers door , its when my partner tries the passgenger door its locked & i have to use the key fob, and the back doors are the same some times.

And yes i know i'll have to take it back to dealer when i get time so im not ranting, lol :)

post-2195-0-10504700-1317575193_thumb.jp

I know people are more likely to complain about something than say it's class on forums but ford need to sort this out, has anyone got the keyless entry and not had a problem?? Sounds unlikely at the moment.

I know people are more likely to complain about something than say it's class on forums but ford need to sort this out, has anyone got the keyless entry and not had a problem?? Sounds unlikely at the moment.

Had keyless entry on my fiesta tit 58 plate, & never had one prob

post-2195-0-82948200-1317575852_thumb.jp

Focus related I ment, heard the system was very good on the fiesta, seems strange that they would change the system much but something is different which your unfortunately finding out.