Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Disable Alarm

Parf

I have a 2007 Mk2 Focus and the alarm has started going off for no reason. Until i find the cause is there a way to disable the alarm. I checked the manual and nothing, and it also said it works off the central locking so I cant even lock it with the key instead of the fob as it still arms the alarm. Its a Ghia model so im hoping there is a sequence of presses or key turns etc to disable it. Im guessing theres no fuse as then it wouldnt be a very good alarm if all you had to do is pull the fuse and it stopped working. I did find a fuse for the backup sounder though. If it cant be disabled does anyone know where the sounder is so i can unplug it.

Thanks

I have a 2007 Mk2 Focus and the alarm has started going off for no reason. Until i find the cause is there a way to disable the alarm. I checked the manual and nothing, and it also said it works off the central locking so I cant even lock it with the key instead of the fob as it still arms the alarm. Its a Ghia model so im hoping there is a sequence of presses or key turns etc to disable it. Im guessing theres no fuse as then it wouldnt be a very good alarm if all you had to do is pull the fuse and it stopped working. I did find a fuse for the backup sounder though.

Thanks

usually its a faulty bonnet pin thats setting it off as for disabling it i have no idea mateit can also be a dodgy battery that can set it off so a cheap fix is have the battery checked

Thanks for the reply. Thats what i thought as I get "bonnet open" and "low brake fluid" lights on the dash although both are fine. I have ordered a new bonnet catch but until it gets here it could go off again.

Failing disabling it does anyone know where the sounder is so I can unplug it. That way ill only have flashing indicators.

does the alarm still sound when deadlocked? ie two quick presses on your remote lock, indicators flash?

Yes it still sounds when deadlocked but I have noticed that the indicators dont flash when deadlocking anymore.

ah fair enough, yeah ive read that the bonnet pin causes this as you and others have said...hope you get this sorted

on a further note, is there no fuse in engine bay or glovebox related to the sounder? im not sure as im at work and cant get to the car.

Thanks. Ive ordered the part so ill let you know if its sorts it. The fuse is shared with the heated seats according to my manual.

In the meantime, is there a plug connector on the bonnet pin that can be removed (unplugged) to stop the false alarms ? Provided switch is open circuit when bonnet closed...........

Its a bit worrying as I have bridged the switch before and it still says "bonnet open" so I think I may have a short somewhere. I took the catch off and the actual catch part of it works fine when i tested it with a multimeter, but when I pushed the plunger up and down nothing happened. I found the horn siren and it looks like it has been changed for a hella one as the wires have been cut to the plug and reconnected. Ill sort the ground out on that tomorrow as it looks like a blind chimp replaced it judging by the wiring. I can live with it saying bonnet open but the alarm going off for no reason is really annoying.

True, as it says in the manual the alarm sounds for 30 seconds and the lights flash for 5 minutes.

Ive had a look at my catch and there are two connectors near it. The one that comes from the right is connected to the catch, there is then an identical connector coming from the right. I tried connecting the one from the right and it just says bonnet open continuously instead of intermittantly.

Can someone have a check of theirs to see if this connector is suppose to be plugged in somewhere.

Thanks

• 4 years later...

I managed to solve this by manipulating a paper clip into a U shape and slotting it into the female plug that connects to the bottom of the bonnet mechanism. Taped up and slotted perfectly into one of the wiring clips. Neat and tidy 2 min fix. Thank you. 

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Mine keeps doing it I also get bonnet open which I know it isn’t because it’s hard enough to open with the key, it seems to love going off early hours in the morning so I think it’s the least favourite car in the street I found clicking the lock button on the fob locks and no alarm is activated seems to work fine form me 

• 3 months later...

Hi I have a 2017 Ford Galaxy Titanium I would like to disable the interior alarm sensors when I leave my dog in the car, is there a simple switch to do this? 

Best regards, Kevin 

2 hours ago, KevBoy said:

Hi I have a 2017 Ford Galaxy Titanium I would like to disable the interior alarm sensors when I leave my dog in the car, is there a simple switch to do this? 

Best regards, Kevin 

Should be when you switch the engine off, on the display behind the steering wheel a thing should come up saying “deactivate interior scan” and you press ok on the steering wheel. 

• Like 1