Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 2011 Bonnet Trim

peers88

Hi, can anyone advise the best way of removing & replacing the chrome strip at the front of the bonnet? (will be replacing with black strip) not sure how it un-clips/removes whithout damaging the clips or bonnet.

Thanks, Adam

post-21669-0-23162500-1316797060_thumb.j

Hi, can anyone advise the best way of removing & replacing the chrome strip at the front of the bonnet? (will be replacing with black strip) not sure how it un-clips/removes whithout damaging the clips or bonnet.

Thanks, Adam

Hi Adam,

Welcome to the Forum,

Don't Know how to remove it mate, but may be cheaper to carbon wrap it or black vinyl,

At least then if you ever decide you want a chrome one you just remove the strip.B)

Cheers mate if i can't manage to change it will give it a go! Was looking to replace it tho and keep the chrome as a spare.

This is an example of what i mean:

My link

I would guess its stuck down using Ford "Poo to a Blanket" double sided tape, if so you may find it hard to get off with out damaging it, Try heating it up with a hair dryer , it may just peel off then.

Cheers mate if i can't manage to change it will give it a go! Was looking to replace it tho and keep the chrome as a spare.

This is an example of what i mean:

My link

At £32 for the part mate id wrap it, plus the cars black you may not like it as much with the black panel on the bonnet,

up to yourself but id wrap it for less tha £10 with the same results,

and if you ever look at the car some day and think to yourself

''ya know that lenny lad was rite, it does look better in chrome on a black car'''

you wont have a big job restoring it back to chrome again :D

• 1 year later...

Hi Lenny (Hate to revive an old thread) did you paint your chrome bonnet trim or wrap it? i have the same colour focus and i am thinking of using your styling idea! B)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club