Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Mrs Fez

D4nz0

First a photo if mine and her together

IMAG1425.jpg

Second.... a gripe that her titanium doesn't have loads of expected features.... parking sensors, usb audio input, bluetooth (but it has 4speakers), don't think it has auto wipers coz it seems to have the 4 different speed settings.

Auto is the second click up from the bottom - adjust the sensitivity with the wheel in the stalk.

Parking sensors, USB and bluetooth are all optional extras.

They look good though :D

Parking sensors have never been standard, but the bluetooth and USB have been standard since late 2009/early 2010. You should also have 6 Speakers as standard in Titaniums since the very first build.

July 2010 onwards build get the 8 speaker Sony radio, bluetooth & USB.

Parking sensors have never been standard, but the Bluetooth and USB have been standard since late 2009/early 2010. You should also have 6 speakers as standard in Titaniums since the very first build.

ahh right, its a 58 plate.

The Arnold Clark website had the wrong spec list then.... but she's not too bothered tbh. Thanks for the replies

• Like 1

Parking sensors have never been standard, but the Bluetooth and USB have been standard since late 2009/early 2010. You should also have 6 speakers as standard in Titaniums since the very first build.

Can I just ask where are the 7th and 8th Speakers? I can't picture where they are from the top of my head...

thanks

I've never gone to look where the extra 2 Speakers are. My guess is, in the back. I'm only going by what's on ETIS. It's probs the same set up in the rear as it is in the front.

She has climate control and its pretty noisy... is this normal? When she switches the engine off the noise goes on for a little while.... hoping this is normal and hoping someone can confirm or deny this?

thanks guys

Danny

It's probably the fan to remove moisture from the system, most people have this after the engine is off on auto climate

don't think it has auto wipers coz it seems to have the 4 different speed settings.

should have- you can tell by looking at the windscreen, sensor is in front of the mirror, but I can't see it as someone has parked a low spec zetec in the way :D

• Like 2

She has climate control and its pretty noisy... is this normal? When she switches the engine off the noise goes on for a little while.... hoping this is normal and hoping someone can confirm or deny this?

thanks guys

Danny

I had exactly the same with my Titanium.

There is a small fan in the climate control that helps sense cabin temperature (its behind a small grill to the right of the climate controls)

To stop it running after engine is switched off you need a software update from Ford. Mine was done free at last service and all is quiet now.

should have- you can tell by looking at the windscreen, sensor is in front of the mirror, but I can't see it as someone has parked a low spec zetec in the way :D

My 'low spec zetec' isn't in the way of the windscreen, but thank you for the mature response

There is a small fan in the climate control that helps sense cabin temperature (its behind a small grill to the right of the climate controls)

To stop it running after engine is switched off you need a software update from Ford. Mine was done free at last service and all is quiet now.

Nice one. As long as I know its not a fault the noise is ok. Hopefully they can update software at nxt service too tho.

Thanks

Danny

My 'low spec zetec' isn't in the way of the windscreen, but thank you for the mature response

I'm sure that was a joke...

Besides nobody with a 1.4 can gloat too much :P

I'm sure that was a joke...

Besides nobody with a 1.4 can gloat too much :P

true :D and at least someone has sense of humour :rolleyes:

So do I, but your sense of humour is a very dry, cheeky humour, probably best kept for people that know you... because I don't know you and you just sound like you're being silly.

[EDIT BY DANGULL]: Firstly, that type of language is not acceptable on FOC, secondly directing it at another member is most definitely not acceptable on FOC, and thirdly you'll find quite a lot of 'dry' humour and banter on FOC. cyb is a long standing member who contributes a lot to the forums - so lashing out is not really what's called for thank you.

Edited by DanGull

• 7 years later...
On 9/19/2011 at 2:09 PM, Mariner said:

Hello,

I recently bought a second hand Fiesta Titanium and I would really like to find a way for it to be silent after I switch the engine off. The buzz isn’t loud, but it bothers me and would definitely affect my enjoyment of sitting in the car to, say, enjoy a view, catch up with emails or chat with a friend.

The garage that I bought it from fitted a rubber part that some have found helpful with this issue, but it didn’t make any difference for me. They also thought that it would be silent if I switched the climate control off before switching the car off, but that doesn’t seem to help either.

I mentioned this post from Mariner about a software update that stopped the climate control fan running after the engine was switched off (as well as posts elsewhere about cleaning, oiling and recalibrating the climate control) but they said that they had put everything they could in to trying to sort this out, including spending a lot of time on the phone to Ford, and that there was nothing more they could do.

I really don’t want to have to live with this, so I’m wondering whether you have any further information or ideas that might help lead them to this solution or to any other?

I’m pretty sure the problem IS with the climate control, because it was worse in the period between them first looking at it and fitting the rubber part.

I would be really grateful for your help.

Thank you.

Ailsa

Are you sure it isn't cooling fan over run?

The fan runs on sometimes for a good minute or longer when the engine is turned off or the car is parked up...

It has to keep running I believe especially when the engine is hot after a long journey to keep the coolant circulating to avoid hot spots in the engine developing.

I sure it something along these lines happens with a hot engine.

34 minutes ago, Mavroz said:

Are you sure it isn't cooling fan over run?

The fan runs on sometimes for a good minute or longer when the engine is turned off or the car is parked up...

It has to keep running I believe especially when the engine is hot after a long journey to keep the coolant circulating to avoid hot spots in the engine developing.

I sure it something along these lines happens with a hot engine.

Thank you for your reply. It goes on for at least 5 minutes. Maybe closer to 10. Then it makes a gurgling noise and stops. And I'm almost certain that as soon as you open a door or use any of the other controls it starts again.

Sorry, I do not know then. I only get the cooling fans continue to run after switch off.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club