Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide To Fitting Mist Type Jets On Your Ford

Lenny

I did this mod a couple of months ago and my driver side one overshoots a little too.

I can't see whether they are adjustable or not, i'm sure someone will be able to put me straight in this regard.

i dnt think they are adjustable mate,

i was using the overspray as an excuse to buy some clim-aer wind deflectors :D

Just had another look. Pushed them up with a flat head and there was a bit of silicone holding them in alright.

Got me though, there was a rubber seal that i didn't see left on the bonnet, put on the new one and it wouldn't sit down. Took it off and unknown to me the old seal stuck to the new part. Had another go and it wouldn't clip in. So I had a look, noticed there were two rubber seals so took one off to reveal a slightly angled part which I thought might clip in. Sure enough once it was off it clipped in. Wasn't overly happy as I wasn't using them the way they were made, or at least so I thought.

Went over the other side and the old one left the rubber seal on the bonnet but this time I saw it and I released it was the same as the one I took off the first new part.Tok it off and the new one sat in perfectly.

They're working grand, the drivers side one over shoots the side of the windscreen a little but its grand.

Thanks Lenny!

No Problem mate,

glad you got them sorted out in the end B)

First thing i did when i got the car was climairs.

Stops the !Removed! ends blowing back in. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Cheers Lenny, fitted these today following your guide. Made it very easy indeed.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Do these fan jets need much adjusting after fitting?

My old Octavia had them and they were only adjustable in the up/down direction.

I've not found any adjustment in them at all.

They seem pretty optimal as they are but do tend to squirt a little off the drivers side, no big problem though.

• 3 weeks later...

Will this work on a mk3 mondeo??

Hi mate,

yes these jets will fit all fords as far back as 1997

+1

The only difference in the nozzles is whether they are heated or not.

My car doesn't have the bonnet insulation pad is this a bad thing?

Sorry but I'm dissapointed in them :(

I put them on my mk3 Mondeo and they both seem to squirt 2 diffused jets but mainly to the left and right with just a little going straight forwards and one of the units aims to the bottom of the screen.

Just my luck it's the driver's side.

Workable but not what I wanted.

If I hadn't cut the wires so close to the old units to use the original loom as is needed for a Mondeo, I would have put the old ones back on.

I've just ordered four of these bad boys misty efforts! (thanks for the link) A pair for me car, another pair for me Freda ;) Belting stuff!

I always found that jet washers used to drown the screen but the mist ones cover a better area and clear quicker, none of those annoying dribbles down the screen even after the delayed final wiper sweep.

I'm running out of mods to do on my car so I'm tempted to give this one a try.

Just interested if people get spray on the paint work as well?

I put them on my mk3 Mondeo and they both seem to squirt 2 diffused jets but mainly to the left and right with just a little going straight forwards and one of the units aims to the bottom of the screen.

If I hadn't cut the wires so close to the old units to use the original loom as is needed for a Mondeo, I would have put the old ones back on.

Hi mate,

sorry to read that you are disapointed with the mist type jets,

i have my original set of jets in storage, they are practically new they were removed from my focus at 32,000km and are the heated type,

so if you want to change back to normal jets, these jets are the same connection on the end as the mist type and are adjustable just like the ones you used to have on your mondeo,

so if you want them mate please PM me and i will post them to you, no problem ;)

hope this helps.

You should have tested them before wiring them up then :P

fitted mine last night. was going to wait till the weekend but i tried taking one out and it was dead easy so just got on with it. took me around 5-10min!

they seem good only cost £7 but if they were more then wouldn't of been worth it.

Just found out about this mod , seems to be worth a try , as my jets on my focus titanium mk2.5 seem a bit crappy , can I ask what type I require and the best place to get them from?

I think my washers would be the heated type.

thanks

*edit* just ordered the heated ones from Lennys link on page 1 as i checked my focus on Ettis and it says it has heated washers , look foward to getting them and for the price , cant go wrong really!

cheers

Hi

Just fitted the mist jets , takes a bit of movement at first to get the old jets out even with pressing in on the clip as I suppose after time they mould themselves in place , I actually never bothered taking the electric connector out of its mount , as It was possible to disconnect the electrics with it still in its holder against the bonnet.

Very happy with the outcome , yes they do spray a bit low but it still seems to cover the window , and it does leave a lot of excess water dripping down the bonnet , I would not say they spray a mist as such just more of a wide sprinkle but I suppose when driving it will look more like a mist.

Thanks for guide!

Mitch

Hi all. fitted my mist types yesterday to my fiesta. Took 2 minutes. No cover on the inside f tho bonnet. Popped them out and popped the new ones in. There great.

Kind of off topic but a friend had blocked washer jets and was about to get his whole pump system replaced but I stopped him, pulled the hose off the jet and checked the pressure which was fine. I then put the hose in a clear water bottle and noticed the water had all sorts of crap in it. due to where the water filler is on his car (a Clio) it was a major job to take it out and clean so we just kept topping it up and ran water through the system till it was clear. took over 15 litres till it was clear.

Worth noting if you are having problems with blocked washer jets. I'm guessing he used a dirty water bottle or a dirty jug to top up his washer fluid.