Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oem Units

Trevor Clever

HI, i purchased a OEM after market GPS player from a company on A-sure2008 on eBay and found the maps to be unlicensed versions of IGO 8.3. This is a brand of Nav n Go software. They offer updated maps but only via there own system and not via the official website. I have tried to contact them to discuss this but have come to a dead end. I think this is illegal in its own right. Has anyone else purchased one of these from a company on eBay offering software which has found to be counterfeit maps. I would appreciate any feedback as i tend to contact trading standards on this.

Best wishes

Trever Need

HI, i purchased a OEM after market GPS player from a company on A-sure2008 on ebay and found the maps to be unlicensed versions of IGO 8.3. This is a brand of Nav n Go software. They offer updated maps but only via there own system and not via the official website. I have tried to contact them to discuss this but have come to a dead end. I think this is illegal in its own right. Has anyone else purchased one of these from a company on ebay offering software which has found to be counterfeit maps. I would appreciate any feedback as i tend to contact trading standards on this.

Best wishes

Trever Need

Welcome to the forum.

Non Brand name aftermarket equipment,

can be like that mate same as the IPod replica's you can buy in china for £8 there cheaper for a reason,

I suggest raising a claim on e-bay for a refund if you feel the item is illegal you can also explain that to them there,

I’m sure no e-bay listing for a stereo will openly publish that there brand of stereo has new updated illegal software installed on its system,

and I wouldn’t broadcast it to the world neither,

as you now own this item you are admitting to being in possession of an illegal item and basicly certifying that you also are aware this is illegal on this forum

I’ve tried to search for the seller and the have wisely changed there selling name on e-bay

if you expect professional transactions on e-bay it also helps if you are somewhat professional yourself,

Particularly when the seller your claiming has illegal items also has your delivery address in his selling log and your openly naming and shaming on a public forum. That is searchable in Google and MSN etc.

e-bay has a dispute section for claims which are then dealt with between the seller, the buyer and E-bay the umbrella it all operates under,

it doesn’t evolve an open to the public forum.

I’m not supporting the seller or yourself but to be fair to both party,

This issue can't be resolved on here mate the people you need to talk to are in the e-bay claims section.

This is the best help you can get.

the way most of these sellers work is they buy their kit from china on this site Click Here they buy from the manufacturer in bulk for penny’s and sell them on e-bay for pounds,

The seller may have never actually used one of these units themselves, they may not even drive a car, all they may be is a middle body earning loads of cash on equipment,

and other's may have purchased the stereo and been 100% satisfied as they may not know it illegal if it works and does what it says on the box, they wouldn't see a problem.

Best advice is e-bay dispute section, and state you feel the item is illegal mate, and then it’s out of your hands.

Hi mate, everything Lenny said really :) I had to open a dispute a couple of weeks ago on eBay because I bought a 32GB Kingston SD card, my father's a photographer (wedding & studio) so he knows his stuff and it turns out it was a fake rip off. We tried contacting the seller and he disputed everything so we opened a dispute with eBay and I got my money back so was happy in the end. I think once you've been refunded Paypal/eBay chase the original seller for the fees etc which were refunded.

Hope that helps & you can get this sorted :)

Dan

I was under the impression that iGO8 is freely available software. It is Windows based after all and does require adjustments to work on different screen sizes etc. I have used downloaded versions for a number of years prior to getting a car with the Ford Sat Nav built in.

Depending on the screen size and shape you may require a tweek to the sys file and skins designed to fit. Therefore that may be why they want you to get the updates from them. I had a right nigtmare getting iGo to work in the right resolution for my screen, but eventually worked it out.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club