Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brighter Day Light Running Lights

peterx666

Just taken delivery of a new S-Max Titanium

I was looking forward to having the day light running lights but they dont seem too bright compared with other cars - does anyone know of any (easy) way of making these brighter?

Also - expected the rear lights to come on with the day running lights to warn people behind but mine dont - is something wrong?

Pete

Rear lights don't come on with DRLs. That's the same on most cars.

TBH DRLs are a waste of time - you don't want them any brighter. You'll soon get fed up of people flashing you thinking you have your front fogs on as it is!

Just taken delivery of a new S-Max Titanium

I was looking forward to having the day light running lights but they dont seem too bright compared with other cars - does anyone know of any (easy) way of making these brighter?

Also - expected the rear lights to come on with the day running lights to warn people behind but mine dont - is something wrong?

Pete

Hi they are there to serve a purpose and not toys to be played with,sadly beats me why people think otherwise

They may not be as bright as other cars mate, as the ones fitted on your model are legal E marked and professionally fitted, not in your face intense light bought in Halfords,:blink:

The only way to get better light and also fuel consumption that I am aware of that is proven to work is a voltage stabiliser kit, basically creates a better earth in the car, Click Here

Also apologise for the lack of genuine help on this topic :angry:

I'm not jealous that you have purchased a titanium during a recession :lol:

And most of us are nice genuine people who like to help B)

also DRL's only operate on the front not the rear

• 3 months later...

DRL's are there to increase safety, i.e. oncomming road users can notice you further away, therefore less chance of one overtaking and hitting you. If someone is behind you travelling in the same direction at roughly the same speed then they should see you without he need for DLR's, otherwise they need a white stick and should not be driving! In some European countries it was law to turn on side lights during the day if you were driving on country roads i.e. roads through wooded areas, to increase your visibility and therefore increase overall road safety. This is just an idea that has grown from there. It is a safety issue and not a cosmetic one, believe me they are bright enough, I see loads of new S-Max's driving around Germany as they are a favourite with married British Soldiers, and you can see them a LOT easier than other vehicles without DRL's.