Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jumping out of gear.

brummie60

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum.

I have an 08 reg 1.6 TDCI Fusion, it has been jumping out of 2nd gear and I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this problem. The garage said that it needed a new 2nd gear selector, then they said a bearing case had broken. I am concerned as to what will happen when I come sell or exchange it having had a gearbox repair.

Do you think that the whole gearbox should have been replaced under warranty?

Thanks, Alan

Sorry to hear youve got problems my friend. Im thinking a repair is as good as replace. if they pull the whole thing out the might fXXck up somthing else. But you should insisit on getting what you would be happiest with.

THanks for your reply. My worry is that they are feking it up!! They originally said a 2nd gear selector (whatever that is?) then they said that they cracked the casing on a bearing ( my limited experience of bearings is that you would have to hit it bl**dy hard to crack the case).

The receptionist said that they were "re-building the gear box" so it sounds as if it's in bits. They have had it Mon,Tues, half day Wed and all day Friday and it's still not ready, I'm seriously worried.

Seems a long time but they have to order parts that can take a day this time of year. if your not happy get down there face to face see the manager.if its the same place you purchased car remind him your going to want another car eventually and unless it gets sorted quiclkly and properly you wont come back . Also mention contacting ford uk about there treatment.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club