Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Suggestions For Tweeter Location

chofilena

Where is the best place to install the tweeter for a 2 way component speaker (2011 ford fiesta)? Mid/woofer on the stock location, tweeter??? I finally made a decision on which component to get and i got morel maximo 6.5. Thanks

Where is the best place to install the tweeter for a 2 way component speaker (2011 ford fiesta)? Mid/woofer on the stock location, tweeter??? I finally made a decision on which component to get and i got morel maximo 6.5. Thanks

The stock location is the worst possible. Ideally you should have equal path lengths from all the Speakers to your ears. This clearly isn't possible when you sit on one side of the car, but you can get a lot closer than they are from the factory. I put my tweeters on top of the dash in the corners next to the A pillars. This gives (within a few inches) the same path length. My tweeters came with pods, but rather than drilling holes through the dash to screw them in place I used doubled sided adhesive foam squares (1 year on, and no movement). The wires go down the side of the dash and then into the doors (inside the rubber cable sleeve) where the crossovers are mounted.

If you're feeling more adventurous then you could do a better install in the A-pillars themselves, and cover them in fabric or whatever at the same time.

You should try try make sure the tweeters are directly facing your ears as much as possible. High frequencies are much more directional than lower so its very easy to lose the goodness of the highs

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club