Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk6 Triple Deck Stereo Removal

TheWaddler

What I mean is don't cut the trim, tbh it never looks right anyway.

Buy one designed for a double din radio.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=270815089491

Yeah, like Bobby says, surely I'd still have to cut those black strips off to fit this? Else I can't see how it would fit!

Is there no way to fit an aftermarket stereo without cutting those strips?

There isn't no sorry. It's a flaw that Ford quickly rectified and put in a standard double din size unit. I followed the tutorial in my partners looks top notch.

• Like 1

There isn't no sorry. It's a flaw that Ford quickly rectified and put in a standard double din size unit. I followed the tutorial in my partners looks top notch.

Okay thanks - will give it a go then! What did you use to cut the black strips? Did they need sanding down at all, anything like that?

Used a small hack saw blade they are not difficult to remove. Sanded down so almost flush. Be creative you may have something that gives plastic a shiny touch. Don't ask me what I'm just throwing things out there

Just thought I'd mention that you can buy a whole new fascia that ford make for a satnav (double din unit) if you don't want to cut off the bars, but they are fairly expensive! Like this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ford-Fiesta-Single-Radio-Bezel/dp/B002TV65FC/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_0_0

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys, new to the forum. My son has just bought a 1.4 Fiesta Mk6 2006. Done all of the above and have the stereo fitted, but it is not storing radio stations or the clock. Seems it doesn't have a permanent live working. Any ideas. I used the Autoleads PC2-80-4.

Could it be a blown fuse to the radio ?

You may need to swap the permanent live and ignition live feeds over.

Do you have a connector diagram with your radio?

Could be a blown fuse, or the positive and the switched positive could be the wrong way around?

The connector in the back of the radio may be faulty? Or maybe even the battery is just low on power?

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi guys I'm in the prosses of fitting an aftermarket double din stereo replacing the triple dash factory one.

I can't program my stering wheel controls with the stereo. The stereo in settings has a programmable steering wheel section where I tap the action I want and then hold down a button on the stereo steering wheel control for them to link up. I don't know why it won't connect. Any ideas please?

Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club