Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Would You Trust Jacking Up Your Car On Abit Of A Slope.

fiesta_lad

Hi all i am planing to change the anti roll bar drop links on my fiesta. But the thing my driveway is on abit of a slope which is a pain so i am thinking if but the handbrake on fully put the car into first gear chock the wheel and using axle stands also putting the wheel underneath the car do you think i would be ok.

I can't be botherd driveing some were level and bringing all my tools with me and then for getting a tool and haven't to drive back to get it. So would you jack a car up on a slight slope. Cheers alan.

Hi all i am planing to change the anti roll bar drop links on my fiesta. But the thing my driveway is on abit of a slope which is a pain so i am thinking if but the handbrake on fully put the car into first gear chock the wheel and using axle stands also putting the wheel underneath the car do you think i would be ok.

I can't be botherd driveing some were level and bringing all my tools with me and then for getting a tool and haven't to drive back to get it. So would you jack a car up on a slight slope. Cheers alan.

I have done this many a time, its not advisable but just make sure you chock the wheels. if you are jacking the front, remember that when you lift either of the front wheels having it in gear no longer matters..

Hey mate, I can't see you having any problems but like Danny above me said depends how steep your drive is.

I regularly jack cars on my drive and always have done and it's slightly slopped. Put it in first gear but remember once one of the front wheels is off the ground it doesn't mean anything as it could start to roll. Chock your front wheels (use bricks like I do if you haven't got any) and make sure your car is safe to go under with axle stands - I know you know this already but it's one of those things which can't be stressed enough as even a our MK5's are heavy dropped on someone!

Dan :)

Depends how steep your "bit of a slope" is tbh. Hard to say yes or no without knowing.

put a spirit level on the slope,

if the bubble goes off the top on to the side wall, don’t do it mate,

my driveway is on a slope of maybe 3ft gradual incline over a length of 20ft

I’ve had cars jacked up on it painting brake drums and callipers, I put the wheel under the body as a precaution,

but if you’re planning to lie under the car, find somewhere else to go mate, its not worth the risk,

if you live close to the coast like me, the coastal beach areas i.e. car parks are usually deserted this time of year so you could park up somewhere

level and quiet, do the job there, as an extra precaution tell some one where exactly your going and what time you expect to be back, just encase the jack breaks or anything wild happens, you don’t want to run in to trouble in a deserted area.B)

Hey mate, I can't see you having any problems but like Danny above me said depends how steep your drive is.

I regularly jack cars on my drive and always have done and it's slightly slopped. Put it in first gear but remember once one of the front wheels is off the ground it doesn't mean anything as it could start to roll. Chock your front wheels (use bricks like I do if you haven't got any) and make sure your car is safe to go under with axle stands - I know you know this already but it's one of those things which can't be stressed enough as even a our MK5's are heavy dropped on someone!

Dan :)

Hello dan i've got some nice wheel chocks that i got from college so they should do the trick. And a good jack and axle stands i agree don't fancy a mk5 falling on me lol.

put a spirit level on the slope,

if the bubble goes off the top on to the side wall, don’t do it mate,

my driveway is on a slope of maybe 3ft gradual incline over a length of 20ft

I’ve had cars jacked up on it painting brake drums and callipers, I put the wheel under the body as a precaution,

but if you’re planning to lie under the car, find somewhere else to go mate, its not worth the risk,

if you live close to the coast like me, the coastal beach areas i.e. car parks are usually deserted this time of year so you could park up somewhere

level and quiet, do the job there, as an extra precaution tell some one where exactly your going and what time you expect to be back, just encase the jack breaks or anything wild happens, you don’t want to run in to trouble in a deserted area.B)

Good idea with the spirit level never thought of that. Not going underneath the car only doing the anti roll bar drop links. There is a few quiet areas by mine nice little car park only dog walkers hang round there so it's quiet. And i will drag the other half with me she can pass me the tools :lol:

Depends how steep your "bit of a slope" is tbh. Hard to say yes or no without knowing.

I would'nt say its a big slope but it's anough for the car to roll right back when foot of the brake.

Good idea with the spirit level never thought of that. Not going underneath the car only doing the anti roll bar drop links. There is a few quiet areas by mine nice little car park only dog walkers hang round there so it's quiet. And i will drag the other half with me she can pass me the tools :lol:

:lol: sounds like the best idea mate, its not worth taking a chance

• Like 1

:lol: sounds like the best idea mate, its not worth taking a chance

I know i heared to many stories of cars falling on people and killing them scary but deffo do that sprit level thing 2morrow.

• Like 1

I know i heared to many stories of cars falling on people and killing them scary but deffo do that sprit level thing 2morrow.

glad to be of help mate, cheers B)

• Like 1

glad to be of help mate, cheers B)

Well jacked the car up today and all is good the rear wheel raise abit but to me i thought it was secure give it a good rock car was wooble but safe anough has i am still here alive.