Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Focus Led Side Lights ??

Wickwick10_1

Mate do you know if LED's get hot ? As the ones I purchased have 5 LED lights and don't want them causing a problem to the lense ?

Hi LED's to be 100% honest do get a little hot, but not as hot that you couldnt hold it tight in your hand,

but those w5w bulbs you have in the fittings at the moomment if their on for 10 seconds they will physicly burn you trust me :lol:

i can post you a picture of my hand, changing the boot light in the car to led yesterday went to take out the w5w and got stuck to it :blink:

so the led's get warm but the current type you have fitted are piping hot within 30 seconds.

so dont worry they will be fine.B)

Hi LED's to be 100% honest do get a little hot, but not as hot that you couldnt hold it tight in your hand,

but those w5w bulbs you have in the fittings at the moomment if their on for 10 seconds they will physicly burn you trust me :lol:

i can post you a picture of my hand, changing the boot light in the car to led yesterday went to take out the w5w and got stuck to it :blink:

so the led's get warm but the current type you have fitted are piping hot within 30 seconds.

so dont worry they will be fine.B)

Great mate thanks - they are not touching anything but very snug and was worried incase get hot ! I did try and take standard one out whilst on but !Removed! hot !

LED's added so see what you think ?

Before with standard bulbs :-

48a2ede3.jpg

After fitted with LED's

6470a337.jpg

Hi Wickwick10

Where did you get the bulbs from and how much please ? Do you have a link ?

Cheers

Hi Wickwick10

Where did you get the bulbs from and how much please ? Do you have a link ?

Cheers

Mate Can Bus Error free bulb £3.79 free postage from eBay - type in the search on eBay 280725363306 and they will come up ! Look very good !

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Cheers Wickwick, I've just put some of these in my mk2.5 sidelights and they are great. Going to order another pair for the footwells too. :)

Lost the little rubber gromet that covers the holder though, so does anyone know where I can get a replacement?

Cheers Wickwick, I've just put some of these in my mk2.5 sidelights and they are great. Going to order another pair for the footwells too. :)

Lost the little rubber gromet that covers the holder though, so does anyone know where I can get a from it from cord bud - LED's look great

• 1 month later...

Have just received 2 sets of error free leds as per link in previous post.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140535309440&ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:GB:1123

I was planning on fitting one set to the number plate and one set to replace the halogen sidelights. I like the white look of the led side lights shown on the picture of the white focus earlier on the post.

Just wanted to check that these are road legal and wouldnt effect MOT etc....??

Still waiting for my osram nightbreaker H7 headlights to come in the post before I start removing light fitting and replacing.

Thanks, great info, think I will buy/fit some of these

Anyone upgraded their headlight bulbs too?

al

fitted led side lights and they look good though the head lights are a bit of a let down - osram night breaker plus are a little bit whiter than the phillips I had in previously but still not as Xenon looking as I would have liked.

also if you change the number plate bublbs then be careful with the number plate housings though as are a bit awkward to remove. Ford obviously didnt upgrade the changing bulb instructions in the manual from the mk2 to the mk2.5 because the diagram shows to remove screws in the lens covers but on the mk2.5 there are no screws the lens cover is just held in by a clip.

greggp, you do realise that its that lack of change in the manual that saved Ford enough money to host their christmas party? lol, either it was clearly too complicated a process to delete the existing paragraph and come up with "insert a thin blade screwdriver into point X and gently pivot to disengage the clip". Clearly it was going to take them too long and too many hours of wages, so they scrapped the idea and paid for their christmas meal or similar!

It is a bit lazy though!

So Osram Nightbreaker plus are the best headlamp replacements, are there 4 bulbs to replace?

Is there a separate bulb for high and dipped beams?

thanks

al

Hi Al,

the main beam and dipped headlights are one unit, but have two filaments, so are both the same and seperate at the same time.

Not true in a mk2.5 at least. They are 2 seperate bulbs.

EDIT: H7 for the dipped, and H1 for main beam. :)

I Stand corrected! I remember the MK2.0 was a single bulb...!

Thanks, just looked in the manual and it does say there are two lamps.

So should I replace both with the Osram Nightbreaker Plus type, or is there a better lamp.

thanks

al

Wont bother making another thread on this, Dont want to hijack.

Fitted my led side lights thisevening, im well impressed:

DSCF7667.jpg

DSCF7668.jpg

DSCF7669.jpg

With dipped beam on too:

DSCF7680.jpg

Fairly easy to fit, pain you have to remove the light unit itself to do it though!

Wont bother making another thread on this, Dont want to hijack.

Fitted my led side lights thisevening, im well impressed:

DSCF7667.jpg

DSCF7668.jpg

DSCF7669.jpg

With dipped beam on too:

DSCF7680.jpg

Fairly easy to fit, pain you have to remove the light unit itself to do it though!

my mk 2.0 has h1plus h7 plus 5w wedge and the fogs h8 seperate main and high beam

• 1 year later...

Hi, just want to confirm for the MK2.5 FL front side lights, believe they are the T10 W5W, do they need to be canbus error free ones or just the standard ones will do ? Which of the lights actually requires the canbus free LED Bulbs ? Planning to change the fog lights as well.

Tq

if you have Canbus (i.e. "oops, your bulbs out - replace it - signed your ford focus") then you need error free, as the small usage of the bulb shows as a suspected blown bulb on the computer... if you (like I) have not got canbus, then it doesnt matter :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club