Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Picked Up My New Focus

Wickwick10_1

Picked up Friday my new focus titanium in white with keyless entry - priv glass - 18" wheels - power fold mirrors. I have to say this car is totally awesome ! Great drive ! Some great toys and one great sound system !! Anyone thinking of getting one don't hesitate ! Only plans for me are front passenger and drivers window priv glass and LED's side lights !!!

Hi, they are very nice motors and I hope you will be very happy with your new Focus, I know I am. Can we have some pictures though please? Can you legally tint the front windows anymore than they already are as I would have thought the factory tint is about as dark as it can go?

Chris

Unless it's recently changed -

The law states front windows must allow 70% of light through; the front windscreen must allow 75% of light through.

Hi, they are very nice motors and I hope you will be very happy with your new Focus, I know I am. Can we have some pictures though please? Can you legally tint the front windows anymore than they already are as I would have thought the factory tint is about as dark as it can go?

Chris

Mate you can't legally tint front side windows but I have found aslong as you don't go to stupid then your ok - I am having mine done weekend so will put pics on , I just think that rear windows are so dark that personally I dont like the clear window next to tinted hence the reason I will have them done.

Unless it's recently changed -

The law states front windows must allow 70% of light through; the front windscreen must allow 75% of light through.

Yes that sounds correct mate

Yeah the law remains the same, you dont need an overtint to make it work with the car. plus the police love to pull someone with excessive tint...

• Like 1

Yeah the law remains the same, you dont need an overtint to make it work with the car. plus the police love to pull someone with excessive tint...

you cant legally tint them however you can put defender film on them which will give an extra 10 percent tint but legally that is as far as you can go defender film isnt cheap either since defender film is classed as a security measure it gets round the law and is legal

I personally wont buy a car with rear privacy glass, because IMHO I reckon they spoil the look of the car half and half side view on. I mean how up themselves are people these days?........ I don't want kidnappers knowing I'm ferrying my precious brats about ;) ............get other yourselves, your not the Beckhams.

Obviously no slight or reflection :D intended to the opening poster, just me expressing my opinion on privacy glass.

Thinking about this, if you've got rear privacy glass, can the police pull you over for reversing?

I didn't particularly want privacy glass, but, oddly, it's paired with the keyless entry option, which I wanted. I've never had privacy glass before, and I notice it drastically reduces what you can see through the rear view mirror, especially at night.

I quite like the look of the windows though, I think they go well with the black car.

I have had full priv glass on every car since 1996 and had new car every year and never been pulled for them ? I never go stupidly dark though.

I personally wont buy a car with rear privacy glass, because IMHO I reckon they spoil the look of the car half and half side view on. I mean how up themselves are people these days?........ I don't want kidnappers knowing I'm ferrying my precious brats about ;) ............get other yourselves, your not the Beckhams.

Obviously no slight or reflection :D intended to the opening poster, just me expressing my opinion on privacy glass.

I think car looks better with priv glass and not up my self but each to their own.

I didn't particularly want privacy glass, but, oddly, it's paired with the keyless entry option, which I wanted. I've never had privacy glass before, and I notice it drastically reduces what you can see through the rear view mirror, especially at night.

I quite like the look of the windows though, I think they go well with the black car.

Priv glass on black looks great !

Hi, they don't look too bad with the candy red either:

IMG_4633.jpg

Chris

Yes looks good !!! Will put picks up weekend once mine done !

Cuke it does looks nice in red, better than that "Hair dresser" Candy Red Fords used to do.

Looks nice in the white as well Wick even side on, mind you the front passenger window is tinted isn't it? I don't mind tints all round, it's just the clear front, dark rear combo I'm not keen on. Like I said previously, I think it can spoil the aesthetics of the car.

Pavr27, like you say not as good vision wise at night in review mirror,but also like you say it will look good on a black car....

Wick what model have you got? I see you have disk brakes on the rear axle, are they fit as standard on the Mk3?

Cuke it does looks nice in red, better than that "Hair dresser" Candy Red Fords used to do.

Looks nice in the white as well Wick even side on, mind you the front passenger window is tinted isn't it? I don't mind tints all round, it's just the clear front, dark rear combo I'm not keen on. Like I said previously, I think it can spoil the aesthetics of the car.

Pavr27, like you say not as good vision wise at night in review mirror,but also like you say it will look good on a black car....

Wick what model have you got? I see you have disk brakes on the rear axle, are they fit as standard on the Mk3?

Mate the pic was of the exact car so I thought and not the one I actually picked up - good spot on the rear brakes and mine don't have disc's on rear. The front windows actually are clear on this car just in the showroom do look tinted. Will put pics up of mine Weekend .

Ooops, it is called Candy Red !! Light the blue touch paper and stand back awaiting backlash from the 'Hair dresser' :lol:

fc6481e5.jpg

c2474b1d.jpg

25e863b6.jpg

d9f174cd.jpg

Right pics added Titanium Focus with priv glass / power fold mirrors / 18" wheels & keyless entry ! Front priv glass to be done the week end !

Ooops, it is called Candy Red !! Light the blue touch paper and stand back awaiting backlash from the 'Hair dresser' :lol:

ROFL, as you know it is tri-coat paint, thus very different to the 'base' candy red of yesterdays cars. You need to try harder :lol:

Chris

fc6481e5.jpg

c2474b1d.jpg

25e863b6.jpg

d9f174cd.jpg

Right pics added Titanium Focus with priv glass / power fold mirrors / 18" wheels & keyless entry ! Front priv glass to be done the week end !

Very nice, front tints will just finish it off nicely !! :)

Very nice, front tints will just finish it off nicely !! :)

Yes I hope so ! Cheers

ROFL, as you know it is tri-coat paint, thus very different to the 'base' candy red of yesterdays cars. You need to try harder :lol:

Chris

You see Chris knows the colour I was on about, Ford did it on the Mk2. We were looking at a garage prior to us buying our current car two years ago.They had two Mk2's a black Zetec, and a metallic Red Ghia, and the wife said definatley not the hairdresser red one. And she should know what she was talking about because she was a hairdresser many many many many moons ago :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club