Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone Else Find The Zetec S Seriously Uncomfortable On Long Journeys?

ReeceSanford

Had my 2011 Zetec S TDCI for 3 months now and done 2800 miles.

Ive done a couple of decent distance drives in it between 150-230 miles and when i got out of the car my whole body just ached.

Anyone else feel like ride/seats are not comfy for long distance???

My old Megane was heaven for long drives

I hope not - I get mine on Monday and do a lot of miles!

I test drove one and didn't think it was really any worse than the Titanium. I am coming from a BM with M Sport (concrete) suspension and 18's, so most things seem more comfortable than that!

Took me ages to get the seat and steering wheel positions right, but eventually I found a position for everything that's pretty good.

• Like 1

I've also spent along time setting the seat and steering up and can usually cope with 100miles before a short break. around 150 miles my lower back starts to ache, but I have terrible posture (slouching) and probably need a lumbar support. I find myself most comfy with the seat fairly upright and close to the wheel, that way when my back aches I can just push it into the seat and kind of stretch.

Although I have the titanium, it looks identical to the Zetec S with the dress up kit, 17" wheels and leather seats.

I do belive it sits 10mm higher than the ZS, so imagine that it has the softer suspension.

To me, long journeys are really comfortable (Liverpool - Birmingham etc) as motorways are good quality roads.

The uncomfortable rides are found with city driving. The low profile tyres pick up every bump in the road. As for pot holes, whenever i have gone over one the noice is enough to make me think ive buckled the wheel!

Speed bumps are a pain as the fiesta being a small car means it does not fit over the "square hump" type very well.

Rattles and shakes can be found when driving on normal city roads due to the low profile tyres.

Motorway driving for me is the most comfortable.

Personally I can't speak for the Zetec S, but I found with the fiesta after a long time adjusting the wheel and the various seat positions back and forth I did finally find the ultimate comfy position for me. Now I have the right position I'd be highly unimpressed if someone changed it when in my car lol.

So long as its more comfy than my mk3 transit connect, which is dreadfully uncomfortably on long journeys 130+. Pick mine up tomorrow and driving down to Birmingham from Fife on wednesday in it.

I've found the Edge that I'm driving whilst I wait for my Zetec S to be pretty good comfort wise, even though it doesn't have reach adjustment on the steering. The seats are OK too.

I'm hoping that the Zetec S will be better because it has reach adjustment and more bolstered seats.

I may be odd though, a lot of people don't get on with the seats in MINI's, but I always did! My BM had the best driving position I've ever had in a car and the sports seats had loads of adjustment; the extending thigh support was ace.

I've found the Edge that I'm driving whilst I wait for my Zetec S to be pretty good comfort wise, even though it doesn't have reach adjustment on the steering. The seats are OK too.

I'm hoping that the Zetec S will be better because it has reach adjustment and more bolstered seats.

I may be odd though, a lot of people don't get on with the seats in MINI's, but I always did! My BM had the best driving position I've ever had in a car and the sports seats had loads of adjustment; the extending thigh support was ace.

I'm hoping that the Zetec S will be better because it has reach adjustment

Reach adjustment? You mean the tilt/angle adjustment? If not... then please educate me, coz I have a ZS

Unfortunately, the Zetec S suspension is terrible for motorway driving. If you are unlucky enough to have buckled wheels then it is unbearable! One of the main reasons why I've changed car.

Reach adjustment? You mean the tilt/angle adjustment? If not... then please educate me, coz I have a ZS

The wheel moves up and down and in and out from the dash....quite a long way as it happens.

I've covered 63k miles in 18 months in my liitle van and regularly on a daily basis do the trip from Cornwall to Oxford and back, 424 miles without any problems. But like the rest of the members, you need to get the seat position and steering right.

I haver found that I have to keep adjusting the seat hieght, after a few days it drops, and to this degree I was thinking of replacing the seats with the sports seats from the "Zetec S". After the comments made here I might need to re-think that.

Motorways are definately best, apart from the constant tyre roar, until I added 2 tonne of soundproofing, that might be why I only get 10 mpg.

One thing I do struggle with is the accelerator position. When I'm at a steady speed on the motorway, its very difficult to get a comfotable angle with your foot. I've tried adding the after market ally pedals, no good, resting it against the trim.

All without success. I just can't get my ankle in a comfortable position. I think its because the accelerator pedal is so light that the merest touch and the car is either accelerating or slowing down. Most annoyong.

Agree with Liverpool-S exactly what I'd say. When driving my car home from the dealer for the first time hit a massive pot hole and nearly had heart failure thought I buckled my wheel lol but motorway driving is fine. Got my seat adjusted to give me optimum comfort. ;)

Unfortunately, the Zetec S suspension is terrible for motorway driving. If you are unlucky enough to have buckled wheels then it is unbearable! One of the main reasons why I've changed car.

Ive driven from Manchester to the Lake District and Manchester to Ipswich and the next day im dead. My missus the same in the passenger seat as well.

My old Megane with lumbar support i could drive for 5hours non stop and feel great

pull the steering wheel when its at it highest postition i picked my new one up yesterday and they showed me its quite stiff too

I've settled on having my seat back fairly straight and I'm a lot more comfortable than I was when it was reclining more. I've driven several times from North Wales to the Midlands last week, about 3 hours each way and I've felt perfectly fine at the end of it. Contrast with me having a sore back on any journey longer than an hour in the old seat position.

Do you had the leather seats? or is it just the sport seats?

I had titanium, and always felt really tired on getting there after a long distance, but I took the S to North London from York, the Friday before the end of May bank holiday, and I technically didn't stop if you discount traffic, eg. didn't get out take seat belt off or stop engine, and we're talking 194 miles, and I felt really fine, like I'd been the 12 miles to work.

The only time I have felt tired was the last run from North London to home, beginning of September, but that was my fault, should have gone to bed earlier!!

I've just got my car and drove from Tamworth to Chester and back and had no issues with the seats. I actually think they're pretty good. My only complaint is that they don't seem to go as low as the none sport ones in the Edge that I had for a while.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club