Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior Styling / Footwell Lights

jordan_macgregor

Hi,

My name's Jordan and i recently discovered the sockets for footwell lights in my 2008 Focus Zetec100 [1.6 petrol]. I was wondering if you need to buy anything else before you can just stick a bulb in, any help is appreciated.

Also, i take it from the size of the socket it's just an ordinary interior bulb that goes in there a w5w?!

Cheers,

Jordan MacGregor

jojmacgregor@sky.com

Hi,

My name's Jordan and i recently discovered the sockets for footwell lights in my 2008 Focus Zetec100 [1.6 petrol]. I was wondering if you need to buy anything else before you can just stick a bulb in, any help is appreciated.

Also, i take it from the size of the socket it's just an ordinary interior bulb that goes in there a w5w?!

Hi Jordan,

Welcome to the forum, any further modifications planned?

The footwell bulbs are a hit and miss part, 50% chance they will work when bulbs are fitted, and a 50% chance you may have to either get ford to activate the power to them by hooking your car to their diagnostics or you can hook the cables to your centre light that lights up when you open the door, either way the end result is exactly the same,

Over here in Ireland none of the ford range i.e. Fiesta, focus, Mondeo etc. None of them work when bulbs were fitted, although the cables are there and linked to the fuse box, they require activation on the ECU,

However in the UK 99% of the cars work when the bulbs have been fitted no problems, others have the sockets for the bulbs and no cables, and others have no trace of socket or cables.

I have the socket and cables all wired up with fuse and everything, but no power, i don’t want to snip cables as my cars a 2010 so I’m going to get ford to activate them for me.

ive purchased 5w5 red LED type bulbs to match the dials Click Here Please bear in mind though, if fitting LED Bulbs the only work in one direction of power, unlike regular bulbs. For example:

If fitting regular bulbs once you put it in the socket it will light up

If fitting an led bulb and you put it in the socket it lights up great 100%

If you put the led bulb in and it doesn’t light up?? Take it out turn it around and push it back in,

It will then light up 100% as LED Bulbs have fixed positive and negative terminals not like regular bulbs but ten times brighter and cheaper on power.B)

pleas see my list of links below you may find them of interest just click the text on each one to view.

• Like 1

I was lucky with both my Focus's. As Lenny said though, if you put LED Bulbs in and they dont work, turn them around as they only seem to work one way round.

• Like 2

I was lucky with both my Focus's. As Lenny said though, if you put LED bulbs in and they dont work, turn them around as they only seem to work one way round.

Cheers guys for the advice, will post a pic up if i get round to doing it! looking forward to seeing the results [well, in the dark anyway]!!

And lenny, i seen your link and i have the same problem in my boot, i noticed a patch similar to the one in yourt post, also, i have a wee patch of rust on the passenger rear wheel arch, might get that looked at, it's just been caused by a stone chip or something!

I'm not really sure what else i can do to the car - not really looking to modify it - just put my stamp on it!

Cheers,

• Like 1

Cheers guys for the advice, will post a pic up if i get round to doing it! looking forward to seeing the results [well, in the dark anyway]!!

And lenny, i seen your link and i have the same problem in my boot, i noticed a patch similar to the one in yourt post, also, i have a wee patch of rust on the passenger rear wheel arch, might get that looked at, it's just been caused by a stone chip or something!

I'm not really sure what else i can do to the car - not really looking to modify it - just put my stamp on it!

Cheers,

Thanks for checking my list mate, glad you found them helpful,

there a a few subtle mods you can do to the car make it stand out when parked next to another 2008 focus,

DMB Graphics Manufacture Gel Overlays for the Badges Click Here

also upgrade the front lower grill to chrome see my link below.

and a Submarine style interior light gives a nice glow Click Here

If your car is silver or white maybe spray the rear view mirror to match the body, see my link below.

you may also like these DRL's with genuine Ford dashboard switch Click Here

hope this is of help mate.

thanks again.B)

Your lucky, I had to install my socket myself :(

Mine are not working yet mate, im in limbo between getting ford to activate them on the gem, as their all wired up

or

snipping the cables and hooking them up to the centr light on the centre of the ceiling. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

Sorry took so long, but finally [just kept on forgetting!] got a pic of the lights in the footwell...well happy with the results, although i had to use the flash on the camera because the photo was rubbish without it

post-15199-0-78285300-1319845119_thumb.j

Hi Guys,

Sorry took so long, but finally [just kept on forgetting!] got a pic of the lights in the footwell...well happy with the results, although i had to use the flash on the camera because the photo was rubbish without it

Looks good keep up the mods.

Todays task for me is :

1) Fit SMD's infront internal door handles i will make a guide , these are small row of 3 SMD leds which i will place on the back of the internal door surround and drill three small holes to allow the light through other wise they would be too bright.

2) Boot light following Lenny's example

3) Not arrived yet , but SMD strip which i will place arround the cup holder inside and again drill holes to allow the light through , holes i will fill with clear silicon like tiny windows incase of spillage , this will then illuminate the cup holders . these are a 12" strip of SmD leds and i will take power from Aux power socket in the arm rest .

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

Looks good Jordon, you should try out some other colours to see what they look like. Several people have red footwell lighting on this forum, I chose blue:

th_IMG_0277.jpg

Paul :)

If the rest of the Lighting would have been blue i would have of course gone for blue as it looks great, so mine and all the rest of my lights inside the car are now red :). Only other way to get them all blue would be to borrow JohnH and his soldering skills .lol

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I've got a Focus Mk3. Where would I find the footwell light ? I had a look at the underside of the glove box and to the side of the centre console. But can not see anything that looks like a bulb holder. Any help will be helpful and photos too, to pin point its whereabouts.

Not had a look at the driver side yet.

Your footwell lights look good Jordan... My focus titanium has them in standard spec, i fitted a set of ST alloy pedals to accentuate the lights at night B)

FocusMAD: The bulb holders aren't immediately obvious at a glance when bulbs aren't fitted... I'd lie on my back with a torch and have a really good look for them, the chances are they'll be there...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jordan,

Where did you discover the foot well lights? Can't say I consciously came across any while searching for stuff in my car!

Hi Jordan,

Where did you discover the foot well lights? Can't say I consciously came across any while searching for stuff in my car!

Hi Andy,

the passenger one is under the glovebox and up to the right hand-side; the drivers one is the same, except up to the left - they're pretty clear to see - they're black plastic and hold the w5w bulb i'm sure, the bub should just slot right in...

i'll post a pic up once my phone charges up again!

hope that helps buddy

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club