Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Unwell

artscot79

well the new focus 1.6 ti-vct is in the garage bought from evans halshaw kirkcaldy and the engine management light came on so they replaced the cam controllers but to no avail light came back on so master tech took it and diagnosed the pulleys as being faulty, however im getting both cam controllers replaced both pulleys and a full timing belt kit done free as well as a full valet and they gave me a courtesy car 2011 plate fiesta zetec so all in all i cant argue really though to be honest ive no idea why people like the fiesta horrible little tin can thats too damn short kept banging my head off the roof. who said ford dealers are crap top class service ive had from the start

• Like 1

i have to agree with what you said with the dealers. i use a dealers service center (Jennings Ford Washington) and so far they have only been too helpful...giving me loads of discount each time as a loyal customer and a little extra for being military.

i just had the issue of getting my aircon sorted, they replaced all the parts and it worked for a few weeks then it stopped suddenly...took it back and they agreed to diag it for free and replace all parts as they were under warranty...most of the time (especially with peugeot dealers) you have to argue and argue its under warranty and normally have to get HQ involved.

they are also cheap for parts and the parts guy at the location above is one of those people that knows what your talking about and will give you the correct part straight aways....even without looking on ecat.

on a further note artscot...i was just wondering, i was reading your sig and it says colour coded engine...any pics of this? im interested in changing the hoses to coloured silicone ones and possibly painting the plastic engine cover to suit etc....but doing the research first lol

on a further note artscot...i was just wondering, i was reading your sig and it says colour coded engine...any pics of this? im interested in changing the hoses to coloured silicone ones and possibly painting the plastic engine cover to suit etc....but doing the research first lol

no pics yet the engine plastics ie battery cover and fuse box cover have been done with this http://www.ebay.co.u...=item519ab37c0b as always plastic primer from Halfords but just one thin coat of laquer next month ill be ordering these http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4841ed42b3 they are easier to fit simply slice in half place over the existing hoses and then cable tie or tape the ends. ill get my pics up once the hoses are doneoh and illl be adding these http://www.teamtorquesteer.co.uk/fiesta-st-exterior-styling/2011-focus-mist-type-washer-jets.html

ah cool, will look at those links. and cant wait to see the piccys

as for the washer jets, ive been looking into this myself. you can pick them up from your local dealer at just under £3 each! so that will save some money...ill try and find the finis codes. oh the heated and non heated are the same price.

heres the part nos:

1708796 non-heated

1708797 heated

heres a video of the heated ones in action:

that horrible little tin can outsells the foucs. :D

ah cool, will look at those links. and cant wait to see the piccys

as for the washer jets, ive been looking into this myself. you can pick them up from your local dealer at just under £3 each! so that will save some money...ill try and find the finis codes. oh the heated and non heated are the same price.

Non Heated Jets, FINIS Part Number: 1708796

Heated Jets FINIS Part Number:1708797 Click Here

Non Heated Jets, FINIS Part Number: 1708796

Heated Jets FINIS Part Number:1708797

cheers ordered some and no offence about the fiesta its just not my cup of tea really struggle with headroom in it and just doesnt feel that well built but thats my personal opinion and the first time ive driven a fiesta clearly many people like the car for me its too smal.heated jets from dealers 16 quid each torquesteer 16 quid inc delivery for the pair

cheers ordered some and no offence about the fiesta its just not my cup of tea really struggle with headroom in it and just doesnt feel that well built but thats my personal opinion and the first time ive driven a fiesta clearly many people like the car for me its too small

glad you got sorted, I’ve purchased a set of heated myself, waiting on the post man now

i agree with you on the fiesta I was going to buy one but im 6ft 2 and they only have one fan that does the cooling of the engine and the air conditioning so

i can see that getting stressed out and also the sub frame in the front blocks have of the radiator preventing air from entering it to cool, I’ve got pictures to back this up

too, I’m not saying the focus is D1 but most faults in the focus occur long after the assembly on the production line,

love the MK6 fiesta though.

Were all entitled to our opinions, fair to say anyone who bought a fiesta got what they wanted, and anyone who could afford a focus maybe didn’t have a garage long enough to fit it in.

glad you got sorted, I've purchased a set of heated myself, waiting on the post man now

i agree with you on the fiesta I was going to buy one but im 6ft 2 and they only have one fan that does the cooling of the engine and the air conditioning so

i can see that getting stressed out and also the sub frame in the front blocks have of the radiator preventing air from entering it to cool, I've got pictures to back this up

too, I'm not saying the focus is D1 but most faults in the focus occur long after the assembly on the production line,

love the MK6 fiesta though.

Were all entitled to our opinions, fair to say anyone who bought a fiesta got what they wanted, and anyone who could afford a focus maybe didn't have a garage long enough to fit it in.

the fiesta is good looking just not for me i felt the quality was somewhat less especially the horrible material dash that attracts dust if the suns in my eyes and i put the visor down it blocks the whole window and i cant see if i move it to where i can see im being blinded cant get the seats where i want them as my head hits the roof the fog lights are so tight to where the ignition key is i fumble to get them on and the heating dials are too fiddly but as i said thats my personal taste my sister and mum love it though and think the foci is too big each to there own really yeah waiting for the post also hopefully ill get to it before the mrs does lol

Ford are making some great cars what ever the model at the moment and the fiesta outsells the corsa and the focus outsells the astra which is good.

Ford are making some great cars what ever the model at the moment and the fiesta outsells the corsa and the focus outsells the astra which is good.

have to agree ford have got it right since 1998 though the mk2 focus and mk 2.5 are conservative in looks the quality is up there with the best of them the design of the new fiesta and focus stereo etc is quite smart if a bit awkward to use but all in given the fiesta is cheaper its still as good as the best for the cash but the new picanto is a cracker of a wee car strangely many ford looking parts in them wonder if the two work together?

have to agree ford have got it right since 1998 though the mk2 focus and mk 2.5 are conservative in looks the quality is up there with the best of them the design of the new fiesta and focus stereo etc is quite smart if a bit awkward to use but all in given the fiesta is cheaper its still as good as the best for the cash but the new picanto is a cracker of a wee car strangely many ford looking parts in them wonder if the two work together?

Well the diesel engines 1.4TDCI, 1.6TDCI and 1.8TDCI are all Citroen/Peugeot/Ford engines, the only true 100% Ford Diesel engine in the focus is the 2.0TDCI or the 2.2TDCI although if ford sre willing to put their badge in front of it, it must be good,

Also about the Astra an old friend of mine has a 2009 Astra 3 door and to change the headlight bulbs you have to open a flap in the wheel arch, for the front drivers side headlight bulb you turn the steering all the way to the left, then stick your hand in the front of the arch open the flap and change the bulb,

Im not a big fan of the design at all, love the fiesta MK6, focus, mondeo and other cars like the golf and ashamed to say but i kind of have a thing for glanza’s

cheers ordered some and no offence about the fiesta its just not my cup of tea really struggle with headroom in it and just doesnt feel that well built but thats my personal opinion and the first time ive driven a fiesta clearly many people like the car for me its too smal.heated jets from dealers 16 quid each torquesteer 16 quid inc delivery for the pair

these look like a good idea

don't think the jets on my 04 focus are heated, I'm wondering if there could be any wiring in place?

If not has anyone wired a set in?

lift your bonnet, move the sound proofing and look at the jets, if they have an electrical connection they are heated.

i also noticed my wire is wrapped around the washer jets water supply tube...

i believe you will have to wire into the heated windscreen as thats when they work....

lift your bonnet, move the sound proofing and look at the jets, if they have an electrical connection they are heated.

i also noticed my wire is wrapped around the washer jets water supply tube...

i believe you will have to wire into the heated windscreen as thats when they work....

finally shes back from the dealers new pulley wheels new timing belt kit and fan belt all done at fords expense the timing kit at the price they pay was 75 quid and pulley wheels 46 quid total incl labour if i had been paying was 570 smackers but she picks up real good now so its time to do some mods ;)

i only paid around £250 iirc for my timing belt and associated parts to be replaced by my local Ford dealer service center.

i only paid around £250 iirc for my timing belt and associated parts to be replaced by my local Ford dealer service center.

its the ti-vct so the cost was timing belt kit 2 pulley wheels 2 camshaft controllers and a fan belt as well as labour but as i said i didnt have to pay ford did lol :lol:

finally shes back from the dealers new pulley wheels new timing belt kit and fan belt all done at fords expense the timing kit at the price they pay was 75 quid and pulley wheels 46 quid total incl labour if i had been paying was 570 smackers but she picks up real good now so its time to do some mods ;)

What Mods have you got planned mate?

What Mods have you got planned mate?

well the washer jets some of the interior pieces youve got inc the climate control dials im not doing anything to the outside apart from new alloys at some point it will mainly be interior tweeks like the old foci i like to use the black exterior trim to my advantage so that with the smoked headlights thats standard smoked side repeaters and rear fog lights etc

well the washer jets some of the interior pieces youve got inc the climate control dials im not doing anything to the outside apart from new alloys at some point it will mainly be interior tweeks like the old foci i like to use the black exterior trim to my advantage so that with the smoked headlights thats standard smoked side repeaters and rear fog lights etc

Nice Modding B)

you should start a thread for your modding of the car mate, i plan to do the same for mine, although i didnt take any pictures of fitting the ST upper rear spoiler but i have taken pictures of all the other mods, before and after kind of thing, its nice to look back on after a couple of months.